ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bball Paul and Spencer

First.. the post you replied to was a post in agreement with one saying our plan should be to "get old, stay old". And I said that is how Gonzaga did it... how they reached where they now are.

Sooo.. you think they don't have Mormon players and you also think they have a problem asking Mormon players to not do their 2-year Mission time?

Okaaaay...

Also.. I specifically said that this is how they built their team initially.. older players.. redshirting, etc. They do not need that now as their recruiting skyrocketed along with their name and their tournament history. And, clearly, Mormons attend the Jesuit School or they wouldn't be being accused of being hostile to them.

Besides.. the main point wasn't teh Momoons.. it was redshirting and starting 5th-year seniors. An occasional Mormon who did a mission just added to the age and experience thing. They also took a lot of foreign players as they built their name.

Here's a story from 2017 that speaks to how they used the redshirt year in their program.
Big difference from redshirting than Mormon missions. At what point did I say they have a problem allowing Mormons to do missions? If your point wasn’t about Mormon missions and utilizing mormon players then why did you add it to conversation? That is why I asked and wasn’t hostile it was something I never heard Gonzaga utilizing. Now recruiting 22 year old Ausies and Europeans. Yes but Mormons come on.

You obviously didn’t read the article because it wasn’t about random Mormons or hostility towards students at Gonzaga that were Mormons. It was about hostility directed at BYU athletes and fans.

Big difference from redshirting than Mormon missions. At what point did I say they have a problem allowing Mormons to do missions? If your point wasn’t about Mormon missions and utilizing mormon players then why did you add it to conversation? That is why I asked and wasn’t hostile it was something I never heard Gonzaga utilizing. Now recruiting 22 year old Ausies and Europeans. Yes but Mormons come on.

You obviously didn’t read the article because it wasn’t about random Mormons or hostility towards students at Gonzaga that were Mormons. It was about hostility directed at BYU athletes and fans.
AGE GAE AGE.. my comment was in support of the one saying "get old, stay old".. mentioning Momon -players in that area of the country was in ADDITION to first mentioning 5th-year players. But you took exception to it for some damned reason.

I am saying that experience matters.. age and physical development of older players matters and it mattered to Gonzaga while they were making a name for themselves.

I don't care about Gonzaga fans wanting to take digs at Mormons when BYU comes to play. That had zero to do with my comment about Gonzaga having used AGE as a factor in becoming a dominant program. Yeah.. it is bigoted of Gonzaga students to do that... they should stop that. You happy now?

AGE GAE AGE.. my comment was in support of the one saying "get old, stay old".. mentioning Momon -players in that area of the country was in ADDITION to first mentioning 5th-year players. But you took exception to it for some damned reason.

I am saying that experience matters.. age and physical development of older players matters and it mattered to Gonzaga while they were making a name for themselves.

I don't care about Gonzaga fans wanting to take digs at Mormons when BYU comes to play. That had zero to do with my comment about Gonzaga having used AGE as a factor in becoming a dominant program. Yeah.. it is bigoted of Gonzaga students to do that... they should stop that. You happy now?
Now you make sense. It was a simple question that you took offense to and spun in a very bizarre direction.

It is a Pike problem in the sense that GG should have already been taught how to play defense - about five drills every day will do it. That's half of defense. The other half of is being tough. You can't really teach that. It has to come from within.
If only Pike knew how to coach defense. 🤷‍♂️

If only Pike knew how to coach defense. 🤷‍♂️
FYI only 41% of Gonzaga students are Catholic and they have other Christian and non-christian clergy on staff and offer services.

Also..

"Wade isn’t the only relationship GU shares with the LDS church.​
Brigham Young, one of the founders of BYU, had a grandson attend GU and the Rev. Peter John Desmet, a Jesuit missionary for whom GU’s Desmet Hall is named, worked with local LDS members in Spokane. "​

Cam with a big 25 points, leading UConn over a pretty weak Mississippi Valley State team. UConn is cruising early, but the schedule ramps up after with a game against Indiana this week, and then games against Kansas, UNC, Gonzaga and possibly Texas.

Cam with a big 25 points, leading UConn over a pretty weak Mississippi Valley State team. UConn is cruising early, but the schedule ramps up after with a game against Indiana this week, and then games against Kansas, UNC, Gonzaga and possibly Texas.
Spencer made seven 3 pointers and was outstanding in passes to teammates for baskets.He is averaging 15 points a game after three games which he started.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT