OT: Bball Paul and Spencer

RUsojo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2010
Paul - 9/8/7 on 3 of 4 from the field in 34 minutes

Spencer - 8/1/5 on 2 of 3 from the field in 27 minutes

Reactions: rubigtimenow
We’re not doing this all season. Don’t want to hear about them again. They ditched their teammates at the last hour
Pike ditched Paul by bringing in Noah. Maybe if we paid Cam more he would have stayed.

In professional sports decisions are made who to keep and who not to keep. We are trending that way here.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
Pike ditched Paul by bringing in Noah. Maybe if we paid Cam more he would have stayed.

In professional sports decisions are made who to keep and who not to keep. We are trending that way here.
Not clear to me what Paul’s reason was maybe that was it. What is clear is we lost a lot of toughness and experience. A program like ru’s recipe to succeed is to get old and stay old. Pretty obvious this attempt to transition is going to be bumpy. Will be fascinating and likely agonizing for the fanbase.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Not clear to me what Paul’s reason was maybe that was it. What is clear is we lost a lot of toughness and experience. A program like ru’s recipe to succeed is to get old and stay old. Pretty obvious this attempt to transition is going to be bumpy. Will be fascinating and likely agonizing for the fanbase.
Roles need to be defined. Gavin is going to have to learn how to play defense.

The result didn't bother me. How Pike coached was the shocker. He came to the game with a doghouse already built. I am sure it was for a very good reason.

Roles need to be defined. Gavin is going to have to learn how to play defense.

The result didn't bother me. How Pike coached was the shocker. He came to the game with a doghouse already built. I am sure it was for a very good reason.
Gavin can learn defense on the floor though, he doesnt have to learn how to play defense on the bench. You think our guards played good defense? Put him and and let him get his feet under him on that end of the floor.

Princeton shot 45% from 3 on 20 attempts. How much better do they shoot from 3 with Gavin on the court? Gavin needed to play. We took 14 3s if we let him get 6 more 3s up we score 9 more points on 3 of 8 3pt shooting from Gavin. We have to build this into the offense.

Instead pike does what he does in 2H he tried to sacrifice offense to play defense and we couldn’t score the basketball. 1H everything was going fine just some bad bounces.

Went back and looked at the 1st half.

Shift 1 6 possessions and 12 Princeton points
Shift 2 2 possessions and 4 Princeton points
Shift 3 5 possessions and 7 Princeton points.

Princeton scored 23 points in the 13 possessions Gavin was in the game in the 1st half

Went back and looked at the 1st half.

Shift 1 6 possessions and 12 Princeton points
Shift 2 2 possessions and 4 Princeton points
Shift 3 5 possessions and 7 Princeton points.

Princeton scored 23 points in the 13 possessions Gavin was in the game in the 1st half
He was also 2-4 from the field with 2 turnovers. Not exactly an offensive explosion.

We’re not doing this all season. Don’t want to hear about them again. They ditched their teammates at the last hour
No, let’s do this all season. Why not? Need some other drama besides this team that is woefully lacking in scorers

Reactions: biazza38
I didn't give you plus minus
I didn't give you box score stuff

Yes Simpson and Hyatt contributed to that mess. Those numbers probably should have been on all 3 of them.

If you watched the game the numbers matched what your eyeballs would have seen. It was obvious that Henderson targeted Gavin.

• Haha
Reactions: MiloTalon13
Said a dozen times-- you don't play Princeton day one and expect freshmen to train on the job. Let's hope Gavin's confidence was not thrown out of whack.

I get that GG wasnt playing defense and was getting abused...tell me who on our team was actually playing any defense that we should be applauding???
I didn't see any good defense the entire night--fundamentals of boxing out were not there. Help side defense was not there. Not letting a man beat you was not there. Stopping the ball(most important) was not there.
Pike only swapped out players to try and change things up but NEVER change up our man to man defense which is another lever he could have pulled.
Bad night all around from players to coaching

You’re going to hear about them all season because many fans said we would be better without them. In Paul’s case, those fans were saying that before he left and helped show him the door.

Reactions: RutgersChow
You’re going to hear about them all season because many fans said we would be better without them. In Paul’s case, those fans were saying that before he left and helped show him the door.
lkdqQA.gif

First game Paul did very well. His coach talked about how great he was in all phases of the game.
Paul is going to have the same stats he had the past 2-3 years. If the Washington offense is better than RU’s (which it probably will be), those numbers will be even higher. Paul is a very good all around player, regardless of what some nitwits here think.

What’s your point? They left way way way way after the season ended. Both played very well here, but they chose to leave. I’m sure both of them will have very solid seasons. But this is silly

I mean you said you don’t want to hear about them. So not hate . But doesn’t seem supportive of rutgers grads
I don’t want to hear about them because they are playing elsewhere. They’re solid players and are gonna do well, but they moved on. Thats not hate. Their playing chapter is finished

No, but his baseline pull up J was smooth. He needs to find ways to get shots - not just crank up contested threes. Take it inside more.

Shades of Jaden Jones. The big difference is this time is that we don’t have veteran defenders like Caleb and Geo (or even Paul) as an alternative. The swap instead becomes frosh for frosh/sophomore/mid-major transfer. Hopefully GG’s D comes along quickly.

Oops accidentally clicked on the Facebook page of an ex-girlfriend.

I better click the "Delete Friend" button.

No, but his baseline pull up J was smooth. He needs to find ways to get shots - not just crank up contested threes. Take it inside more.

Shades of Jaden Jones. The big difference is this time is that we don’t have veteran defenders like Caleb and Geo (or even Paul) as an alternative. The swap instead becomes frosh for frosh/sophomore/mid-major transfer. Hopefully GG’s D comes along quickly.
He took two 3s, I missed the first but one was an open back rim job.

Kid can shoot and our offense needs his 3PAs badly.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
That is how "gonzaga?" became "GONZAGA!".. redshirting in basketball and playing 5th-year seniors and also those older Mormon Mission types. And now that they are "GONZAGA" they can recruit directly with the big boys. Of course, we all hope next year's class is just earth-shattering for Rutgers.. and I hope it works out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT