ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Camping

The Amazon series is okay. I'm talking about the BBC TV series, post-Clarkson, et. al. The one with Matt LeBlanc. What a turd this guy is.

Not sure how I missed that option.

I guess because any show that had to replace an unlikeable British twit with Joey, from Friends is something you try to forget. Haven't watched it, and your review makes me feel even better about that decision.

Can you camp on the beach anywhere in NJ?
I don't know about NJ but if you camp on the beach once you will never do it again. Wind, sand, tents and cooking food over a fire/stove do not mix well.

I don't know about NJ but if you camp on the beach once you will never do it again. Wind, sand, tents and cooking food over a fire/stove do not mix well.

I did a long weekend at Assateague maybe 30 years ago. There were no bugs, to speak of, and the wind wasn't bad. The lack of firewood makes you 100% reliant on camp cooking gear. The horses can get a little annoying. Other than that, it was great.

I did a long weekend at Assateague maybe 30 years ago. There were no bugs, to speak of, and the wind wasn't bad. The lack of firewood makes you 100% reliant on camp cooking gear. The horses can get a little annoying. Other than that, it was great.
As you know there are certainly beach campsites in Florida. I must have caught a bad weekend.

As you know there are certainly beach campsites in Florida. I must have caught a bad weekend.

Perhaps. Or maybe bugs weren't a problem for me on my years-ago trip to Assateague because it was the first week of October.

But I definitely recommend the island to anyone who hasn't been there. They have signs telling you not to feed the horses. When I first saw the signs I envisioned people running around the beach, chasing after these poor ponies with Twizzlers or something.

Turns out, they come right up to you while you're eating and beg from the table like a dog. The signs become ironic because it's really impossible not to feed something that weighs the better part of half a ton and has just sat down next to you at dinner.

Reactions: FanuSanu52
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT