ADVERTISEMENT

OT: CFP Texas/Washington Sugar Bowl

They didn’t run there and for a change they should have just to kill some clock.

Grubb and DeBoer are good but sometimes a little confusing. Could have Texas use their 2nd TO there.

Earlier when they were running it and getting stuffed on 3 straight runs is when I thought it would be better to throw.

Still in good shape up 9 but could be even in better shape.

Reactions: Knight Shift
You can't be serious about Penix - he's throwing darts and dimes.
He's good but not great - long balls are like MTA locals.
Give him RU guys and see how good he is.
Wash guys just suck-up anything near them

If he had RU's guys, the ball would be thrown near them instead of over their heads, assuming that such plays would actually be called.

When I read that horrible take I immediately had 3-4 names in mind before I looked at who posted it, and sure enough, it was one of “the usuals”.

Penix has 33 TDs and 9 INTs
Nix has 40 TDs and 3 INTs
Caleb Williams has 30 TDs and 5 INTs
Shedeur Sanders has 27 TDs and 3 INTs - and that's with no OL and sacks galore.

Penix has GREAT WRs that make him look better than he is.
9 INTs is too many for the talent around him

Why are they running it,just kneel on the ball. What are you getting by running it unless you think you have a good shot at the first down.

Penix has 33 TDs and 9 INTs
Nix has 40 TDs and 3 INTs
Caleb Williams has 30 TDs and 5 INTs
Shedeur Sanders has 27 TDs and 3 INTs - and that's with no OL and sacks galore.

Penix has GREAT WRs that make him look better than he is.
9 INTs is too many for the talent around him
So, it sunk in that your take was moronic based on this game, so now you are going to try to distract with irrelevant season long numbers?

That injury saved 30+ seconds for Texas and the penalty puts them at the 30 or so - it's possible...
In what universe does it make any sense for the game clock to not resume along with the play clock on the refs whistle after an injury?! A player gets injured and that makes the clock start with the snap? What kind of insane rule is that?

So dumb for UW to even be in this position at all. Unbelievably bad decisions by DeBoer and Grubb.

Last edited:
If they do win Texas has no business winning this. Should have been ball game

In what universe does it make any sense for the game clock to not resume along with the play clock on the refs whistle after an injury?! A player gets injured and that makes the clock start with the snap? What kind of insane rule is that?
It is but they shouldn’t have put themselves in that situation. Just kneel the ball a few times and then punt. Should’ve made them use their 2nd TO before the FGA to go up 9. Very bad decisions by a coach I think is smart.

It shouldn’t have even happened. They should have kneeled on the ball and they shouldn’t have thrown on 3rd down before their FGA to go up 9. Some very bad decisions to put them in this situation.
Agree on the throws in the previous possession, but disagree on the last possession (mildly), as you can't worry that much about an injury like that and getting a 1st down ends it, while not getting a 1st down would've left close to 20 seconds on the clock.

Whew UW is so lucky to survive a bunch bad decisions.

Another dramatic ending though lol. Two dramatic semifinals

So, it sunk in that your take was moronic based on this game, so now you are going to try to distract with irrelevant season long numbers?

You just dont no passing game at all.
TDs, INTs, sacks, completion % (Penix is low) are only irrelevant to clueless fans (of which their are many round here)

He's overrated.

When a WR beats his man downfield and has to wait four seconds for the ball its a BIG issue

Agree on the throws in the previous possession, but disagree on the last possession (mildly), as you can't worry that much about an injury like that and getting a 1st down ends it, while not getting a 1st down would've left close to 20 seconds on the clock.
Forget about the injury you’d risk a fumble too which is what got Miami against GT.

Just kill the clock as much as possible and punt. Make them burn their TOs too. They weren’t likely scoring a TD on that 3rd down from that far out.

Reactions: RUinBoston
It is but they shouldn’t have put themselves in that situation. Just kneel the ball a few times and then punt. Should’ve made them use their 2nd TO before the FGA to go up 9. Very bad decisions by a coach I think is smart.
Sure…but again…my player gets injured…and the clock I’m trying to bleed doesn’t resume when there’s plenty of play clock left? There is no possible rationalization for that rule. In fact it’s very explicitly bad for player safety as it would encourage a severely injured player to drag themselves off the field if they were aware of such a dumabass rule. It incentivizes the defense to create an injury on the offense as long as they don’t get caught!

Except for fumble risk, and also someone playing injured is more likely to be hurt on any given play.

That was a blunder.

In this one instance, I believe many fans DID know better than coaches that get paid to do this. Say what you want about Greg, but he could teach end of game winning classes regarding how to bleed a clock.

We disagree completely, as he's a great passer (and not just today). He'd be a top 5 pick if not for his injury history. I think he'll have major NFL success, if he can stay healthy. We can revisit this in a year or two.

Two great games - both were terrific advertisements for the CFP. I'm already looking forward to the 12-team playoff next year.

Meanwhile. Big Ten 2-0, SEC 0-2.

Is it me or did the Texas RT hold on at least 50% of the plays? I can't count the number of times he had his arm hooked under the chin of the DE. He looked like he was one move away from throwiing on a "sleeper hold".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT