ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Aggies to the B1G ?

Seems possible. I mean they left the Big 12 to get away from Texas. They seemed p o'd when the UT/OK rumors originally surfaced.

Edit: Found the quote. "We want to be the only SEC program in the state of Texas," (A & M Athletic Director) Bjork said. "There's a reason why Texas A&M left the Big 12 -- to be standalone, to have our own identity."

Reactions: RUTGERS95
It's about $$
Nebraska got AAU pulled - nobody is busting their balls to get it back
Sparty? Not exactly Harvard
It's $$ and everything else is sec

It's about $$
Nebraska got AAU pulled - nobody is busting their balls to get it back
Sparty? Not exactly Harvard
It's $$ and everything else is secondary
BS -- and by the way Big schools have terrific academic profiles and research reputations which they cherish. You're so wrong it's laughable. If it was only $ why play D 1 sports in the first place since only a tiny few even make $ ? There's so much more to why schools play major sports -- yeah those schools exist only to play football-- man you're clueless.

The SEC and B1G have cultivated very different identities/brands. SEC=Elite football where you can get an education that prepares you for life. B1G=Elite academic institutions that have world class athletics.

Taking FSU and/or TA&M departs from taking the best academic schools in each market/state. If you are just talking dollars, this is a no brainer for the B1G. Texas and Florida have huge population bases that are passionate about football, and you add them if they are willing. If you are about elite academics first, then there are other schools you take first. Is the B1G willing to change its identity (or try to make the case that FSU and TA&M are consistent with its current brand)?

• Haha
Reactions: PSU_Nut
The SEC and B1G have cultivated very different identities/brands. SEC=Elite football where you can get an education that prepares you for life. B1G=Elite academic institutions that have world class athletics.

Taking FSU and/or TA&M departs from taking the best academic schools in each market/state. If you are just talking dollars, this is a no brainer for the B1G. Texas and Florida have huge population bases that are passionate about football, and you add them if they are willing. If you are about elite academics first, then there are other schools you take first. Is the B1G willing to change its identity (or try to make the case that FSU and TA&M are consistent with its current brand)?
We want them to pass and aim for the UNC types. Better for Rutgers because that’s the mold RU fits best.

Reactions: fsg2
Below is the top 40 from US News and World Report. If you are looking to cultivate the elite academic reputation of the BIG, a list similar to this is where you start. Those interested in academics first, will advocate for approaching ND, Texas, and Florida behind the scenes. If they say no, then we move to 20 and stop. This is the reason why UNC and UVA keep being mentioned. The conference might decide to go with FSU or TA&M, but some good football programs are on the list below, and they will also get consideration.

By the way, it's a damn impressive list and it's awesome to see us on it!!!

Princeton University (1)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2)
Harvard University (3)
Stanford University (4)
Yale University (5)
University of Pennsylvania (6)
California Institute of Technology (7)
Duke University (7)
Brown University (9)
Johns Hopkins University (9)
Northwestern University (9)
Columbia University (12)
Cornell University (12)
University of Chicago (12)
University of California Berkeley (15)
University of California Los Angeles (15)
Rice University (17)
Dartmouth College (18)
Vanderbilt University (18)
University of Notre Dame (20)
University of Michigan (21)
Georgetown University (22)
University of North Carolina (22)
Carnegie Mellon University (24)
Emory University (24)
University of Virginia (24)
Washington University in St. Louis(24)
University of California, Davis (28)
University of California, San Diego (28)
University of Florida (28)
University of Southern California (28)
University of Texas (32)
Georgia Institute of Technology (33)
University of California, Irvine (33)
New York University (35)
University of California, Santa Barbara (35)
University of Illinois (35)
University of Wisconsin (35)
Boston College (39)
Rutgers University (40)
Tufts University (40)
University of Washington (40)

No. This isn't about FSU but still a repetitive thread
BTW the link you posted has nothing about this. Their last post Jan 2nd.
So because it was posted in January, it’s invalid?

Step outside the box for once, and realize why this might not be nearly as unfeasible as you think.

BS -- and by the way Big schools have terrific academic profiles and research reputations which they cherish. You're so wrong it's laughable. If it was only $ why play D 1 sports in the first place since only a tiny few even make $ ? There's so much more to why schools play major sports -- yeah those schools exist only to play football-- man you're clueless.
Of course, academics matter, but so, do strong athletics, they go hand-in-hand

You have no earthly idea if this will come to fruition or not, and ignoring all the reasons why it’s actually very plausible that it eventually will

I honestly wonder if some of you guys actually pay attention to college football outside of Piscataway

I know it sounds crazy, but money is the driving force behind nearly all these decisions

For the love of God, pay attention to what is going on around college football and get a freaking clue

Reactions: Plum Street

This guy gets it
If it’s just about research, go into the SEC and simply poach Florida and Texas

I’m sure they’d come with no questions asked, right?

So because it was posted in January, it’s invalid?

Step outside the box for once, and realize why this might not be nearly as unfeasible as you think.
I like living in the reality. Living your life by rumors on the Internet isn't a smart way to go.

Seems possible. I mean they left the Big 12 to get away from Texas. They seemed p o'd when the UT/OK rumors originally surfaced.

Edit: Found the quote. "We want to be the only SEC program in the state of Texas," (A & M Athletic Director) Bjork said. "There's a reason why Texas A&M left the Big 12 -- to be standalone, to have our own identity."
You’ve got to understand that most people on this board have never left Middlesex county, let alone have been anywhere other than Piscataway for any major sporting event collegiate wise

L most you do not understand the level of importance. It is for in-state schools to get away from other in-state schools, specifically A&M in regard to Texas.

I follow college football religiously and can’t even begin to tell you how true this is, nor do I fully understand being that I don’t live down there and I’m not involved with both programs

I see it firsthand with FSU in Florida, unless you are involved with a school who has a monster in state rival, you simply cannot comprehend it

Additionally, I would ask WPK For his input, but ever since Jimbo shit the bed and A&M has gone back to continuously sucking, he has been nowhere to be found

Last edited:
I like living in the reality. Living your life by rumors on the Internet isn't a smart way to go.
You certainly don’t like using common sense, or are very knowledgeable about college football on a whole

Tell me why A&M coming to the Big Ten would not be considered a reality?

On this gorgeous Sunday afternoon, please enlighten me with your infinite wisdom on the subject

AAU Universities:

B1G: 17 AAU members
SEC: 5 AAU members

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
I don’t think anyone’s arguing that the big ten is certainly more academic focused than the SEC

But the big 10 would not blink if schools that fit their focus and goals, and could bring in additional markets, recruiting and revenue for athletics are available weren’t AAU

It’s preferred, but not mandatory

You certainly don’t like using common sense, or are very knowledgeable about college football on a whole

Tell me why A&M coming to the Big Ten would not be considered a reality?

On this gorgeous Sunday afternoon, please enlighten me with your infinite wisdom on the subject
You rather have rumors. You can't handle reality. Go play on the Internet.

You rather have rumors. You can't handle reality. Go play on the Internet.
I know you’re college fandom & knowledge is subpar at best, and you miss games (Homecoming!!) for rumors of light rain, but if we’re going to engage on a thread, at least put your heart into it

Again, please tell me why this is not feasible

What about it does not make sense?
Why would this not be a possibility?

I don’t think anyone’s arguing that the big ten is certainly more academic focused than the SEC

But the big 10 would not blink if schools that fit their focus and goals, and could bring in additional markets, recruiting and revenue for athletics are available weren’t AAU

It’s preferred, but not mandatory

The more Football Schools that go to the B1G (FSU and Texas A&M-don't think either will come) the harder it will be for the newbies (USC, UCLA, Washington and Oregon) and the traditional powers (Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State) to be the big dogs (someone has to lose). However, I would like for FSU and Texas A&M join. Nebraska thought they were a football power until they joined the B1G. Now not so much.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!!

Reactions: dmurph24
The more Football Schools that go to the B1G (FSU and Texas A&M-don't think either will come) the harder it will be for the newbies (USC, UCLA, Washington and Oregon) and the traditional powers (Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State) to be the big dogs (someone has to lose). However, I would like for FSU and Texas A&M join. Nebraska thought they were a football power until they joined the B1G. Now not so much.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!!
Those are all good points, but again, money is what drives things, not only on w athletics, but on the academic, research & hospital sides respectively as well

You’ve got to understand that most people on this board have never left Middlesex county, let alone have been anywhere other than Piscataway for any major sporting event collegiate wise

L most you do not understand the level of importance. It is for in-state schools to get away from other in-state schools, specifically A&M in regard to Texas.

I follow college football religiously and can’t even begin to tell you how true this is, nor do I fully understand being that I don’t live down there and I’m not involved with both programs

I see it firsthand with FSU in Florida, unless you are involved with a school who has a monster in state rival, you simply cannot comprehend it

Additionally, I would ask WPK For his input, but ever since Jimbo shit the bed and A&M has gone back to continuously sucking, he has been nowhere to be found
Most have never left Middlesex ?? Absolute nonesense and an ignorant statement/ logic.

Of course, academics matter, but so, do strong athletics, they go hand-in-hand

You have no earthly idea if this will come to fruition or not, and ignoring all the reasons why it’s actually very plausible that it eventually will

I honestly wonder if some of you guys actually pay attention to college football outside of Piscataway

I know it sounds crazy, but money is the driving force behind nearly all these decisions

For the love of God, pay attention to what is going on around college football and get a freaking clue
I wouldn’t think so. But money talks and BS walks. Plus the longhorns suck as a conference partner historically and the Aggies might want to move away.

What a power move this would be ; poaching an SEC school! Would the sec poach Rutgers to get even ??

I know you’re college fandom & knowledge is subpar at best, and you miss games (Homecoming!!) for rumors of light rain, but if we’re going to engage on a thread, at least put your heart into it

Again, please tell me why this is not feasible

What about it does not make sense?
Why would this not be a possibility?
First off my issue isn't with the feasibility. Your first post you said there was a lot of "smoke" about this. Second, the link you posted to back your claim has nothing to do with the Aggies. It's about Pinex snub for the Heisman. Did you even read what you linked?
Third. Subpar??🤣🤣🤣 Call me after 40 years of attending Rutgers games rookie. You know shit.

Reactions: motorb54
After visiting Austin last month, I wish Texas was in the B1G. What a town.
Well according to many who live there calling 911 gets you nowhere-- one mother after a car accident with bleeding kids had to call Uber. It used to be a great town and I've been there often but things have changed if you live there.

Most have never left Middlesex ?? Absolute nonesense and an ignorant statement/ logic.
Pay attention, and you’ll see that people typically don’t follow college athletics on his board, the majority of more concerned with OT posts focusing on anything but that very topic

I wouldn’t think so. But money talks and BS walks. Plus the longhorns suck as a conference partner historically and the Aggies might want to move away.

What a power move this would be ; poaching an SEC school! Would the sec poach Rutgers to get even ??
Doubtful Rutgers would leave for the CEC the point taken

Also, I can’t stress enough the in-state politics between A&M and the horns, it is something that none of us can fully grasp unless you live there or I’ve been a part of it

First off my issue isn't with the feasibility. Your first post you said there was a lot of "smoke" about this. Second, the link you posted to back your claim has nothing to do with the Aggies. It's about Pinex snub for the Heisman. Did you even read what you linked?
Third. Subpar??🤣🤣🤣 Call me after 40 years of attending Rutgers games rookie. You know shit.
My bad, no, I didn’t double check. I posted it as I was drinking some coffee this morning and clearly did not have enough caffeine before hitting send.

Second, I’ll talk to you buddy who is a big A&M fan before I posted it and he confirmed that there have been rumblings in College Station about this, it’s someone I trust so it’s not without merit

Congratulations, you went to games for 25 years, saw a lot of bad football and then stop coming for some odd reason

That doesn’t make you a good fan, it makes you an idiot we are finally on the rise and an overcast day permitted you from attending homecoming (yet, for some inexplicable reason, you tracked out to the Bronx a day before New Year’s to see trounce a subpar Miami team in a baseball stadium)

Just when I think I’ve seen the pinnacle of your absurdity, you never cease to amaze me, or this board

The one thing we should all know and understand at this point when it comes to conference realignment is never say never about anything !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT