ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cubs vs Tribe

Cubs could still choke it away. Remember 2003. Indians-Dodgers still a possibility at this point.

am hoping for the same result, but don't count your chickens before they're hatched. It would not be unprecedented for a team to come home up 3-2 in a series, and then lose both games at home.

Cubs losing is still a very real possibility. You have Kershaw and then an anything can happen game 7.

Cubs could still choke it away. Remember 2003. Indians-Dodgers still a possibility at this point.

We've had an Indians-Dodgers world series before (1920, the Indians won; that was the world series with the unassisted triple play.) But we've never had Indians/Cubs. Aside from 1920, the Indians have appeared only in 1948 (Braves), 1954 (Giants) and 1997 (Marlins). Cubs have appeared ten times -- 1906 (White Sox), 1907-1908-1935-1945 (Tigers), 1910-1929 (A's), 1918 (Red Sox) and 1932-1938 (Yankees).

Opening day and Championship Ring Ceremony for the Caveliers is the same day as Game 1 of the World Series in Cleveland (the Q and Progressive field are right next to each other). Cleveland can't handle this level of sports success.

Opening day and Championship Ring Ceremony for the Caveliers is the same day as Game 1 of the World Series in Cleveland (the Q and Progressive field are right next to each other). Cleveland can't handle this level of sports success.

For me it's shaping up to be the Battle of the Yankees closers....Andrew Miller vs. Aroldis Chapman.
I sure hope we got some talent for those two.

We've had an Indians-Dodgers world series before (1920, the Indians won; that was the world series with the unassisted triple play.) But we've never had Indians/Cubs. Aside from 1920, the Indians have appeared only in 1948 (Braves), 1954 (Giants) and 1997 (Marlins). Cubs have appeared ten times -- 1906 (White Sox), 1907-1908-1935-1945 (Tigers), 1910-1929 (A's), 1918 (Red Sox) and 1932-1938 (Yankees).

Indians were also in the '95 WS (lost to Braves)

Cubs were up 3-2 when the Bartman game happened.
It's less about that stuff and more about facing two pitchers who just held them scoreless. This series is far from over. Sometimes it only takes two pitchers on their game to win a series, like Arizona vs. the Yanks with Shilling and Johnson.

For me it's shaping up to be the Battle of the Yankees closers....Andrew Miller vs. Aroldis Chapman.
I sure hope we got some talent for those two.
Wasn't that your whole point about being sellers? There is NO WAY the Yankees will EVER get equal or better production from who they got in those trades. Can you say fleeced? With that said, you better resign Josh Brown, I mean Chapman, and yes I know,the Mets exercised the option on Reyes,lol.

Can anyone explain why Carlos Ruiz was batting clean up last night? Firstly he's not very good. Secondly he was 0 for 16 lifetime against Lester

Last edited:
Cubs were up 3-2 when the Bartman game happened.
Dodgers should buy that guy front row seats in the outfield. Make sure that camera guy shows him. Cubs fans will crap their pants. All the negative mojo will help the Dodgers win.

And you know this, exactly, how? The entire baseball world applauded both these deals and Cashman (finally...) for orchestrating them.
Because law of averages say so.Baseball prospects are and always have been the biggest crap shoot in sports. There is a 1000% better chance at being right on prospects in Basketball and football. You already know you gave up the scariest closer in ALL of baseball in Chapman, and the MVP of the ALCS. That's a huge return you'll need to even break even.That's exactly how I know.

It would be hilarious if the Dodgers ponied up for Bartmann to occupy a box, and wouldn't it drive Chicago nuts.

BTW -- If the Cubbies lose tonight, how could they possibly NOT fold up in game 7?

Either city might burn down regardless of outcome...we're talking Chicago and Cleveland...

Except the cavs already won a championship and the city didn't burn down. We did have 3 million people come for the parade however, and it still there was no trouble.

Would be cool to have a Cubs Cleveland Word Series. On a side note, Theo has to be the best GM/President of any team in any major sport. He just knows how to build a team. Heck the Jets should hire him as he couldn't do any worse than what they have had for the last 40+ years.

Reactions: redking
Because law of averages say so.Baseball prospects are and always have been the biggest crap shoot in sports. There is a 1000% better chance at being right on prospects in Basketball and football. You already know you gave up the scariest closer in ALL of baseball in Chapman, and the MVP of the ALCS. That's a huge return you'll need to even break even.That's exactly how I know.

Listen - I get it - and odds are you might be right, but, that doesn't mean you will be. That being said, GO CUBS, and let's get Chapman back this winter lol!

You will never know if they got equal value for Chapman, and it makes no difference really,
he will be a free agent whether we traded him or not, so getting something for him
is of value. Now Miller is another story if Frasier is a bust, then we got screwed.

It would be hilarious if the Dodgers ponied up for Bartmann to occupy a box, and wouldn't it drive Chicago nuts.

BTW -- If the Cubbies lose tonight, how could they possibly NOT fold up in game 7?
I guess we'll never know.

Dodgers should buy that guy front row seats in the outfield. Make sure that camera guy shows him. Cubs fans will crap their pants. All the negative mojo will help the Dodgers win.
Most of these Cubs were what, 10 when that happened. Wasn't Bartman's fault anyway. None of that crap matters. If you don't pitch and field well you lose.

You will never know if they got equal value for Chapman, and it makes no difference really,
he will be a free agent whether we traded him or not, so getting something for him
is of value. Now Miller is another story if Frasier is a bust, then we got screwed.
Some say the other prospect is as good. Tough call but I think the Yanks had to make the deal.

Yeah....right. Like you were crying when the mets dumped Dickey for Syndergaard and Johnny Bench. Miller was doing well for the Yanks when they traded him and had another season left on his contract. I thought it was a mistake. Barring injury (which can happen to any player) he looked to be capable of providing solid production at a key spot on the roster for years to come. I don't think they would have had trouble resigning him after the 2017 season. Hopefully, the Yankees got something good in return for Miller. Time will tell.
BTW, it sorta looks like the Yanks decided both pennant races with the moving of their two bullpen aces. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if they had NOT moved the two of them and instead have just dumped Tex and A-Rod and brought up Sanchez and Judge.

Yeah....right. Like you were crying when the mets dumped Dickey for Syndergaard and Johnny Bench. Miller was doing well for the Yanks when they traded him and had another season left on his contract. I thought it was a mistake. Barring injury (which can happen to any player) he looked to be capable of providing solid production at a key spot on the roster for years to come. I don't think they would have had trouble resigning him after the 2017 season. Hopefully, the Yankees got something good in return for Miller. Time will tell.
BTW, it sorta looks like the Yanks decided both pennant races with the moving of their two bullpen aces. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if they had NOT moved the two of them and instead have just dumped Tex and A-Rod and brought up Sanchez and Judge.
I thought Miller has two more seasons left after this year, no?

A buddy of mine, who grew up in Chicago, has waited for this day for, well, decades, and has been putting away some $ for the event. He has an amazing infield seat for tonight's game.

Reactions: RUPete
A buddy of mine, who grew up in Chicago, has waited for this day for, well, decades, and has been putting away some $ for the event. He has an amazing infield seat for tonight's game.

Cubs really up against it now.
They're probably working up their offer to Cespedes right now.

Don't forget 1984. In the NLCS Cubs were up 2-0 in best of five. Lost the next two to the Padres. In game five they went up 3-0 with Sutcliffe on the mound who was 16-1. Final score Padres 5 Cubs 3
Had to mention that for obvious reasons.

Cubs are looking as pathetic as they did against the Mets last year. This is good since I am rooting for the Indians. On a side note, curious as to who occupies Bartman's old seat.

Cleveland fans not celebrating just yet, they know all too well a 3-1 series lead is no guarantee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT