ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Caitlin Clark runs into OSU fan and flops on the court

Looks like she ran into the fan and initiated the contact. Can't stand her. She's a dirty player, which is a shame, given her talent.
I'm not a huge fan of hers either. Talented as can be, but the flopping and on-court antics she has engaged in over her career I can do without.

It would be best if spectators stayed in their seats, though. I'd hate to see a talent like Caitlin Clark get hurt...

Last edited:
At first look in full speed I thought the chubby chick was in the wrong. Now, it looks like Princess Caitlin initiated the contact and did this out of spite because her team lost. The attention was off her and she wanted it back. What better way than to fake a distressing situation. Oh, poor Caitlin.

have to agree here, which is why I posted it but after looking at those other angles, she def flopped. I was just starting to like her too, now, not so much.

Reactions: koleszar
She clearly initiated the contact. What an overblown overreaction by so many. People calling for a ban are so soft - Unfortunately they will likely get their wish in the not to distance future. Another fun tradition that future young people wont get to experience.

Reactions: CERU00
She clearly initiated the contact. What an overblown overreaction by so many. People calling for a ban are so soft - Unfortunately they will likely get their wish in the not to distance future. Another fun tradition that future young people wont get to experience.
Yeah, fans rushing the court has always been manageable. I never did it, but it looks fun. I will be sad to see it go.

For a well-paid sports celebrity such as the player in question, it's part of the territory -- a part that most players handle better than she did...

Yeah, fans rushing the court has always been manageable. I never did it, but it looks fun. I will be sad to see it go.

For a well-paid sports celebrity such as the player in question, it's part of the territory -- a part that most players handle better than she did...

technically its never been "allowed" so not sure how they would make it go away.

Reactions: dconifer
I read (didn't see video) there was an issue in the St Johns game the same day where a fan went after a player while the court was being stormed. It is something they need to make sure players are protected (and not because of the Caitlyn Clark incident) when fans storm the court. I'm not against storming the court (or field) after a signature win but you have to realize 1000+ people surrounding the opposing teams is a recipe for something happening.
Yeah, that is just a dumb move.

Pretty pathetic the person who ran into didn't even bother to check if she was OK.
Yeah that was my biggest takeaway. They knew something really bad just happened and they tried to fade away rather than take accountability.

While I agree that the result was a little "dramatic," am I the only one that thinks the primary cause of the collision was whatever the OSU fan was doing with their cell phone? I don't know if she was attempting the elusive running selfie or just recording the court storm for posterity, but she was lucky it was a women's basketball game and not after a football game with a defensive end bearing down on her.

Reactions: Scarlet4Shore
While I agree that the result was a little "dramatic," am I the only one that thinks the primary cause of the collision was whatever the OSU fan was doing with their cell phone? I don't know if she was attempting the elusive running selfie or just recording the court storm for posterity, but she was lucky it was a women's basketball game and not after a football game with a defensive end bearing down on her.
The way I saw it, CC was focused on making a beeline off the court to the tunnel, the fan was focused on making a beeline to the crowd at center court, they didn't see each other, then boom. Now CC may have flopped, but it's possible she could've been stunned a little at first then fell. Sorta when you get hit in the nads by accident. I'm good, I'm good...no I'm not.

The way I saw it, CC was focused on making a beeline off the court to the tunnel, the fan was focused on making a beeline to the crowd at center court, they didn't see each other, then boom. Now CC may have flopped, but it's possible she could've been stunned a little at first then fell. Sorta when you get hit in the nads by accident. I'm good, I'm good...no I'm not.
nah. Look at the other views, she initiated contact with her arm

You could of course be completely right.

But people like me who have watched her over the years are never going to be convinced...

Sorry I don’t see it that way. I mean you’re not really expecting to see a fan on the court so you may brace yourself in that situation. We’ll have to agree to disagree.
With such poor peripheral vision, I'm not sure how she doesnt get run over all the time on the court. I mean its not like she just spent the last 40 minutes with 9 other people running in random directions at double the speed of the rando fan.

• Haha
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
With such poor peripheral vision, I'm not sure how she doesnt get run over all the time on the court. I mean its not like she just spent the last 40 minutes with 9 other people running in random directions at double the speed of the rando fan.
There's a difference about playing a game and being experienced in that setting vs. expecting a random moron to pop onto the court out of nowhere. Look, I'm not this huge CC fan, just trying to be fair. People on this thread act like she was heat-seeking missile looking for the fan. 😄

Don’t care about WBB but looking at it- fan and player looking elsewhere and not in front of them. Collision, I’m not going to say if and why if Player stayed on ground due to real shock and pain or faking. But neither initiated the collision and since neither saw each other- well, fan is at fault. Player should never be close enough to a fan on a court or field to expect or be blamed for something like this.
The fan is actually at fault once they enter the court or field…

Don’t care about WBB but looking at it- fan and player looking elsewhere and not in front of them. Collision, I’m not going to say if and why if Player stayed on ground due to real shock and pain or faking. But neither initiated the collision and since neither saw each other- well, fan is at fault. Player should never be close enough to a fan on a court or field to expect or be blamed for something like this.
The fan is actually at fault once they enter the court or field…
Looked to me like cc initiated probably not thinking clearly but 100% agree with the last sentence.

Reactions: Saint Puppy
There's a difference about playing a game and being experienced in that setting vs. expecting a random moron to pop onto the court out of nowhere. Look, I'm not this huge CC fan, just trying to be fair. People on this thread act like she was heat-seeking missile looking for the fan. 😄
Well, my first thought was why is she running so fast knowing that there's a bunch of emotional unathletic people swarming the court? No matter what you think of the collision, she was being reckless.

Here's a good angle.

Clark clearly did NOT initiate the contact.

Neither woman was paying attention.

In the video you can see Clark looking to the side right before the collision.

However, she DID appear to comically flop after the contact and, I'm sorry, but her "injured" demeanor as she was helped back to the locker room just looked ridiculous. if she was so injured after a low-speed bump with a smaller, non-athletic woman then she needs to start lifting.

Well, my first thought was why is she running so fast knowing that there's a bunch of emotional unathletic people swarming the court? No matter what you think of the collision, she was being reckless.
Really? They lost - she’s trying to get the hell out of there. This thread has now jumped the shark. Unless my sarcasm meter is completely off in this case.

Here's a good angle.

Clark clearly did NOT initiate the contact.

Neither woman was paying attention.

In the video you can see Clark looking to the side right before the collision.

However, she DID appear to comically flop after the contact and, I'm sorry, but her "injured" demeanor as she was helped back to the locker room just looked ridiculous. if she was so injured after a low-speed bump with a smaller, non-athletic woman then she needs to start lifting.

She was looking away and probably saw the collision about 1/2 second before it happened. No time to decide to hit a fan and plan a flop. Don't get the hate and lack of mental processing displayed by some here.

She was looking away and probably saw the collision about 1/2 second before it happened. No time to decide to hit a fan and plan a flop. Don't get the hate and lack of mental processing displayed by some here.

Hate?

Zero opinion on her

Not suggesting she “planned to flop” I don’t even know what that means. lol. But if you think her initial reaction/ movements were totally natural and not exaggerated (for whatever reason) then I don’t know what to tell you. She was probably still in “game mode” so her “flopping” like that in that situation looks kinda silly. That’s all

As far as her “injured” walk back to the locker roon - maybe she got the wind knocked out of her (which CAN happen somewhat randomly). So I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt on that ;)

Last edited:
Why would she flop- she had no idea it was about to happen. And is an injured Star more marketable than someone that took that collision and just moved on.
Funny thing- imagine the opposite- she and the girl collide(again, neither saw each other) and let’s say the player popped up and just ran off to see if tge other person was ok.
This fan, ran into a player- not intentionally by either- saw tge other person go down or maybe not, but hell of a collision- fat girl did not even look back. What if it was another fan or forbid, a kid…she jumps up and goes back to the party.
Sorry- but if a fan or player- if I popped back to my feet, I am at least stopping to check

In some views, it looks like she intentionally caused it and then flipped. I was thinking she should get a 1 game suspension for that BS......but

The last view shows she didn't see it coming. I can see that type of reaction when the brain thinks it's about to be in a collision. Easy to strain something in that type of scenario. Not her fault, but you should be looking where you are running to especially with fans coming on the court.

Was the fan looking down and running? I wonder how many people die due to them looking down at their phone.

If a player sees it coming it is different. Same with anything else. She is in her protected soace.

Caitlin Smollett

0AZp2Uo.gif

I'm sorry but fans don't belong on the court. If you've ever been a player or a coach or official that's been on the court when this happens (I have) it can be pretty scary.
Tell me you weren’t at _______ (incredible RU sporting event) without telling me.🙄

I think storming a basketball court and a football field are two different things. Basketball you're in a very tight enclosed space while on a football field there is room to get away if need be.

I think storming a basketball court and a football field are two different things. Basketball you're in a very tight enclosed space while on a football field there is room to get away if need be.
I didn’t mean to give you a shovel, but keep digging. 😉

(just teasing 😜)

Reactions: colbert17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT