ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baseball Opening Day!!!!! (Trivia)

Don Hahn (and Tug) traded for John Stearns.

here's one I just came across and really like- Who is the only player to play for all three Bird teams but no others?
I think that I saw this somewhere. Is it a pitcher???
I know ex Padre Woody Williams pitched for the Cards and Toronto but I don't think that he was an Oriole.

I looked up Hahn's career stats. He must have had a devastating injury early in 1969. He was the opening day CF but played in only four games the entire season.
He came back to play in 82 games in 1970.
Looking at that 1970 roster for Montreal they had some of the great baseball names on that team, Coco Laboy, Boots Day and John Boccabella.
The catcher on that team was John Bateman who later in life played for several years with the famous barnstorming softball team The King and His Court.

Forgot that Armas had come up with the Bucs.
Part of the trade with Oakland that brought Phil Garner to Pittsburgh
Correct.
Chuck Tanner was also traded to the Pirates the year before.
Charlie Finley included him in a trade for Manny Sanguillan, the only manager ever included in a trade package

Reactions: colbert17
Correct.
Chuck Tanner was also traded to the Pirates the year before.
Charlie Finley included him in a trade for Manny Sanguillan, the only manager ever included in a trade package
Zap, you forgot this one!

On November 27, 1967, the Mets traded Denehy to the Washington Senators for the Senators' manager, Gil Hodges, who was then in the middle of a multi-year contract he had signed as Washington's skipper.

Reactions: zappaa
Zap, you forgot this one!

On November 27, 1967, the Mets traded Denehy to the Washington Senators for the Senators' manager, Gil Hodges, who was then in the middle of a multi-year contract he had signed as Washington's skipper.
How about that!
I remember Bill in the clubhouse when I believe Wes Westrum was manager of the Mets

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT