ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Going to Las Vegas For the 1st Time.

So many things within driving distance of Vegas. All of the sites mentioned above are great and there are many more. Don't think Hoover dam has been mentioned yet. Or Zion National Park.

OP is only going for the weekend so options are limited. I think adding our experiences here will help anybody planning a trip though.

So many things within driving distance of Vegas. All of the sites mentioned above are great and there are many more. Don't think Hoover dam has been mentioned yet. Or Zion National Park.

OP is only going for the weekend so options are limited. I think adding our experiences here will help anybody planning a trip though.
I believe he said no car.

Reactions: Lerxst72
Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay… great Wagyu burgers

Skyfall lounge Delano… great view of strip..you can just get drinks

High Roller Wheel at Linq…30 minute merry go round-type wheel with or without drinking. Can get crowded inside cabin but great views at night. Unlimited drinks in 30 minutes if you want to get buzzed quickly.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you want the full on, over the top Vegas type, then there have been a lot of good recommendations made.

I went about a year ago with Skillethead Jr, and while Moms Skillethead was taking a break in the action, we went to Circa on Fremont Street because he wanted to play some poker table games at $5 - $10 instead of $25 at most of the high end places. We sat down first at their mile long bar and had some drinks while the bartender chatted with us and then put on an absolutely dazzling liqour bottle juggling display. We played the games embedded in the bar for about an hour, and he comped us the drinks, which was nice. And then we played some crazy three card poker games and won a bit of money. They also have an absolutely gigantic sports betting arena. I would really recommend going there, and I'm usually in Vegas for the flash.

Reactions: Lerxst72 and Jm0513
I believe he said no car.
I know, the OP is only there for the weekend. His time will be spent checking out the major sites in town . I added those things for others maybe thinking of heading out there. Just pointing out the crazy amount of cool stuff nearby.

I know, the OP is only there for the weekend. His time will be spent checking out the major sites in town . I added those things for others maybe thinking of heading out there. Just pointing out the crazy amount of cool stuff nearby.
I’llallowit.gif 👍

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT