ADVERTISEMENT

OT: B10 considered expansion before alliance

rutgersguy1

Hall of Famer
Dec 17, 2008

From the article:

“We started to talk about, should we ever add any schools to the Big Ten Conference?” Barta said. “We certainly haven't said we never will. But in short run, with all the things that would have to be included to join the conference, we didn't identify anybody as a conference that we would immediately go after that would fit.”

“Some of our Big Ten schools have games scheduled out past 2030,” Barta, who is a member of the Big Ten’s work group, told The Athletic. “That's why it was made clear that we're excited about it. We’re going to begin working on it. Contracts are going to be honored. And at Iowa, we've made it clear, we need to have seven home games."

Oh don't kill the people dreams that we become a 32 team league. People think we need to add are foolish and have no business sense. The clowns that thought we could add USC are the dumbest people on the planet

I don't think it is ever about us.

The Pac12 and ACC is falling behind.

Assuming this alliance makes them pennies.. you honestly believe Clemson, USC and Florida State among others will be ok making half the money that the SEC makes.

I think that is where a USC might come calling. And hoping the alliance works because I want 4 viable conferences at least

Reactions: Scarlet83
I don't think it is ever about us.

The Pac12 and ACC is falling behind.

Assuming this alliance makes them pennies.. you honestly believe Clemson, USC and Florida State among others will be ok making half the money that the SEC makes.

I think that is where a USC might come calling. And hoping the alliance works because I want 4 viable conferences at least
USC may come calling but its a non starter as they aren't coming alone which makes zero financial sense.

Oh don't kill the people dreams that we become a 32 team league. People think we need to add are foolish and have no business sense. The clowns that thought we could add USC are the dumbest people on the planet

How's that game on this beautiful fall night?!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT