ADVERTISEMENT

OT: a good friend is STUCK IN CHINA

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Guys my buddy Randy “Honkus” Stockstill AND his family (including their 6-month old son) are currently stuck in Wuhan, China.

There is a state department plane headed there to bring US Citizens back BUT they could use ANY AND ALL help (if possible) to get on the plane!! Please follow this link for additional info as to whom to tweet at or contact AND IF you have direct White House contacts PLEASE follow up with them if you can!!

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant...-honkus-stuck-just-outside-of-wuhan/88243553/

Thanks!

NUTS

Saw this on the bottom of a bbc article about contacting journalists. Might help to get his story out and for someone to see it who could help. Might be something similar for CNN too.

Are you in China? Have you been affected by the lockdown in various cities? Email haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk.

Please include a contact number if you are willing to speak to a BBC journalist. You can also contact us in the following ways:

Or use the form below

Saw this on the bottom of a bbc article about contacting journalists. Might help to get his story out and for someone to see it who could help. Might be something similar for CNN too.

Are you in China? Have you been affected by the lockdown in various cities? Email haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk.

Please include a contact number if you are willing to speak to a BBC journalist. You can also contact us in the following ways:

Or use the form below
Saw this guy’s name in the bylines of some cnn Wuhan articles. Says he’s Senior producer for CNN international...maybe tweeting at him or emailing him might help get his story out too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jgriffiths

Reactions: rutino
My guess is that there are literally tens of thousands of western ex-pats currently under quarantine in Wuhan. It's a problem on a scale such that the U.S Department of State and the U.K. Home Secretary's Office are deeply invested in a solution and there is no "squeaky wheel" exercise that will expedite the process.

My guess is that there are literally tens of thousands of western ex-pats currently under quarantine in Wuhan. It's a problem on a scale such that the U.S Department of State and the U.K. Home Secretary's Office are deeply invested in a solution and there is no "squeaky wheel" exercise that will expedite the process.
Completely disagree. Always worth being the squeaky wheel in this situation. Just the reality of how big gov works.

Reactions: scripts
Completely disagree. Always worth being the squeaky wheel in this situation. Just the reality of how big gov works.

There's a list. Get your information out to the State Department and the U.S. Consulate and make sure that there's a communications plan in place to keep ex-pats informed throughout the situation. Screaming to congressmen and governors while you wait, assuming all of the relevant processes are in place, does nothing but waste people's time.

If those processes are *not* in place, then you have something specific to complain about. That's the trick to escalation - you need a specific gap in process to highlight, as well as a specific desired outcome (and "get me out of here" is not a specific desired outcome).

Anyone who’s coming out of that area may be infected with the virus no matter what county they’re from, they may have to quarantine people for a number of days before they are allowed to leave. This virus sounds like it’s spreading very fast and there’s no cure in site, when you have doctors using robots in regards to virus carriers you know there are scared also of what this virus can do. I hope your friend and family are safe until a solution can be figured out.

FYI - Not an ex-pat. Wife originally from there. Met at LSU. Took family so her parents could meet their new son (6-months).

China is quickly turning into a real life Black Mirror dystopia. Social credit system, reeducation camps for Muslims, banning Winnie the freakin Pooh. Will never travel there.

Reactions: RUaMoose
When I want the Chinese experience I do China Cafe in Iselin... great Singapore Noodles....but seriously I get why Nuts is anxious good friends are hard to find in 2020... hope this new virus is soon under control ....with China I ‘m not overly confident.

When I want the Chinese experience I do China Cafe in Iselin... great Singapore Noodles....but seriously I get why Nuts is anxious good friends are hard to find in 2020... hope this new virus is soon under control ....with China I ‘m not overly confident.
The Chinese government will get it under control. They may have to stomp on whatever human rights they still allowed, and will probably have to kill a few thousand of their own citizens in the process, but they will resolve the issue.

The problem lies in the fact that river waterways are still cesspools, animals are alive and roaming inside markets, slaughtered afterwards. Sanitation is dramatically lacking throughout the many provinces . Smart people but when government controls everything that is what happens. We ‘ll see what transpires next but this will likely continue to be the norm in countries like China , Africa, India at least until they decide to clean up the sanitary issues. Travel around the world and you will see why it’s not about what we do but what their leaders choose to do.

I am doing a lot of stuff in the ME. Since everyone feels that Chinese Gov would do in their own, here is something from Israel.

Israeli Biological Warfare Expert Connects China’s Wuhan Virus to Covert Biological Warfare Laboratory
An Israeli biological warfare expert is linking China’s deadly Wuhan virus to China’s ‘covert biological warfare’ laboratory(s); It’s believed that the Wuhan Institute of Virology is where the disease may have originated.

An Israeli biological warfare expert by the name of Dany Shoham, who is now with the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies at Bar Ilan University in Israel, believes that the deadly Wuhan virus is likely connected to one of China’s covert biological warfare laboratories; in this case, the Wuhan Institute of Virology. While there is a lot of speculation at this point, there are several truths that validate his concern. Shoham stated, “Certain laboratories in the institute have probably been engaged, in terms of research and development, in Chinese biological weapons, at least collaterally, yet not as a principal facility of the Chinese BW alignment.”

Dany Shoham was a lieutenant colonel and a senior analyst with the Israeli Military Intelligence for biological and chemical warfare, and he unquestionably states that biological tests that are run in these laboratories are ‘covert’. In addition to his suspicions, the US State Department believes that China has been partaking in covert biological warfare operations as well. Though China is denying any rumors of involvement.

The State Department issued a report in 2019 stating that “Information indicates that the People’s Republic of China engaged during the reporting period in biological activities with potential dual-use applications, which raises concerns regarding its compliance with the BWC,” the report said, adding that the United States suspects China failed to eliminate its biological warfare program as required by the treaty. The United States has compliance concerns with respect to Chinese military medical institutions’ toxin research and development because of the potential dual-use applications and their potential as a biological threat.”

Thus far, the virus has killed at least 41 people with that number likely to rise and has spread to nine other countries, including the United States. The first report in the US came from Washington State.

January 25th, 2020|News

https://beholdisrael.org/israeli-bi...irus-to-covert-biological-warfare-laboratory/

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
The problem lies in the fact that river waterways are still cesspools, animals are alive and roaming inside markets, slaughtered afterwards. Sanitation is dramatically lacking throughout the many provinces . Smart people but when government controls everything that is what happens. We ‘ll see what transpires next but this will likely continue to be the norm in countries like China , Africa, India at least until they decide to clean up the sanitary issues. Travel around the world and you will see why it’s not about what we do but what their leaders choose to do.
Better jump on those GG shots.

You must be old as shit RUNVA.... gamma globulin shots? ... thought they went out with the Edsel back in the 50’s... for those that don’t think this can get worse better understand the next great extinction won’t be from another ice age or global warming ( more created bullshit) it will be from one or more viruses which are being tested by countries like N.Korea , China or perhaps Russia...nature has a way of thinning the herd...Peace Out.

I lived in China for two months this year for work, none of what you say is true. In the cities in China, most people have never actually seen an animal except in a zoo (I’m serious, they don’t seem to have chipmunks or squirrels there).
At least in the big cities, it is an entirely modern society in all ways. If sanitation is lacking, I never noticed it.

Not here to debate you about what you saw in 2 months ... do you think you are the only one to have spent time in China for work or school... did you spend time in some of the more remote outlying provinces ? I sincerely doubt you were anywhere near the Wuhan area and guaranteed your business was conducted in a more modern city of which there are many... overall China is a major polluter of rivers and air... agriculture and the food industry still is much to be desired....China in 50 years should be up to the USA and Europe... unless a mass extinction occurs due to disease changes the course of history... Elmira Express do you know why they don’t or see animals like squirrels or chipmunks ? ... the Chinese government has literally destroyed major animal habitats due to massive construction projects...roads, rail lines, industrial towns where you live for most of your life based upon the whim of politicians... China is NOT environmentally concerned...

Everything is compounded by the fact that this is Tet and it's the busiest travel time over. Had two confirmed cases of the virus here in HCMC already.
Best of luck Nuts. Thoughts and prayers for you and your friends. It'll all work out.

I am doing a lot of stuff in the ME. Since everyone feels that Chinese Gov would do in their own, here is something from Israel.

Israeli Biological Warfare Expert Connects China’s Wuhan Virus to Covert Biological Warfare Laboratory
An Israeli biological warfare expert is linking China’s deadly Wuhan virus to China’s ‘covert biological warfare’ laboratory(s); It’s believed that the Wuhan Institute of Virology is where the disease may have originated.

An Israeli biological warfare expert by the name of Dany Shoham, who is now with the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies at Bar Ilan University in Israel, believes that the deadly Wuhan virus is likely connected to one of China’s covert biological warfare laboratories; in this case, the Wuhan Institute of Virology. While there is a lot of speculation at this point, there are several truths that validate his concern. Shoham stated, “Certain laboratories in the institute have probably been engaged, in terms of research and development, in Chinese biological weapons, at least collaterally, yet not as a principal facility of the Chinese BW alignment.”

Dany Shoham was a lieutenant colonel and a senior analyst with the Israeli Military Intelligence for biological and chemical warfare, and he unquestionably states that biological tests that are run in these laboratories are ‘covert’. In addition to his suspicions, the US State Department believes that China has been partaking in covert biological warfare operations as well. Though China is denying any rumors of involvement.

The State Department issued a report in 2019 stating that “Information indicates that the People’s Republic of China engaged during the reporting period in biological activities with potential dual-use applications, which raises concerns regarding its compliance with the BWC,” the report said, adding that the United States suspects China failed to eliminate its biological warfare program as required by the treaty. The United States has compliance concerns with respect to Chinese military medical institutions’ toxin research and development because of the potential dual-use applications and their potential as a biological threat.”

Thus far, the virus has killed at least 41 people with that number likely to rise and has spread to nine other countries, including the United States. The first report in the US came from Washington State.

January 25th, 2020|News

https://beholdisrael.org/israeli-bi...irus-to-covert-biological-warfare-laboratory/

Bro - you don't have to go to China to find a virus escaping a bio research facility.

Google Plum Island - Lyme disease - they did tests on the deer population of the island on the LI Sound - Lyme, CT is right across the LI Sound a few miles. The researchers said oh those deer never swim across the Sound...oops.

Deer are good swimmers and how many people have suffered from Lyme's disease and it can kill you. Have the Fed/s ever acknowledged Lyme's - nope.

Peace out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plum_Island_Animal_Disease_Center

Pentagon May Have Released Weaponized Ticks That Helped Spread of Lyme Disease: Investigation Ordered

https://www.newsweek.com/pentagon-weaponized-ticks-lyme-disease-investigation-1449737

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Oh, good, BabyBull and his cat have joined us.

KDfwLO5.jpg

Bro - you don't have to go to China to find a virus escaping a bio research facility.

Google Plum Island - Lyme disease - they did tests on the deer population of the island on the LI Sound - Lyme, CT is right across the LI Sound a few miles. The researchers said oh those deer never swim across the Sound...oops.

Deer are good swimmers and how many people have suffered from Lyme's disease and it can kill you. Have the Fed/s ever acknowledged Lyme's - nope.

Peace out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plum_Island_Animal_Disease_Center

Pentagon May Have Released Weaponized Ticks That Helped Spread of Lyme Disease: Investigation Ordered

https://www.newsweek.com/pentagon-weaponized-ticks-lyme-disease-investigation-1449737

If you read the article, it's largely dismissive of this wacky theory. Also, the bacterium responsible for Lyme has been around for centuries and probably far longer. And lastly, how effective would a Lyme "weapon" be - "ok, we gotta get the enemy to all go in the woods and wait to be bitten by ticks - and then we'll overwhelm them when some of them get flu-like symptoms." Please.

Guys my buddy Randy “Honkus” Stockstill AND his family (including their 6-month old son) are currently stuck in Wuhan, China.

There is a state department plane headed there to bring US Citizens back BUT they could use ANY AND ALL help (if possible) to get on the plane!! Please follow this link for additional info as to whom to tweet at or contact AND IF you have direct White House contacts PLEASE follow up with them if you can!!

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant...-honkus-stuck-just-outside-of-wuhan/88243553/

Thanks!

NUTS

NUTS - I understand the concern, but odds are very high they'll be fine where they are, especially if they practice good hygiene and stay away from crowds and those crazy markets filled with wild animals. This is very unlikely to become some wild pandemic. Here's what I said in the CE thread.

This does not appear to be as bad as the SARS coronavirus which is deadly in ~10% of cases (vs. a preliminary estimate of 3% for this new virus) and, so far, is definitely not as bad as ordinary influenza virus with regard to deaths. Doesn't mean we shouldn't take it seriously, but it also doesn't mean we should be planning for the end of days and passing around nutty conspiracy theories. The Chinese jumped on sequencing the RNA code of the virus very quickly and have been openly sharing key data with everyone and the virus is already better understood in a shorter time than SARS was given the rapid response and better technology. Pretty sure it didn't come out of some super secret lab.

Based on protein code analysis of both the SARS coronavirus and this new coronavirus, both originated in bats, but the SARS virus then "jumped" (mutated/transmitted) to humans via civets and camels, whereas the thinking now is that this new virus jumped via snakes as the intermediate host, which is very unusual, as snakes are cold-blooded. But certainly the Chinese practice of having markets featuring all kinds of wild animals makes for a higher likelihood of having these kinds of viruses jumping to humans, via zoonotic transmission, meaning the first patients who were infected acquired these viruses directly from animals, which was possible because while in the animal host, the virus had acquired a series of genetic mutations that allowed it to infect and multiply inside humans.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/01/24/should-we-be-worried-about-the-new-wuhan-coronavirus/

https://www.sciencealert.com/snakes-are-the-likely-source-of-china-s-deadly-coronavirus-here-s-why

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT