ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Breakdancing to be an Olympic sport in 2024

This is literally decades later than the time it would have been the least nonsensical to do this.

Reactions: goru1869
This is literally decades later than the time it would have been the least nonsensical to do this.

Break dancing got big in Asia a bit late but remains popular. Compared to thing like synchronized swimming I can see where break dancing fits in. Personally I would rather see Parkour if urban street stuff is going to be included. Those Parkour artists (traceurs = men and traceuses = women) are fearless and do some intense athletic stuff. Break dancing is old after 5 minutes. Parkour could stay intense all day.

Reactions: robcac26
Stopped watching the Olympics when pros were let in. The Olympics is simply a money grab. Has nothing to do with national pride anymore but many are fooled to believe that. More corrupt than FIFA.

Stopped watching the Olympics when pros were let in. The Olympics is simply a money grab. Has nothing to do with national pride anymore but many are fooled to believe that. More corrupt than FIFA.
More corrupt than fifa says a lot...and you’re probably right!

Stopped watching the last two Olympics. All the ceremonies took up too much time and the US stopped winning as much.

I do like watching some good breakdancing.

Other possibilities they considered?

Checkers
Skinny dipping
Rodeo
Crazy 8s
Bridge
Hiking
Tubing
Tractor pulls
Lawn mowing
Driveway painting
Car pinstriping
Cupcake decorating
Speed dog grooming
Shearing
Monopoly
Wreath making
How about naked breakdancing?

I'm speechless.
No baseball, softball, even cricket

Or lacrosse, with the lax world games now drawing participants from over 30 countries. There's been talk but to the best of my knowledge no action.

Reactions: colbert17
And the break-dancers will be called “athletes” ...an added hilarious angle to this farce. [roll]

Do kids today even know what breakdancing is (popping included) without having to Google it?🤔

for fun, subtract 35 YEARS from your current age and that’s your age the last time breakdancing was popular (some of you maybe a “-“ number)

Last edited by a moderator:
Other possibilities they considered?

Checkers
Skinny dipping
Rodeo
Crazy 8s
Bridge
Hiking
Tubing
Tractor pulls
Lawn mowing
Driveway painting
Car pinstriping
Cupcake decorating
Speed dog grooming
Shearing
Monopoly
Wreath making
We all know someone from NJ would win the gold in Monopoly !

Ultimate should be an Olympic sport.

Not the best video of the sport by far (too field-level to show if off properly). But better than nothing I suppose.

Break dancing was semi relevant in the late 20th century. Is today April Fool's Day?
Yes though I like watching breakdancing , the mere fact , there is skill and athleticism involved is fine. As far as an Olympic sport... That’s another thing...

Last edited:
Do kids today even know what breakdancing is (popping included) without having to Google it?🤔

for fun, subtract 35 YEARS from your current age and that’s your age the last time breakdancing was popular (some of you maybe a “-“ number)
Maybe they should have dance groups like in the movie Step Up , SetUp 2 or the Tv show So you think you can dance.

Why is pole dancing not an Olympic sport? It has a bad reputation because it is associated with strip clubs.
It is a gymnastic sport.
And it should be an Olympic sport.

Maybe they should have dance groups like in the movie Step Up , SetUp 2 or the Tv show So you think you can dance.
No TV here so I would not know what’s “in” with kids these days...regardless, breakdancing in the olympics is laughable and absurd!

NBC, or whatever network airs the games in 2024, will be giving plenty of coverage to breakdancing in primetime, book it. They will be compared favorably to the greatest athletes in other sports to a nauseating extent.

This is STUPID AF!!!!!

I'm waiting for Texas Hold Em to be an Olympic Sport in the next 12 years.

I mean is there any difference between this and figure skating? Both require a ton of skills that I do not have.

Yes though I like watching breakdancing , the mere fact , they there is skill and athleticism involved is fine. As far as an Olympic sport... That’s another thing...
Breakdancing p
NBC, or whatever network airs the games in 2024, will be giving plenty of coverage to breakdancing in primetime, book it. They will be compared favorably to the greatest athletes in other sports to a nauseating extent.
it will create an enormous wave of joy for those who don’t relish in playing an actual “ sport”... We would do well but I suspect the host country and most of Asia would be gearing up for this soon... probably recruiting 3-4 year olds from their parents... send them to government run training academies ... train until they are about 13-14 with the best of everything... and as someone joked NK first sweep in men’s and women’s skate boarding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT