ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best NJ Clubs for Young professionals

RUBABY15

Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2017
Have a friend moving to Jersey city area from down south and was looking for some suggestions for best courses within an hour for young professionals. Any suggestions?

Have a friend moving to Jersey city area from down south and was looking for some suggestions for best courses within an hour for young professionals. Any suggestions?

A course to play (public or private) or a club to join?

Imagine he'll have sticker shock when he sees the cost of golf in the NYC area private clubs. Initiation fees are north of $100K at the better clubs, the best can go as high as $700K at Liberty National. Anyway:

The Best and Closest to Jersey City:
Liberty National
Bayonne

Further out up 280 and 78:
Baltastrol
Montclair
Canoe Brook
Trump Bedminster
Hamilton Farms
Plainfield

Imagine he'll have sticker shock when he sees the cost of golf in the NYC area private clubs. Initiation fees are north of $100K at the better clubs, the best can go as high as $700K at Liberty National. Anyway:

The Best and Closest to Jersey City:
Liberty National
Bayonne

Further out up 280 and 78:
Baltastrol
Montclair
Canoe Brook
Trump Bedminster
Hamilton Farms
Plainfield
Agree. I don’t think Fiddlers is that expensive and they have three 18s along with tennis. I think there are a fair amount of young professionals there too (I just play their a few times a year but that’s my impression).

Along 280 corridor and more affordable than those high priced clubs, Crestmont is an excellent course and Cedar Hill is pretty good also. Rock Spring has season passes and could be decent option. Among the high priced clubs I like Montclair a lot - good golf and great all-around club. Plainfield is my favorite to play though.

Along 280 corridor and more affordable than those high priced clubs, Crestmont is an excellent course and Cedar Hill is pretty good also. Rock Spring has season passes and could be decent option. Among the high priced clubs I like Montclair a lot - good golf and great all-around club. Plainfield is my favorite to play though.
Rock Spring is Public, owned by the town of West Orange.

About a mile or two from Rock Spring is Essex County CC. It is or at least was a nice trac. Original member of the USGA and one of if not the oldest clubs in NJ.

Reactions: newell138
Agree. I don’t think Fiddlers is that expensive and they have three 18s along with tennis. I think there are a fair amount of young professionals there too (I just play their a few times a year but that’s my impression).
Great club.

Franks Chicken House

…..wait ooooohhhh golf clubs
I have to be honest… When I first opened this thread I wasn’t expecting to be discussing golf!!

rave GIF

Last edited:
Reality is there’s not a lot of young professionals in many of the country clubs anymore.

He’d honestly be better off finding a good weekly league at a nice course and meet a heck of a lot more young professionals without having to take out a second mortgage for the initiation dues

Reactions: William J. Leggett
Al’s ‘International Laughingstock Club’ has openings and it’s free. After he joins your friend will soon learn all the unjust reasons Schiano isn’t yet enshrined in the CFB Hall of Fame.

Reality is there’s not a lot of young professionals in many of the country clubs anymore.

He’d honestly be better off finding a good weekly league at a nice course and meet a heck of a lot more young professionals without having to take out a second mortgage for the initiation dues
Oh man, I gotta meet some “young professionals” on the golf course. Maybe we can play disco golf & listen to some Bee Gees. I’ll dress in my John Travolta white suit and do a little dance when I birdie

Oh man, I gotta meet some “young professionals” on the golf course. Maybe we can play disco golf & listen to some Bee Gees. I’ll dress in my John Travolta white suit and do a little dance when I birdie
You’d be amazed how many young people are into golf. YouTube channels like bob does sports and good good have elevated the game with gen Z and millennials the way in which we haven’t seen since Tiger

You’d be amazed how many young people are into golf. YouTube channels like bob does sports and good good have elevated the game with gen Z and millennials the way in which we haven’t seen since Tiger
My son, son-in-law, and their friends play often

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT