ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bryson DeChambeau

How is this guys name mentioned and no pics of the girlfriend are posted?

So a 26 year old is going out with a girl who just graduated high school?

DeChambeau drove the ball 358 to the side of the green on 9. On 10, he drove on to the cart path. The ball bounced and rolled for a total of 428 yards lol. He just had a pitch and went over the green and ended up bogeying the hole.

On the 215yd 8th Rory only hit his tee shot 175 yards into a pond.

Crazy stuff in the group with Phil as the 3rd player.

Last edited:
DeChambeau drove the ball 358 to the side of the green on 9. On 10, he drove on to the cart path. The ball bounced and rolled for a total of 428 yards lol. He just had a pitch and went over the green and ended up bogeying the hole.

On the 215yd 8th Rory only hit his tee shot 175 yards into a pond.

Crazy stuff in the group with Phil as the 3rd player.

That cart path shot was amazing. Bryson hit first and his ball continue to roll along the path the whole time while Rory and Phil then both tied off. And Phil alomost did the same thing a few holes later.

That cart path shot was amazing. Bryson hit first and his ball continue to roll along the path the whole time while Rory and Phil then both tied off. And Phil alomost did the same thing a few holes later.

What's amazed me is Phil started out Thursday playing very conservatively and has stuck with it for 36 holes. He played with 2 guys who were hitting 330-360 yard drives yet he's been satisfied hanging back often using a 3 wood off the tee. So far so good but you have to wonder if it doesn't work for one or two holes if he goes back to "Old Phil".

DJ moving up, now tied for second.

Last edited:
What's amazed me is Phil started out Thursday playing very conservatively and has stuck with it for 36 holes. He played with 2 guys who were hitting 330-360 yard drives yet he's been satisfied hanging back often using a 3 wood off the tee. So far so good but you have to wonder if it doesn't work for one or two holes if he goes back to "Old Phil".

I'm just amazed how much weight he lost and his continued effort to fight the ageing process. Him having fun with the younger guys is cool.
Much better look than the business buttoned down long sleeve. Looks more Euro like Hendrick Stenson lol.

Golf is all about 100 yards to the hole. Hulk could not win on the PGA Tour if he didn't have a short game like Phil.
Bryson could be below average on his approach shots relative to the tournament field and still win on tour if he's that much better off the tee. As long as strokes gained off the tee exceeds shots lost on approach. Stats say so. Also, shots gained from shorter distance are harder to come by...

Reactions: Terry_2426
Bryson could be below average on his approach shots relative to the tournament field and still win on tour if he's that much better off the tee. As long as strokes gained off the tee exceeds shots lost on approach. Stats say so. Also, shots gained from shorter distance are harder to come by...

He's 112th in Driving Accuracy which may be why he's 44th in GIR from 100-125 yard shots,143rd from 125-150, and 80th 150-175.

The question may be how important is distance if you ain't hitting the short grass.

I think he'll work it out but right now it is an issue.

Reactions: ruready07
Dailey never drove it like DeChambeau. Not a fan but that dude absolutely beats it.

Everyone assumed Tiger was juicing because he added muscle over years. But these guys did through hard work. We all know Tiger is not a hard worker.
Tiger was benching 325...that was not all natural all while practicing and playing golf nonstop. If they knew they looked the other way. He was putting alot of extra ZERO'S on purses and TV rights. He didn't bring millions into the game he brought billions

Reactions: Knightmoves
I’m not saying Tiger or BD didn’t juice but I think people have a misunderstanding of lifting weights. With the advances in body development today the days of being in a gym for hours on end have been proven to be unnecessary. You only need a good hour in the gym. These guys play golf for a living. Let’s not pretend they’re stuck in front of a computer all day long and can’t find an hour. NBA players lift on game days (some before and even some after). They have the time and resources for an hour per day and a good trainer.

i don't know why ppl think that its not possible to lift heavy without some help. in about a year, i went from benching 135 to 225 while weighing 150-155lbs. my buddy was benching 315 while lifting moderately and running half marathons AND cutting weight down from 210 to 195. nothing more than protein shakes, proper diet, and sweat equity.

also, much of the PGA tour players' power comes from their legs and their core. watch how JT, rory, bubba, and bryson interact with the ground on their downswing. they're basically jumping out of their shoes to generate extra power. this is a lot different than the old days. add some extra muscle to bryson, and you get the monster drives.

an additional layer to bryson is his extremely low lofted driver. low spin off the tee results in huge distance if you can keep it in the air.

Reactions: Knightmoves
i don't know why ppl think that its not possible to lift heavy without some help. in about a year, i went from benching 135 to 225 while weighing 150-155lbs. my buddy was benching 315 while lifting moderately and running half marathons AND cutting weight down from 210 to 195. nothing more than protein shakes, proper diet, and sweat equity.

also, much of the PGA tour players' power comes from their legs and their core. watch how JT, rory, bubba, and bryson interact with the ground on their downswing. they're basically jumping out of their shoes to generate extra power. this is a lot different than the old days. add some extra muscle to bryson, and you get the monster drives.

an additional layer to bryson is his extremely low lofted driver. low spin off the tee results in huge distance if you can keep it in the air.

Yea, a 5 degree driver is just nuts!! That's like a putter on steroids.

Played Skyway in Jersey City on Monday. Really nice 9 hole course and easy for people coming from the city. I thought that was going to be a terrible idea converting that range but I was wrong. Had a tee time this afternoon at Mountain Ridge, but rained out.

Played Skyway in Jersey City on Monday. Really nice 9 hole course and easy for people coming from the city. I thought that was going to be a terrible idea converting that range but I was wrong. Had a tee time this afternoon at Mountain Ridge, but rained out.
J- saw your other posts in the locked thread. We are both walking and if you cart, it’s solo. But people aren’t really following the recommendation.

Reactions: jtung230
J- saw your other posts in the locked thread. We are both walking and if you cart, it’s solo. But people aren’t really following the recommendation.
I’ve been walking too. Did cheat a few times when someone takes the cart, I put my clubs on so I don’t have to carry. I’m close on new business in your area. Hope to get out there after a vaccine. Will let you know.

I’ve been walking too. Did cheat a few times when someone takes the cart, I put my clubs on so I don’t have to carry. I’m close on new business in your area. Hope to get out there after a vaccine. Will let you know.
Keep me posted. My course is in great shape.

So the answer is today: it’s easy to get big and hit it 380 yards and the only reason Bryson is the only one doing it is because he is soooo smart. Got it.

I got a bridge to sell ya.

So the answer is today: it’s easy to get big and hit it 380 yards and the only reason Bryson is the only one doing it is because he is soooo smart. Got it.

I got a bridge to sell ya.
Only one doing it?? Do you follow golf?

Only one doing it?? Do you follow golf?

That’s not what I’m saying. Clearly this has been going on for years. That’s why Player has been screaming about it and the tour finally implemented testing a couple of years ago. But professionals when there are millions of dollars on the table are always trying to get an edge. Ie baseball, football bicycling.

When I was playing semi professionally 20 years ago it was widely circulated within the golf community Michelle Wei’s parents were giving her HGH. The mini tour players were all trying to get edges and popping pills. But that’s a different world.

I’m not completely sold that Tiger did anything but it’s possible. I certainly look at someone like Brooks who was an average amateur and started in Europe and then blossomed into one of the top players on tour by bulking up and spending as much time in the gym as he does hitting balls with skepticism.

I look at someone like Bryson who clearly has all the talent in the world looking at players like brooks and feeling like lesser players are passing him by and he has made a conscious decision. It feels exactly like Barry Bonds.

And don’t get me wrong I’ve laid money on Bryson to win all the majors this year. He’s going to dominate this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT