OT: Caitlin Clark runs into OSU fan and flops on the court

newell138

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Ocean City NJ via South Brunswick and Denville
Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet1984
One of the dangers of storming the court. Looks to me like she ran right into him but pretty dangerous situation Luckily she seems to be ok

Looked like she had a security guard running behind her. He needed to get out in front and lay a better block.

Your poor mother
My mother was smart and I take after here (aside from coming here and slumming too much)
Caitlin runs into the fan and knocks her down.
Fan gets up like a boss and goes back to her thing while Caitlin goes down softly and imitates a soccer player

xG2ELkw.gif

First, I thought I was I initially watching a soccer match with that pathetic flop. Second, and based on the title by the OP, I thought Caitlin was going on a date with an OSU fan.

Pathetic flop. But idiots will yell about this is why court storming should be outlawed
I read (didn't see video) there was an issue in the St Johns game the same day where a fan went after a player while the court was being stormed. It is something they need to make sure players are protected (and not because of the Caitlyn Clark incident) when fans storm the court. I'm not against storming the court (or field) after a signature win but you have to realize 1000+ people surrounding the opposing teams is a recipe for something happening.

I read (didn't see video) there was an issue in the St Johns game the same day where a fan went after a player while the court was being stormed. It is something they need to make sure players are protected (and not because of the Caitlyn Clark incident) when fans storm the court. I'm not against storming the court (or field) after a signature win but you have to realize 1000+ people surrounding the opposing teams is a recipe for something happening.
Agree - while storming the court/field is fun in theory and been going on for a while, I think there will be a bad incident down the road (knock on wood) where it will just be eliminated period across the board.

And yeah Caitlin Clark definitely intentional on her part, and then played victim!

At first look in full speed I thought the chubby chick was in the wrong. Now, it looks like Princess Caitlin initiated the contact and did this out of spite because her team lost. The attention was off her and she wanted it back. What better way than to fake a distressing situation. Oh, poor Caitlin.

Never thought you would be a social justice warrior!!

Seems they respect each other, and as usual, media and fans were fanning the flames.

Prefer that all players just play the game and skip the trash talking.
Trash talk isn't always a bad thing- I never heard players talk with more love then they do when they talk about Larry Bird and his trash talking- that was most likely the best TT in the history of the sport.

At first look in full speed I thought the chubby chick was in the wrong. Now, it looks like Princess Caitlin initiated the contact and did this out of spite because her team lost. The attention was off her and she wanted it back. What better way than to fake a distressing situation. Oh, poor Caitlin.
I don't see that at all. Just an unfortunate collision between two people who weren't looking where they were going.

... I'm not against storming the court (or field) after a signature win but you have to realize 1000+ people surrounding the opposing teams is a recipe for something happening.

Even without storming the field, I find the ending of games, concerts etc to be a little sketchy.
When I go to an event all the staff are on the ball at the start.
Security is being alert and careful, ushers are doing their thing, fans are focused on settling-in.

At the end of events everything is breaking down.
Security starts going slack and making personal phone calls.
Fans are leaving garbage all over and some are tipsy.

Fans and staff cross a line in their minds when events are over
Even at military sites things start to go slack.
Someone malevolent trying to sneak into a site can have an easier time when people are leaving and staff are looking lax (maybe looking for concession leftovers etc.)

Last edited:
It was a first class acting job. Complete with a flailing arm pirouette and writhing in pain sprawl out on the floor. Looked like an acting job from a Cecil B. DeMille movie in the 50's.
The pirouette was the best - lol. After watching it a few times - this looks like it was orchestrated by a 5 year old in the midst of a tantrum.

What a Joke... OSU fan Runs into!!!
How bout Iowa WBBP try's to run over fan as the fan try's to avoid collision at the last second!!!

Reactions: Mr Magoo
It was a first class acting job. Complete with a flailing arm pirouette and writhing in pain sprawl out on the floor. Looked like an acting job from a Cecil B. DeMille movie in the 50's.
The fall maybe, not the collision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT