ADVERTISEMENT

OT: CFP Texas/Washington Sugar Bowl

Shocked that he missed that throw which wasn’t easy but easier than some other throws of his. Of no consequence they score on the next play lol.

Well the 4th down gamble in their own end pays off for UW with a TD

Am I supposed to be "relived" that we play Washington next year instead of one of OSU, UM or PSU?
I think I'd rather take those 3 next year instead of swapping in Washington.

Am I supposed to be "relived" that we play Washington next year instead of one of OSU, UM or PSU?
I think I'd rather take those 3 next year instead of swapping in Washington.
Well let’s hope they can’t easily replace 7 guys expected to go in the 1st 4 rounds of the NFL draft. Especially on offense where 3 wrs., the QB and a tackle are leaving

Well let’s hope they can’t easily replace 7 guys expected to go in the 1st 4 rounds.
Especially on offense where 3 wrs., the QB and a tackle are leaving

Hopefully.
But that happens with PSU, OSU and UM every year and they never seem to fall off.

Just thinking the hope for an easier schedule in 2024 without OSU, PSU, UM could end up being “the grass is always greener” because Washington and USC have been out of sight/out of mind and not on our usual schedule.

Reactions: koleszar
Hopefully.
But that happens with PSU, OSU and UM every year and they never seem to fall off.

Just thinking the hope for an easier schedule in 2024 without OSU, PSU, UM could end up being “the grass is always greener” because Washington and USC have been out of sight/out of mind and not on our usual schedule.
Yeah I don’t get the easier schedule talk next year either.

Split screen on ESPN2 really sucks. Hope that's an experiment that doesn't catch on. Go Huskies!

Nice methodical drive down the field and pinpoint TD right between the safeties lol.

Ooh could be costly mistake for Texas for UW to break serve if they can get a TD

His pinpoint throws would be quite dangerous for other qbs. He just threads the needle so effortlessly.

I don’t know why they’re running it as much as they do down in the redzone. I think they should throw more despite the fact the field is shrunk.

They got stuffed last time and stuffed again this time. Penix and the WRs are your best weapons, use them.

Agree with this and I’d kick the FG here to go up two scores.

Penix will be a great NFL QB, IMO, as he's incredibly accurate and also has great touch, plus he has excellent pocket awareness and usually scrambles to throw, although he can get some yards running if he has to, plus he's good at making multiple reads. The rules protecting QBs should really help him not get injured as easily, too. That dart between the two safeties was a thing of beauty and the same for a couple of those long balls dropped in the bucket.

Don’t run it down here now, keep using the guys who got you downfield. They’ve been stuffed the last couple times they ran it too much in this area.

Reactions: Knight Shift
12:39 TOP and only 5 plays for Texas in the 3rd qtr. Ball control doesn’t have to be just ground and pound and it can still put some points on the board.

He was wide open, if that was on the money like usual that’s a TD but still a PI. A TD here on this drive and it’ll be very hard for Texas, even a FG would be quite tough as they’d go up 16.

It’s funny he’s had pretty good protection in these last couple plays but they haven’t connected on any of them and now punting. They had a chance to put them away after that fumble but didn’t do it.

He was wide open, if that was on the money like usual that’s a TD but still a PI. A TD here on this drive and it’ll be very hard for Texas, even a FG would be quite tough as they’d go up 16.
Texas defense doing its part to stay in game. Let's see what the offense has. Flood needs to dial up some magic. 😉

Sort of puts accuracy into perspective, doesn't it?
IIRC, it's not the long passes (which are few and far between) that are Gavin's biggest issue. It's the short "easy" passes. So he may compare favorably on that stat. No, not saying he is anywhere near Penix, who is in an elite class.

For the people bashing Joe Buck in the other thread, I can't comprehend how any of you would prefer these two boring dolts calling the game.

Texas threatening again. They can move the ball if they have it for one and don’t make a mistake two lol. UW can still regret doing nothing with it when they had it. They didn’t take any time off the clock when they had it.

Texas threatening again. They can move the ball if they have it for one and don’t make a mistake two lol. UW can still regret doing nothing with it when they had it. They didn’t take any time off the clock when they had it.
There you go and it’s a close 1 score game again where a TD can beat you.

34-28 UW

That TD pass would have soared over RU WRs and fans would have cussed

Washington WR sare unreal.
Penix isn't that good either (moon balls)

Just getting a FG here is big too to go up 9. A TD and it would likely be over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT