ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bama’s D being exposed

#FakeNews

Everyone knows only those terrible Big 12 teams score 30 points in a half.

Alabama's being exposed because they've played no one up to today. When you schedule Duke(4-4) New Mexico St.(0-8), Southern Miss(5-3) and Western Carolina(FCS 2-7) OOC and have played the bottom of the SEC thus far it's tough to get exposed.

They lose this one they should be knocked out of the playoffs. Hell they lose just one game they should be knocked out. But you just know the committee will find someway to put them in.

Reactions: redking
Alabama's being exposed because they've played no one up to today. When you schedule Duke(4-4) New Mexico St.(0-8), Southern Miss(5-3) and Western Carolina(FCS 2-7) OOC and have played the bottom of the SEC thus far it's tough to get exposed.

They lose this one they should be knocked out of the playoffs. Hell they lose just one game they should be knocked out. But you just know the committee will find someway to put them in.

I never get tired of seeing Alabama in the playoff

Well they’ve held LSU scoreless so far in the 2nd half.

Game turned when the cowardly lsu HC decided not to go for it on 4th and 1 and instead did the old "draw them offsides" routine. Predictably it didn't work and Bama has been off to the races since

Enjoying watching them get stomped.. but...

HERE THEY COME

I think they turned on the.. HOLD EVERY DOWN "cheat".. use that home field advantage.

But LSU.. there's a coach who is enthusiastic.. like Fleck.. brings the FIRE...

ralphwaldoemerson1-2x.jpg

That's the game.. but that goes back to the comment about not going for it on 4th earlier... they could have won the game right there by going for it on 4th and not punting. It would have sued the same time and the punt distance did not matter. If they made the first the time on the next series would have prevented the previous score.

Now comes the pitch to make LSU number 1.. SEC RULES... and, of course, the pitch that a 1-loss Bama deserves the playoffs too... what BS. And if, say Florida or Georgia beats LSU in an SEC Championship game then 3 SEC teams "deserve" playoff spots.

I think no more than 1 team from any conference should be a rule. You want a shot at the national championship?.. win your conference.

Reactions: jeffro5
That's the game.. but that goes back to the comment about not going for it on 4th earlier... they could have won the game right there by going for it on 4th and not punting. It would have sued the same time and the punt distance did not matter. If they made the first the time on the next series would have prevented the previous score.

Now comes the pitch to make LSU number 1.. SEC RULES... and, of course, the pitch that a 1-loss Bama deserves the playoffs too... what BS.

if Bama finishes with 1 loss they deserve to be in the playoff along with OSU, Clemson and likely LSU. I think Baylors close wins and weakness of the Big 12 is a factor

They have it both ways.. 6-3 Bama-LSU meant SEC defense was much harder than anyone else.. this high scoring game means SEC offense is the best.

To me they both looked sloppy. But that could have been coaching too, because too many times players were just out of position and leaving big gaps.

It was a great game. Just as good as Gophers/PSU. Good friend is an LSU alum and big fan so I always root for them too. Condolences to @dontestred but hey this was their first home loss since Sept 2015.

Now comes the pitch to make LSU number 1.. SEC RULES... and, of course, the pitch that a 1-loss Bama deserves the playoffs too... what BS. And if, say Florida or Georgia beats LSU in an SEC Championship game then 3 SEC teams "deserve" playoff spots.

I think no more than 1 team from any conference should be a rule. You want a shot at the national championship?.. win your conference.
Strongly agree. It makes no sense if you don't win your conference.

Reactions: ManasquanMike
Excellent game. But saying Alabama was exposed is ridiculous. Two of the best teams going head to head, someone is going to lose.

I don't see how Bama makes the playoff this year. Schedule is too easy and they lost the only tough game.

I don't see how Bama makes the playoff this year. Schedule is too easy and they lost the only tough game.
Simple: OSU wins the B1G. Clemson wins the ACC championship game. LSU beats a one loss Georgia team in the SEC championship game. Alabama is the 4 seed with one loss.

Who else are you taking over them? Oklahoma? Nope. Oregon? Nope.

Simple: OSU wins the B1G. Clemson wins the ACC championship game. LSU beats a one loss Georgia team in the SEC championship game. Alabama is the 4 seed with one loss.

Who else are you taking over them? Oklahoma? Nope. Oregon? Nope.

I would take both of them over Bama if they are 1 loss conf champs. Also Baylor and Minny are still undefeated. Utah could win conf with one loss.

Bama didn't look good last night.

I know the SEC bias is real, but I don't see it this year.

I would take both of them over Bama if they are 1 loss conf champs. Also Baylor and Minny are still undefeated. Utah could win conf with one loss.

Bama didn't look good last night.

I know the SEC bias is real, but I don't see it this year.
What makes you think they didn't look good? Because their defense gave up 40 something points? LSU's Defense gave up a ton of points too. I guess they didnt look good either.

Some of those teams have literally no shot to make the playoff, none. Minnesota will get beat in the championship game, if not before. Oregon? Utah?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT