ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Barstool Sports Dudes on Penn State Fans

Spot on

There’s literally zero chance a decent subsection of their fanbase didn’t know about the Sandusky thing

Especially the big $ donors
In a place as insular as State College, anyone in the mix would have known the deal

Cult is the best, and after the JS scandal, only way to describe that fan base

I worked a wedding of 2 PSU grads. It was creepy. They had a guy dressed like the mascot. The bride and groom cake toppers had PSU jerseys on. They would do the 'we are" chant At the end about half the guests came together on the dance floor and jumped up and down doing the chant over and over.

On the other hand, the closest RU related wedding was where they had bldg names instead of numbers.

• Wow
Reactions: LETSGORU91
Most big time programs have fan bases that are very similar to state penn…one day, if RU as sustained success, we may also…
The exact reason they made fun of it is because it's above-and-beyond the rest of the "big time programs" anymore. That being said that stopped short of going with "ridiculous % of white students (that campus), whiteouts, cult....ya' know!!!" lol!!! I thought for SURE they were headed in that direction!

IDK. They are next level scary cult out there. And rutgersal celebrates as something Rutgers fans should aspire to. Never for me.

So long as RU is majority NJ students, it would never happen. NJ is culturally and idea-wise too diverse for that crap.

Other than fill up a stadium, not sure what we'd aspire to...RU is academically a MUCH stronger school.

Reactions: RCBeta79
Most big time programs have fan bases that are very similar to state penn…one day, if RU as sustained success, we may also…
I disagree….Creep State fans are creeps! Very strange, sick and bad bunch. Talk about a bad culture and birds of a feather. Ugly to be around. I’ve never experienced anything else like it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT