ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Aggies to the B1G ?

Worked in Ft Worth. Aggies hate longhorns. No other team comes close to that hatred.
Anything is possible but cannot see the Big Ten taking the Aggies. There have to be 5 other programs they would rather have: Carolina, Notre Dame, Virginia, Florida, Georgia Tech. But agree nothing is impossible in this crazy realignment world
you think the BIG would rather than va and gt over the Aggies? jhc this board never ceases to amaze me

I'll say this again, UVA comes up from the same single source and it was a radio show discussion that morphed. BIG gets' nothing from UVA that pushes the needle, nothing. GT is almost as laughable. newsflash folks, this isn't about academics; Nebraska and Oregon kill that narrative

If the Aggies want to leave the SEC, BIG would blow down doors to get them. They have academics, money, eyeballs, market, and research. They are not Texas but they are in Texas.

FSU UNC is most realistic

Please tell that to the knuckleheads in this thread to think otherwise
well when you read some of the commentary here, you realize that in addition to be overly sensitive (re^arded if you will) it's not a very smart group

relative awareness and polynomial like equations of conference realignment is really lost here. The main bet's it and it's full of SEC graduates! lol

I figured Texas was a big enough brand that’s they’d be willing to take on the Sooners as well
nope
Texas initial talks included OK and that was a no go for the BIG and stopped any further inquiries. Texas, oddly enough, is tied at the hip with them. They are a package deal and there is not way on God's green earth that Ok would ever see a BIG patch on their unis

I understand why schools might consider the B1G over the SEC: Bigger payout, better academics, and there may be a perception that the path to a national championship is easier in the BIG.

Question: If the buyout to leave the AAC is $100 million, what will it cost to leave the SEC?

If we are going to poach an SEC school there are others I’d ask before A&M.

you think the BIG would rather than va and gt over the Aggies? jhc this board never ceases to amaze me

I'll say this again, UVA comes up from the same single source and it was a radio show discussion that morphed. BIG gets' nothing from UVA that pushes the needle, nothing. GT is almost as laughable. newsflash folks, this isn't about academics; Nebraska and Oregon kill that narrative

If the Aggies want to leave the SEC, BIG would blow down doors to get them. They have academics, money, eyeballs, market, and research. They are not Texas but they are in Texas.

FSU UNC is most realistic
You should climb back in your hole little man. Let’s see how it plays out. But you are too obtuse to connect the dots when it all plays out. Mr ready shoot whoops aim

You should climb back in your hole little man. Let’s see how it plays out. But you are too obtuse to connect the dots when it all plays out. Mr ready shoot whoops aim
nah, just stop being dumb with all of this and use your head or do some research. Do that and you won't get called out for stupid posts

I understand why schools might consider the B1G over the SEC: Bigger payout, better academics, and there may be a perception that the path to a national championship is easier in the BIG.

Question: If the buyout to leave the AAC is $100 million, what will it cost to leave the SEC?

If we are going to poach an SEC school there are others I’d ask before A&M.
B1G would target Florida first if they're going after any SEC school IMO.

Worked in Ft Worth. Aggies hate longhorns. No other team comes close to that hatred.
Anything is possible but cannot see the Big Ten taking the Aggies. There have to be 5 other programs they would rather have: Carolina, Notre Dame, Virginia, Florida, Georgia Tech. But agree nothing is impossible in this crazy realignment world
LOL B1G wanted into Texas bad, but couldn't convince the snobby school leadership to accept Oklahoma. They really regret it now since they lost that humongous opportunity. They'd take A&M in a heartbeat if they ever reached out. And if UT/OU ever had a change of heart, they'd take them in a second nowadays.

The ultimate goal for the B1G will be to get UT, UF, UNC & ND and whomever else it takes to get them because those are the 4 most valuable "franchise players" left in college football and our conference wants them all and hare the only ones with the real political and monetary backing to pull it off. Long term it will take a LOT of plotting, hence why the ongoing talk of FSU to the B1G despite not being AAU as the first string to unravel the sweater.

Don't be surprised if in 20 years you see B1G having already dismantled the ACC and taking apart the SEC as well.

FSU, GT, UNC, Duke, Miami, Stanford, Cal, Texas, Florida, A&M, Georgia, Oklahoma all will be future members of the B3G lol

and then Notre Dame will finally cave lol

LOL B1G wanted into Texas bad, but couldn't convince the snobby school leadership to accept Oklahoma. They really regret it now since they lost that humongous opportunity. They'd take A&M in a heartbeat if they ever reached out. And if UT/OU ever had a change of heart, they'd take them in a second nowadays.

The ultimate goal for the B1G will be to get UT, UF, UNC & ND and whomever else it takes to get them because those are the 4 most valuable "franchise players" left in college football and our conference wants them all and hare the only ones with the real political and monetary backing to pull it off. Long term it will take a LOT of plotting, hence why the ongoing talk of FSU to the B1G despite not being AAU as the first string to unravel the sweater.

Don't be surprised if in 20 years you see B1G having already dismantled the ACC and taking apart the SEC as well.

FSU, GT, UNC, Duke, Miami, Stanford, Cal, Texas, Florida, A&M, Georgia, Oklahoma all will be future members of the B3G lol

and then Notre Dame will finally cave lol
I think the only thing we’re all positive of is that anything can happen

College football will never be the same like it was back when we grew up in the 80s, and will either learn to accept it and move forward or will look back and wish it used to be the same and stop watching

There’s certain things that I definitely miss, and other things which are much better

Personally, I don’t think I could ever stop watching college football no matter what happened, or attending games.

Once you get involved with it on a deep level, it runs through your blood

Winning and success become contagious and addictive, and mux said in with the history, pantry and traditions, and it is nearly impossible not to get hooked for life

I think the only thing we’re all positive of is that anything can happen

College football will never be the same like it was back when we grew up in the 80s, and will either learn to accept it and move forward or will look back and wish it used to be the same and stop watching

There’s certain things that I definitely miss, and other things which are much better

Personally, I don’t think I could ever stop watching college football no matter what happened, or attending games.

Once you get involved with it on a deep level, it runs through your blood

Winning and success become contagious and addictive, and mux said in with the history, pantry and traditions, and it is nearly impossible not to get hooked for life
you can, I stopped watching the NFL with all the kneeling and bs so anything is possible but it's harder as we (fans/alum) have true connections to our institutions. I'm just glad we have a seat at the table and the trajectory is up

Reactions: Bagarocks
you can, I stopped watching the NFL with all the kneeling and bs so anything is possible but it's harder as we (fans/alum) have true connections to our institutions. I'm just glad we have a seat at the table and the trajectory is up
Yeah, I mean I would never rule anything out, but college is definitely more of an attachment than the pros

Below is the top 40 from US News and World Report. If you are looking to cultivate the elite academic reputation of the BIG, a list similar to this is where you start. Those interested in academics first, will advocate for approaching ND, Texas, and Florida behind the scenes. If they say no, then we move to 20 and stop. This is the reason why UNC and UVA keep being mentioned. The conference might decide to go with FSU or TA&M, but some good football programs are on the list below, and they will also get consideration.

By the way, it's a damn impressive list and it's awesome to see us on it!!!

Princeton University (1)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2)
Harvard University (3)
Stanford University (4)
Yale University (5)
University of Pennsylvania (6)
California Institute of Technology (7)
Duke University (7)
Brown University (9)
Johns Hopkins University (9)
Northwestern University (9)
Columbia University (12)
Cornell University (12)
University of Chicago (12)
University of California Berkeley (15)
University of California Los Angeles (15)
Rice University (17)
Dartmouth College (18)
Vanderbilt University (18)
University of Notre Dame (20)
University of Michigan (21)
Georgetown University (22)
University of North Carolina (22)
Carnegie Mellon University (24)
Emory University (24)
University of Virginia (24)
Washington University in St. Louis(24)
University of California, Davis (28)
University of California, San Diego (28)
University of Florida (28)
University of Southern California (28)
University of Texas (32)
Georgia Institute of Technology (33)
University of California, Irvine (33)
New York University (35)
University of California, Santa Barbara (35)
University of Illinois (35)
University of Wisconsin (35)
Boston College (39)
Rutgers University (40)
Tufts University (40)
University of Washington (40)
And yet the Big Ten passed on Stanford and Cal. Why? Dollars did not work.

Seems possible. I mean they left the Big 12 to get away from Texas. They seemed p o'd when the UT/OK rumors originally surfaced.

Edit: Found the quote. "We want to be the only SEC program in the state of Texas," (A & M Athletic Director) Bjork said. "There's a reason why Texas A&M left the Big 12 -- to be standalone, to have our own identity."
If they want their own identity, they should win more.

• Haha
Reactions: BLewis1968
I think it's highly unlikely A&M would leave the SEC, but, in case it wasn't clear from the discussion above, academics would not be an impediment to them joining the B1G. A&M is a member of the AAU and is tied for 47th in the US News ranking, RU is tied for 40th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT