ADVERTISEMENT

OT Posts...Arghhh...

Mods...can we create a forum for Off Topic Rutgers Football conversations? I just went on the Football forum and 24 of the first 25 post are OT...geesh...:Hammer Nails:
The sooner you realize that Rutgers football is off topic in the off season, the sooner you'll be able to embrace threads about pork roll/taylor ham, how to beat a ticket in court, CNJ - yay or nay, I need advice on my "friend's" cheating wife, the secrets of Subway, hookers and blow, and, of course, why numerical modeling forecasts of the weather cannot be accurate beyond 7-8 days due to the chaotic nature of non-linear deterministic systems.

The sooner you realize that Rutgers football is off topic in the off season, the sooner you'll be able to embrace threads about pork roll/taylor ham, how to beat a ticket in court, CNJ - yay or nay, I need advice on my "friend's" cheating wife, the secrets of Subway, hookers and blow, and, of course, why numerical modeling forecasts of the weather cannot be accurate beyond 7-8 days due to the chaotic nature of non-linear deterministic systems.
And whether people posting at 3:54am are losers? 😜

Mods...can we create a forum for Off Topic Rutgers Football conversations? I just went on the Football forum and 24 of the first 25 post are OT...geesh...:Hammer Nails:

What are you looking to discuss?
Or what thread did you start that is being buried by all the OT threads?

Reactions: fsg2
The Topics we cannot discuss on OT on the football board are Trump, BLM, Trans anything, Bidens mental decline, and Trump. LOL!

THAT'S BECAUSE THEY WON'T BUILD MY DAMN MONORAIL!!!

Tell me about the plans. Where are the stops? Multiple lines?

In theory this could make sense (I have no experience or expertise on anything close to civil engineering).

Just thinking about the different campus/athletic venues spread out.

Don’t worry. When HC Schiano gets his “contract extension” there will be plenty of Football talk.

I’ve been told by double secret board insiders it should be coming along anyday now.

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

Tell me about the plans. Where are the stops? Multiple lines?

In theory this could make sense (I have no experience or expertise on anything close to civil engineering).

Just thinking about the different campus/athletic venues spread out.

Really? You've missed 25 years of me doing this?

In the beginning it was half a joke. After that, it was still half a joke - if for no other reason than it would never happen because getting a project like that done in NJ is just crazy talk.

But the general idea is that the route would follow George St. from Cook / Douglas through CAC, then cross the river alongside the existing Rt 18 bridge, turn left to the stadium, then right toward Busch, then along Ave E to Livingston. Return route is the reverse.

No more bus traffic, no more bus fumes, no more waiting for the bus, etc. It's a fundamentally great idea that's completely blocked by the usual suspects - funding, political headwinds, etc.

Reactions: mildone
Don't forget that the Home Depot in Passaic is the best place to go for fencing.
'En-garde'
Didn't see that place on this list
Top Private Schools Offering Fencing Sport in New Jersey (2023)
  • Chapin School. (3) ...
  • The Elisabeth Morrow School. (4) ...
  • Pope John XXIII High School. (Catholic) ...
  • Ranney School. 235 Hope Road. ...
  • Academy Of Greatness And Excellence. 110 Mount Vernon St. ...
  • Ben Porat Yosef. (Jewish) ...
  • Don Bosco Preparatory High School. ...
  • Dwight-englewood School.

Really? You've missed 25 years of me doing this?

In the beginning it was half a joke. After that, it was still half a joke - if for no other reason than it would never happen because getting a project like that done in NJ is just crazy talk.

But the general idea is that the route would follow George St. from Cook / Douglas through CAC, then cross the river alongside the existing Rt 18 bridge, turn left to the stadium, then right toward Busch, then along Ave E to Livingston. Return route is the reverse.

No more bus traffic, no more bus fumes, no more waiting for the bus, etc. It's a fundamentally great idea that's completely blocked by the usual suspects - funding, political headwinds, etc.
At this point I’d settle to just have the faux fire marshal stop telling me to shut off my gas fired portable heater that has an automatic shut off.

OT: How do you explain this vaulting action?

My best guess would be that the tire somehow went under the front bumper (probably sideways), which would have created an upward force on the front bottom of the car, lifting the front of the car and once that started, the incredible force of the air (the car is traveling at a high speed relative to the air going under/over/around the car) on the front of the undercarriage would have lifted the entire car easily into the air. If the tire stayed vertical when it struck the car, I would think it would've just bounced off the car, so I think the tire needs to slide under the car (even though in later frames, under the car it looks like the tire is back to vertical, which is possible once things start going crazy with the car lift).

Think of the force exerted on your hand when you have your hand out the window parallel to the ground, slicing through the air (which we all used to do as kids): it's easy to hold your hand in place when it's parallel to the ground, but then you lift your hand up relative to your wrist (with the tips of your fingers being like the front of the undercarriage on that car) and feel that really strong wind force lifting your hand.

My best guess would be that the tire somehow went under the front bumper (probably sideways), which would have created an upward force on the front bottom of the car, lifting the front of the car and once that started, the incredible force of the air (the car is traveling at a high speed relative to the air going under/over/around the car) on the front of the undercarriage would have lifted the entire car easily into the air. If the tire stayed vertical when it struck the car, I would think it would've just bounced off the car, so I think the tire needs to slide under the car (even though in later frames, under the car it looks like the tire is back to vertical, which is possible once things start going crazy with the car lift).

Think of the force exerted on your hand when you have your hand out the window parallel to the ground, slicing through the air (which we all used to do as kids): it's easy to hold your hand in place when it's parallel to the ground, but then you lift your hand up relative to your wrist (with the tips of your fingers being like the front of the undercarriage on that car) and feel that really strong wind force lifting your hand.
Makes sense, but a pretty pedestrian explanation. Stick to weather and pushing drugs. ;). Don't think the tire went sideways under the Kia. The tire is spinning at a high rate generating a lot of angular momentum, which can be transferred to a vertical force. I'm a little surprised that it would have "the grip" to transfer that kind of force to the front bumper, but you learn something everyday. After the initial jolt, perhaps the wind played a factor, so I'll give you half credit.

Makes sense, but a pretty pedestrian explanation. Stick to weather and pushing drugs. ;). Don't think the tire went sideways under the Kia. The tire is spinning at a high rate generating a lot of angular momentum, which can be transferred to a vertical force. I'm a little surprised that it would have "the grip" to transfer that kind of force to the front bumper, but you learn something everyday. After the initial jolt, perhaps the wind played a factor, so I'll give you half credit.
Occam's Razor - all things being equal, the simplest explanation is probably correct. Obviously, I considered the car riding up on the vertical tire, but that seemed unlikely, even spinning at a high speed, generating a vertical force, plus if you look at the video, the tire seems like it's spit out and moving towards heading under the car, horizontally, although the footage isn't good enough to conclude either way. Either way, the wind would play a huge factor for any vehicle traveling at high speed with the front suddenly lifted off the ground. Was there any explanation/speculation on what happened wherever you had come across this?

Back in about 2010 I was headed to Albany for a conference and rolled up on this exact same scenario on the NY Thruway. The then-upside down Nissan SUV was filled with a family of 6. I happened to be wearing a first aid squad t-shirt and somehow got appointed scene commander when the local services arrived. Ordered up a helicopter and had the troopers shut down the highway for an LZ. Missed my dinner engagement. But yeah, this sort of thing happens not too infrequently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT