ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Aggies to the B1G ?

Those are all good points, but again, money is what drives things, not only on w athletics, but on the academic, research & hospital sides respectively as well

Don't know how this will all play out but some of my thoughts/logic in this matter.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

My bad, no, I didn’t double check. I posted it as I was drinking some coffee this morning and clearly did not have enough caffeine before hitting send.

Second, I’ll talk to you buddy who is a big A&M fan before I posted it and he confirmed that there have been rumblings in College Station about this, it’s someone I trust so it’s not without merit

Congratulations, you went to games for 25 years, saw a lot of bad football and then stop coming for some odd reason

That doesn’t make you a good fan, it makes you an idiot we are finally on the rise and an overcast day permitted you from attending homecoming (yet, for some inexplicable reason, you tracked out to the Bronx a day before New Year’s to see trounce a subpar Miami team in a baseball stadium)

Just when I think I’ve seen the pinnacle of your absurdity, you never cease to amaze me, or this board
Your the idiot. I said 40 years not 25. What the hell is wrong with you today? I already saw the the big climb from the bottom after futility for so long. I guess you missed it. Not only was 2006 a great season but the wife and I knew it would be a good year after 2005 and we planned to add every away game except WVU (we both were there before). Magical season.
I never said I was going to the Bronx. Had a small group watch party in Philadelphia at my friend's bar. I said years ago I'd never go back there to watch a game. Horrible sight lines. Your offer to meet up for a beer never changed my mind. Silly as the offer was. The absurdity is a FSU fan pretending to be a Rutgers fan and telling Rutgers fan what to do. Again get back to me after 40 years of your dedication to Rutgers. Maybe next year will be your first.
I stopped coming because I enjoy doing other things before and after the game. You can watch every game from everywhere. No need to be in Piscataway anymore. I guess you don't have a TV.

Your the idiot. I said 40 years not 25. What the hell is wrong with you today? I already saw the the big climb from the bottom after futility for so long. I guess you missed it. Not only was 2006 a great season but the wife and I knew it would be a good year after 2005 and we planned to add every away game except WVU (we both were there before). Magical season.
I never said I was going to the Bronx. Had a small group watch party in Philadelphia at my friend's bar. I said years ago I'd never go back there to watch a game. Horrible sight lines. Your offer to meet up for a beer never changed my mind. Silly as the offer was. The absurdity is a FSU fan pretending to be a Rutgers fan and telling Rutgers fan what to do. Again get back to me after 40 years of your dedication to Rutgers. Maybe next year will be your first.
I stopped coming because I enjoy doing other things before and after the game. You can watch every game from everywhere. No need to be in Piscataway anymore. I guess you don't have a TV.
Long
Winded
Ramble

Congrats, you enjoy not attending games anymore.

Apparently, rabid message board posting and bike riding take precedence

Long
Winded
Ramble

Congrats, you enjoy not attending games anymore.

Apparently, rabid message board posting and bike riding take precedence
Long winded? You can't anything right. First you post something about the Aggies, then post a crap link that has something to do with Penix. As an FSU fan you say I know nothing about Rutgers. You are pretty dense. But being stupid is common for FSU fans. I find it so funny that an FSU fan is telling die hard Rutgers fans what to do.

Long winded? You can't anything right. First you post something about the Aggies, then post a crap link that has something to do with Penix. As an FSU fan you say I know nothing about Rutgers. You are pretty dense. But being stupid is common for FSU fans. I find it so funny that an FSU fan is telling die hard Rutgers fans what to do.
I can’t wait until we’re conference mates
Secretly, you know it’s coming soon

I can’t wait until we’re conference mates
Secretly, you know it’s coming soon
Best thing if that happens you can finally admit to everyone else your are not a Rutgers fan because you and I already know that!

I have seen nothing to believe there is validity to this rumor but there some valid reasons why this would make sense for the aggies. They left the Big 12 to get out from underneath UTs shadow but now they are back.
Imagine how sick it would be is FSU and A&M both joined the Big 10?

Because Texas is not a good conference partner would be my guess
Agree and one reason Nebraska left the Big 12 was the way Texas was after they joined when the SWC went into dinosaur mode then the B-12 added Texas, TAM , Texas Tech and Baylor.
TAM eventually left the Vitamin conference for the SEC getting away from Texas was one of the factors and it's been rumored they asked the SEC to never invite Texas after they became SEC members.
So with those things in mind, I'm sure the Texas way will not make most of the SEC schools vote them most popular conference member once Texas the Longhorns start doing it's what's best for Texas but not so good for the rest of conference act.

• Haha
Reactions: RUTGERS95
Pay attention, and you’ll see that people typically don’t follow college athletics on his board, the majority of more concerned with OT posts focusing on anything but that very topic
You're a little loopy today. This board has a very knowledgeable base and many have the finances to travel and do. I don't consider myself a college football traveler but have been to LSU, Ole Miss, BC, Mich and PSU that I can remember off hand, and was in our stadium when Texas and ND came in. I would guess most on this board have been to more places than me.

You're a little loopy today. This board has a very knowledgeable base and many have the finances to travel and do. I don't consider myself a college football traveler but have been to LSU, Ole Miss, BC, Mich and PSU that I can remember off hand, and was in our stadium when Texas and ND came in. I would guess most on this board have been to more places than me.
He is loopy all the time but his OP post with a link to a completely different topic warned us all that this was worse than in the past.

Best thing if that happens you can finally admit to everyone else your are not a Rutgers fan because you and I already know that!
yep - you got me
Not a fan at all

Don’t have season tix
Despise NIL
Don’t even go to games

Wait a minute… that sounds like you!!!

Congrats
Most on this board post and don’t donate, nor attend games
You’re one of the few that do

He is loopy all the time but his OP post with a link to a completely different topic warned us all that this was worse than in the past.
Bus you’re shot man
Old, angry and bitter

Doesn’t attend games but posts on a message board nonstop

Congrats - although it was never a doubt in the past, I now officially aspire to never be like you when I get to be your decrepit old age

yep - you got me
Not a fan at all

Don’t have season tix
Despise NIL
Don’t even go to games

Wait a minute… that sounds like you!!!
Actually I have a season ticket with a group we started in 1983. The original 4 of us still buy tickets. The group was up to 50 before the Flood and Ash years. Back up to 8 tickets these days. Lots of 2nd and 3rd generation kids use our unused tickets.
I go to games just not every game.
I despise the NIL and the portal combined.
Damn you are really having a tough day. O-3. You can't remember stuff so you just make it up. FSU fans are known liars so not surprised.

Every alumni of both schools (Texas and Texas A&M) wants them both in the same conference and wants them both in the SEC. This is approximately 90% of the people I interact with on a daily basis. I've never heard a single alumni of either school ever suggest they wished their school was in the Big 10. There is exactly zero percent chance of this happening.

Actually I have a season ticket with a group we started in 1983. The original 4 of us still buy tickets. The group was up to 50 before the Flood and Ash years. Back up to 8 tickets these days. Lots of 2nd and 3rd generation kids use our unused tickets.
I go to games just not every game.
I despise the NIL and the portal combined.
Damn you are really having a tough day. O-3. You can't remember stuff so you just make it up. FSU fans are known liars so not surprised.
I stand corrected then on you having season tickets, I never knew that

I just figured such an alleged Ardent fan, but not there to miss homecoming for a few sprinkles in the air

By the way, I’m still waiting for one reason that A&M will not be viable to the Big Ten

Just one single, solitary reason why you think the Aggies would not be a welcome addition to the league

I’ve been waiting on it for eight hours, now, and I still have received received an answer

Every alumni of both schools (Texas and Texas A&M) wants them both in the same conference and wants them both in the SEC. This is approximately 90% of the people I interact with on a daily basis. I've never heard a single alumni of either school ever suggest they wished their school was in the Big 10. There is exactly zero percent chance of this happening.
Clearly, you don’t know many alumni, or talking to the right people, because the people I talk to who are A&M fans, despise texas and wish they would die in a fire

Hell, they’re talking about selling off Bevos horns and their fight song

Further, the Aggies were furious with the SEC when Texas entered, it’s been well documented

The in-state politics, getting out from underneath UT’s thumb and topped off by the little brother syndrome is Something you, I, and the rest of us cannot fully comprehend.

Worked in Ft Worth. Aggies hate longhorns. No other team comes close to that hatred.
Anything is possible but cannot see the Big Ten taking the Aggies. There have to be 5 other programs they would rather have: Carolina, Notre Dame, Virginia, Florida, Georgia Tech. But agree nothing is impossible in this crazy realignment world

Worked in Ft Worth. Aggies hate longhorns. No other team comes close to that hatred.
Anything is possible but cannot see the Big Ten taking the Aggies. There have to be 5 other programs they would rather have: Carolina, Notre Dame, Virginia, Florida, Georgia Tech. But agree nothing is impossible in this crazy realignment world
The hatred cannot be underestimated

To your point, it doesn’t mean that the big 10 will take them, but also to your point, nothing in this crazy world of realignment is out of the realm of possibility

I stand corrected then on you having season tickets, I never knew that

I just figured such an alleged Ardent fan, but not there to miss homecoming for a few sprinkles in the air

By the way, I’m still waiting for one reason that A&M will not be viable to the Big Ten

Just one single, solitary reason why you think the Aggies would not be a welcome addition to the league

I’ve been waiting on it for eight hours, now, and I still have received received an answer
I'm still waiting on you "smoke" link. Your OP still has the Penix link. Eight hours later you still don't understand I never said it couldn't happen. Why are you asking like I did. You need to go to bed, you are way off your game.
BTW I didn't go because of a sprinkles. I was going to an event then the game. Once it was apparent that less then 1/2 the gang was either coming later or not coming at all, I stayed home, rode 38 miles with 3,153 feet of elevation and was done over an hour before kick off. Didn't miss a play! What's your lame excuse for not going to every game??

I'm still waiting on you "smoke" link. Your OP still has the Penix link. Eight hours later you still don't understand I never said it couldn't happen. Why are you asking like I did. You need to go to bed, you are way off your game.
BTW I didn't go because of a sprinkles. I was going to an event then the game. Once it was apparent that less then 1/2 the gang was either coming later or not coming at all, I stayed home, rode 38 miles with 3,153 feet of elevation and was done over an hour before kick off. Didn't miss a play! What's your lame excuse for not going to every game??
Link below

Re missing games - So you’d rather ride a bike than attend football games??

And I’m supposed to take anything you say seriously?

Come on bus, even Advanced age you have to admit that you’re getting Charmin soft

My excuse for not attending every home game is I fly down Tallahasee multiple times per year to attend FSU games

Between Rutgers and Florida State, I will typically will attend anywhere between 8 to 10 games per year, not including both bowl games I went to this year

I also attend basketball for both, Rutgers wrestling, have lacrosse season tickets, and even ventured out today to hit both the women’s lacrosse game and the women’s basketball game against Northwestern (and saw my buddy Big East Phil at the bball game)

It’s OK that you’re not a big fan anymore, people develop other interest as they get older. Admitting it though is half the battle.

I have seen nothing to believe there is validity to this rumor but there some valid reasons why this would make sense for the aggies. They left the Big 12 to get out from underneath UTs shadow but now they are back.
Imagine how sick it would be is FSU and A&M both joined the Big 10?
bingo
This is it in a nutshell

Meanwhile you have the usual culprits come in and shit on every possible realignment rumor even if it makes complete sense, because most of them do not follow college football or have any idea what the hell is going on

I’ll say it once, if half the people that posted on this board that posted feverishly, actually went out into other parts of the country and attended games and interacted with other fans, they would have a lot better idea of what’s going on

Sometimes I forget this is a college football message board masquerading as an off-topic board , and not the other way around

Link below

Re missing games - So you’d rather ride a bike than attend football games??

And I’m supposed to take anything you say seriously?

Come on bus, even Advanced age you have to admit that you’re getting Charmin soft

My excuse for not attending every home game is I fly down Tallahasee multiple times per year to attend FSU games

Between Rutgers and Florida State, I will typically will attend anywhere between 8 to 10 games per year, not including both bowl games I went to this year

I also attend basketball for both, Rutgers wrestling, have lacrosse season tickets, and even ventured out today to hit both the women’s lacrosse game and the women’s basketball game against Northwestern (and saw my buddy Big East Phil at the bball game)

It’s OK that you’re not a big fan anymore, people develop other interest as they get older. Admitting it though is half the battle.
Just 8-10 games? And you are calling me out. What a loser. You're missing games for two teams.
Again get to 40 years of going to every home game. Let me know when you go to one teams every home game. Until then you aren't even that great of an FSU fan.

Just 8-10 games? And you are calling me out. What a loser. You're missing games for two teams.
Again get to 40 years of going to every home game. Let me know when you go to one teams every home game. Until then you aren't even that great of an FSU fan.
Yeah man, because flying to Tallahassee is super easy

I missed two FSU games this year and three Rutgers games

Meanwhile, we haven’t been a bowl gaming ****ing 10 years and you sat on your ass instead of getting up and getting to the ****ing Bronx, and you called me a fake fan?

Your soft bus, you come on here and pop shit and then cry like a little bitch when somebody calls you out

You’ve been doing it for years and it’s become the same bullshit over and over and over, but now that you’re too lazy and decrepit to actually go to games, you don’t have have a leg to stand on

Back on topic, for the sixth time, please let me know One reason why A&M going to the big 10 is not feasible?

Just one
Not two, not three, not six, just one reason why it’s not feasible for them to go to the Big Ten?

This is what I saw about, you came on here blabbering as usual that I have no idea what I’m talking about yet when I present multiple while it is feasible, you cannot come up with one why it’s not

I don’t mind the back-and-forth, but there’s zero substance to anything you say, ever

I’m going to give you the last shots tonight and not respond, to give one final reason why the Aggies not going to the Big Ten is not realistic

The mic’s yours, grandpa

Yeah man, because flying to Tallahassee is super easy

I missed two FSU games this year and three Rutgers games

Meanwhile, we haven’t been a bowl gaming ****ing 10 years and you sat on your ass instead of getting up and getting to the ****ing Bronx, and you called me a fake fan?

Your soft bus, you come on here and pop shit and then cry like a little bitch when somebody calls you out

You’ve been doing it for years and it’s become the same bullshit over and over and over, but now that you’re too lazy and decrepit to actually go to games, you don’t have have a leg to stand on

Back on topic, for the sixth time, please let me know One reason why A&M going to the big 10 is not feasible?

Just one
Not two, not three, not six, just one reason why it’s not feasible for them to go to the Big Ten?

This is what I saw about, you came on here blabbering as usual that I have no idea what I’m talking about yet when I present multiple while it is feasible, you cannot come up with one why it’s not

I don’t mind the back-and-forth, but there’s zero substance to anything you say, ever

I’m going to give you the last shots tonight and not respond, to give one final reason why the Aggies not going to the Big Ten is not realistic

The mic’s yours, grandpa
So now YOU have excuses. Talking about have no substance. You go after people left and right and call people out for things you don't even do. What a total phoney you are. FSU loser.
You came on here with zero substance. And I pointed it out. It took you hours after I pointed your link wasn't about the topic multiple times. And it still took you 10 fing hours to fix it. Look in the mirror for the grandpa because today you've been acting like you have short term memory.
And for the 10th time I never said it couldn't happen. Wow you are brain dead today!!
Show me my post that said it couldn't happen. I see you are confusing me with another poster on this thread. You are a complete mess today!

Last edited:
Clearly, you don’t know many alumni, or talking to the right people, because the people I talk to who are A&M fans, despise texas and wish they would die in a fire
.... and I hate Penn State. But that doesn't mean I want them in a different conference.

The in-state politics, getting out from underneath UT’s thumb and topped off by the little brother syndrome is Something you, I, and the rest of us cannot fully comprehend.

I have two nieces and one nephew that have graduated from A&M in the last four years. All three live less than two miles from my house and I see them a couple times a week. I've got some idea of the pulse of the alumni base. They want to play Univ of Texas every year, just like Rutgers fans want to play Penn State and Syracuse every year.

It's about $$
Nebraska got AAU pulled - nobody is busting their balls to get it back
Sparty? Not exactly Harvard
It's $$ and everything else is secondary
Nebraska and Oregon should quell any illusion this is about academics as much as it is money.

I’ve said it time and time again I have no idea why the leadership there did not push for a Big Ten membership, and vice versa why the Big Ten did not pursue them
I agree with almost everything you’ve said and A&M’s hatred and resentment of Texas is indeed real. The only thing I can think of regarding the B1G and Texas is that schools seem to leave conferences that include Texas very often and having spent some time in Austin, I can see why. Nebraska, A&M, and Arkansas (in the SWC) all have had issues with Texas. Texas thinks they are above everyone else and try to impose their own rules. They are the non-denominational version of Notre Dame and many don’t want to deal with all the nonsense.

Still, just like with ND, money talks, and I am also surprised Texas isn’t in the B1G.

.... and I hate Penn State. But that doesn't mean I want them in a different conference.

I have two nieces and one nephew that have graduated from A&M in the last four years. All three live less than two miles from my house and I see them a couple times a week. I've got some idea of the pulse of the alumni base. They want to play Univ of Texas every year, just like Rutgers fans want to play Penn State and Syracuse every year.
They absolutely want to play a them every year, that’s a given to anyone who follows the game - but that doesn’t mean they want to be in the same conference, especially given how the SEC did the Aggies dirty

I agree with almost everything you’ve said and A&M’s hatred and resentment of Texas is indeed real. The only thing I can think of regarding the B1G and Texas is that schools seem to leave conferences that include Texas very often and having spent some time in Austin, I can see why. Nebraska, A&M, and Arkansas (in the SWC) all have had issues with Texas. Texas thinks they are above everyone else and try to impose their own rules. They are the non-denominational version of Notre Dame and many don’t want to deal with all the nonsense.

Still, just like with ND, money talks, and I am also surprised Texas isn’t in the B1G.
I definitely like the cost trouble and noted for doing so, I just think they’re upside would be too big for the Big Ten to say no if they wanted in

Reactions: Mr Magoo
They absolutely want to play a them every year, that’s a given to anyone who follows the game - but that doesn’t mean they want to be in the same conference ...
... except they do. A&M fans wanted their old blue blood rivals in the same conference (SEC) - Univ of Texas and Oklahoma. Surprisingly, they couldn't care less about Baylor, but that's because they were terrible for so long. They consider Univ of Houston and SMU to be more of a rival than Baylor. Kansas is a blue blood in basketball, but nobody (in Texas) cares about basketball. Nebraska and Colorado are two teams A&M fans consider old school rivals, but not anywhere near Univ of Texas and Oklahoma.

Last edited:
... except they do. A&M fans wanted their old blue blood rivals in the same conference (SEC) - Univ of Texas and Oklahoma. Surprisingly, they couldn't care less about Baylor, but that's because they were terrible for so long. They consider Univ of Houston and SMU to be more of a rival than Baylor. Kansas is a blue blood in basketball, but nobody (in Texas) cares about basketball. Nebraska and Colorado are two teams A&M fans consider old school rivals, but not anywhere near Univ of Texas and Oklahoma.
That’s not what I’ve heard

Part of the reason they went to the SEC was to get away from Texas

They were also furious when the SEC out of Texas is behind their backs

While we agree that they want to play every year, we will disagree that they want them in the same conference

That’s not what I’ve heard

Part of the reason they went to the SEC was to get away from Texas

They were also furious when the SEC out of Texas is behind their backs

While we agree that they want to play every year, we will disagree that they want them in the same conference
Well, since we apparently decide everything in this thread by how many games a person has attended ... how many Texas A&M games have you been to lately? I've been to seven home football games in the last three years. I live about 30 or 40 miles from the campus. And I'm telling you the fanbase hates Texas and still wants them to be in the same conference - just like Rutgers fans feel about Penn State.

Well, since we apparently decide everything in this thread by how many games a person has attended ... how many Texas A&M games have you been to lately? I've been to seven home football games in the last three years. I live about 30 or 40 miles from the campus. And I'm telling you the fanbase hates Texas and still wants them to be in the same conference - just like Rutgers fans feel about Penn State.
My issue with Bus is not an issue I have with you; we can certainly make it an issue if you’d like, but it’s a separate situation with him

Again, from everything I’ve heard, the Ags do not want to be in the same conference as Texas, and were furious when the SEC pulled that shit behind their back

Why would they leave for the SEC if they wanted to be in the same conference as the horns?

There are as little brother to Texas as Auburn is Alabama, and anything they can do to get out from under their thumb, they’d be crazy not to do that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT