ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 Transfer Portal Activity

So entry into the portal closes, but those already in the portal can complete a transfer to another team?

Also, the portal reopens in the Spring--can non graduate transfers enter that portal too?

Not up to speed on portal rules.
I post the info but I'm not super knowledgeable about all the details either lol.

I'm pretty sure you can still transfer to another team if you're already in the portal even after it closes. Admissions and enrollment deadlines for destination schools probably still matter though.

I think the spring portal is the same as this one.

From an ESPN article in November:

Do players have to transfer during the new windows?

No. The windows are meant for players to enter their names into the portal, which is different from actually transferring. Once their name is in the portal, they can transfer whenever they want as long as they are able to gain admissions and meet academic requirement dates.

There are a few exceptions to the portal windows. Graduate transfers can enter at any time. Even prior to the immediate-eligibility waiver, grad transfers had been able to play for another team right away because they fulfilled their undergraduate requirements.

Players whose head coaches were fired during the season will have an immediate 30-day window to enter the portal, allowing other coaches to talk and communicate with them if there's a future spot on their roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
With new QB to Ole Miss does that mean Davin Wydner, with NJ roots, is headed to the transfer portal.
I was wondering about Jaxon Dart actually but I guess it’s possible other qbs on the depth chart might consider it.

Kiffin’s earlier tweet poking fun at Kelly for his Howard recruitment video makes more sense now too lol.

Ole Miss adding another qb on top of Walker Howard. Jaxon Dart might be looking towards the spring transfer portal at this rate.

Ole Miss adding another qb on top of Walker Howard. Jaxon Dart might be looking towards the spring transfer portal at this rate.

I have a solution to this problem.
Chris Partridge gives Jaxson Dart a ride to Piscataway.

Jaxson's a dual threat QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT