ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Big Heatwave/EDIT: Debbie passes well to west but band of showers and squall line and tornado watch to get thru

I prefer OCNJ boardwalk over all of the others, from a family perspective: it's about 9 blocks of boardwalk with tons of shops, food shacks and actual restaurants, games, etc, along with two large amusement areas kind of just behind the boardwalk (and a water park). As a teenager, Wildwood and Seaside were the best. Point Pleasant doesn't compare to the other 3, IMO.
The OC boardwalk is outstanding, much better than anything on the northern shore. Not as big as WW, but better quality in terms of stores, food, games, and clientele. However, Morey's Piers has better rides, even though Playland Castaway Pier is solid.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU848789
Ridiculous because of a little bit of wind and rain. Name the lot of areas that had issues TODAY. Soft and weak move in case there "might" be trouble because of a windy rain storm.
We opted for soft as we shut down our Tampa, Savannah, Statesboro, Cumming, Chester and Burgaw plants as Debbie came up the coast. Loss of operating income for a day, while significant, is better than putting lives in danger.

We opted for soft as we shut down our Tampa, Savannah, Statesboro, Cumming, Chester and Burgaw plants as Debbie came up the coast. Loss of operating income for a day, while significant, is better than putting lives in danger.
At least Tampa and Savannah were in the path of the storm when it was still strong. Savannah took a major hit. The Tampa Bay area had 6-12 inches of rain. NJ was at the far fringes of a greatly diminished storm.

We lived fairly close to Burgaw in hurricane alley- Cape Fear. Guessing that company is GAF. Looks like the Cape Fear region took a big hit too.

NJ was at the far fringes of a greatly diminished storm.

Well we got another three quarters of an inch of rain late this afternoon into evening, putting us almost exactly at 5 inches since 6PM Monday.

I took a shot of our rain gauge as I was grilling:

lS094nQ.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT