ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NJ HS Football Season…

Toms River North looked good in their opener...Surprised they just beat up a top Program in PA...TRN played without RU signee Matthews and Downingtown East looked like a JV team against The Mariners...Yardage was 300+ yards for TRN and 0 for Downingtown at half

Last edited:
Reactions: tico brown
Pretty solid public school game tonight with Passaic Valley at Caldwell. PV made the group 3 north sectional final last year and that program seems to be moving in the right direction. Caldwell is tough again but a big question mark at QB. I personally think the frosh QB is better than the soph seton hall transfer.

Reactions: tico brown
BIG STATE SPORTS YouTube Page, FKA MORRIS SUSSEX SPORTS, has done a great job streaming live HS Sports games for free the last few years. Definitely better than some of those groups/companies that you have to pay to watch HS games. They are spreading away from their Morris/Sussex areas this year as they have some great games this week, free on YouTube.

Last edited:
NJ dot Com has finally done it. They put their streamed games behind a paywall…

So I’m assuming that you will have to pay to watch this years state championships, that has been free for years…

Damm shame.

• Angry
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Some unreal games last night. #1 was west morris vs morris knolls. Watch the last 5 mins on youtube big state sports

I was at a pretty good game and the biggest crowd I've seen in 2 years and we go all over Monmouth and Ocean Counties looking for the best talent and teams every Friday Night and Saturdays.Howell 42 Freehold Twp. 33. Freehold was up 21-7 early 2nd Q, then again 33-27, but Howell ran the ball down their throats.

I was at a pretty good game and the biggest crowd I've seen in 2 years and we go all over Monmouth and Ocean Counties looking for the best talent and teams every Friday Night and Saturdays.Howell 42 Freehold Twp. 33. Freehold was up 21-7 early 2nd Q, then again 33-27, but Howell ran the ball down their throats.
Been to a few high school games this year. Bigger crowds than I remember from last year. Maybe folks are thinking they can't afford the NFL games so they're opting for the $4 ticket for live football?

Been to a few high school games this year. Bigger crowds than I remember from last year. Maybe folks are thinking they can't afford the NFL games so they're opting for the $4 ticket for live football?
Could be part of it, but this game is a rivalry because they are both part of a 6 High School District. Freehold Twp, Freehold Boro, Howell, Manalapan,Marlboro and Colt Neck. I'm not sure if there's another Regional HS District that has 6 different towns in NJ under one Regional Superintendent.

Could be part of it, but this game is a rivalry because they are both part of a 6 High School District. Freehold Twp, Freehold Boro, Howell, Manalapan,Marlboro and Colt Neck. I'm not sure if there's another Regional HS District that has 6 different towns in NJ under one Regional Superintendent.
I wished they all played each other round Robin ever year instead of switching off based on last years record

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Elizabeth HS Coach John Fiore was fired today for trying to bring on an illegal transfer on to the team: his son.

Well, that is an interesting story. Fiore has a house in Cranford but rented an apartment in Elizabeth so his son could play for him. Then they slept their a few a days week to be eligible.

Kinda OT, but one of the biggest 13u games this year in the tri-state area is being played tonight in Paterson. #1 vs. #2 in NJ go at it. Both teams are loaded with upcoming HS talent and D1 prospects.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT