ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 20th water main break of the year in Hoboken

In the Harrisburg Pa area our water company switched our drinking water disinfection agent from chlorine to chloramine. When they did this they stated that they had to raise the water pressure. Subsequently water mains broke all over the area. In addition, the increased pressure created a lot of noise in the house when someone would shower so I had to install a pressure drop valve to quiet things down. Last, but certainly not least especially in older homes and neighborhoods...chloramine dissolves lead. <<==think about that

When the Rs ran the cities they built bridges, rails, subways, and tunnels. The Dems build low income housing for criminals who destroy the neighborhoods and stadiums for billionaires. Let us know when you are ready to cut welfare and we can put the money into infrastructure.

Obama was given $800 BILLION for infrastructure. He spend the money on union bailouts.

That's a massive overgeneralization. Democratic administrations in many cities have funded massive road, subway, bridge, convention projects etc. The effectiveness of some of them can certainly be debated, but there's no doubt that they have been built.

Wow, great place to live.

It actually is a phenomenal place to live aside from the ancient water/sewage lines and streets. Consistently in the top 5 of pretty much every "small city" category. Singles in their 20's, 30's, 40's, young professionals, etc. etc., etc..

Last edited:
Missing an important group:

http://www.njfamily.com/Hoboken-We-Still-Love-You/

Your definition of phenomenal is awful to many others.

Tons of families, young families with $$$, in Hoboken. Plenty of prep and private schools in the region for them to send their kids to, as well, and participation in youth soccer/lax/baseball/softball leagues in town is skyrocketing. Silly article IMHO.

Ton of people start a family in Hoboken but only a small percentage will raise their kids there.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Ton of people start a family in Hoboken but only a small percentage will raise their kids there.

True but the % is getting higher by the year. Easier to move to The 'Burb's eventually, for a # of reasons, but 10 years ago it was "move when your kid is 3 or 4" and that's changed with more charter schools in the area.

Hoboken is a pretty great place. I think it must be very good for people in their 20s. Last time I was there we went for dinner and some late evening drinks (at 10 pm I consider that late for me). Saw a lot of old eople 30s and 40s out partying. Found that a little odd that lots of people want to act like their still 25, especially the old timers in their 40s pushing 50. Give it up already!
On another note i wonder how so many of the younger milennialls are financing their party city lifestyle? I imagine mommy and daddy still throw some support.

That's a massive overgeneralization. Democratic administrations in many cities have funded massive road, subway, bridge, convention projects etc. The effectiveness of some of them can certainly be debated, but there's no doubt that they have been built.

No. My post was accurate. Let's take Philly as an example. The Rs built EVERY subway, eVERY regional rail, 4 of the 5 bridges, City Hall, Art Museum, Parkway, Waterworks behind Art Museum, and most of the infrastructure. Dems built the low income housing for criminals and stadiums for billionaires. Let me know when the Dems build their first subway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT