ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA FINAL FOUR: Championship Game Thread

At the end of the day, they don't care about viewership, only money. If they got more money from CBS, it would be on CBS. If they got more money by starting the game earlier on the East Coast, they would do that.

If they knew they could do something next year that would triple their revenue, and cut viewership in half, they would likely do it in a heartbeat.
I have to think this isn't true. Viewership likely impacts the next deal, doesn't it? Wouldn't lower viewership create a less attractive product for the networks who bid on the tournament in the future?

I have to think this isn't true. Viewership likely impacts the next deal, doesn't it? Wouldn't lower viewership create a less attractive product for the networks who bid on the tournament in the future?
If a streaming service decided to drop big bank on a multi-year deal for the tournament, outspending any of the network or cable services, you don't think they would jump at that?

If a streaming service decided to drop big bank on a multi-year deal for the tournament, outspending any of the network or cable services, you don't think they would jump at that?
That's not what was said. I'm responding to "At the end of the day, they don't care about viewership, only money."
This, to me, appears extremely short-sighted.

That's not what was said. I'm responding to "At the end of the day, they don't care about viewership, only money."
This, to me, appears extremely short-sighted.
Not saying it isn't short sighted, but if the decision is between revenue and viewership, they're going revenue nearly every time.

The NCAA opted out of their deal with CBS alone to go with a different (and more lucrative) contact shared between CBS and TBS, where TBS has gotten the final four and championship in even numbered years since 2016 (even though that means less viewership in those years).

That deal runs through 2032.

I know it's a point made by a troll, but obviously recruiting in a small conference is going to be different than recruiting in a power conference. In a small conference the basketball prestige / program pedigree of EVERY school is, to round numbers, zero. So then yes, recruiting success is mostly a function of the coach.

But if you believe recruiting success is ONLY a function of the coach then I guess you must be scratching your head wondering why Hurley was able to win championships at UConn but not Wagner or URI.
Ostrich96’s point that the accused troll curb stomped easily is that ‘inadequate foundation’ is a legit external excuse for coach failures . That cannot be, since Ostrich then contradicts himself suggesting coaches are responsible for building foundations. Hurley did what he did at URI and Wagner all by himself and the foundation crumbled the day he left.

Sure, better programs compete for better recruits but it is the coach selling the opportunity that matters more than anything else. The troll didn’t say the coach is the only factor, but the major factor.

People saying cam will Have an nba career i think are smoking crack
Are you saying Ray Allen is smoking crack?

When asked if Cam is an NBA player, Ray answered, "hell, yeah."

Ray added, “I mean, he can shoot it, he’s tough. I don’t understand why a team wouldn’t draft him because he’s proven that he’s got this. That’s all that matters.”

Ray is a Basketball Hall of Famer and held the NBA three pointer record for ten years until Steph broke it.

Are you saying Ray Allen is smoking crack?

When asked if Cam is an NBA player, Ray answered, "hell, yeah."

Ray added, “I mean, he can shoot it, he’s tough. I don’t understand why a team wouldn’t draft him because he’s proven that he’s got this. That’s all that matters.”

Ray is a Basketball Hall of Famer and held the NBA three pointer record for ten years until Steph broke it.
Cannot confirm, however I suspect he's smoking crack

Ostrich96’s point that the accused troll curb stomped easily is that ‘inadequate foundation’ is a legit external excuse for coach failures . That cannot be, since Ostrich then contradicts himself suggesting coaches are responsible for building foundations. Hurley did what he did at URI and Wagner all by himself and the foundation crumbled the day he left.

Sure, better programs compete for better recruits but it is the coach selling the opportunity that matters more than anything else. The troll didn’t say the coach is the only factor, but the major factor.
So you are in fact scratching your head wondering why Hurley was able to win championships at UConn but not Wagner and URI?

And… why do you think that is?
you've lost your way. Ostrich96 suggested coaches can't be blamed for foundation shortcomings even though he said coaches are responsible for creating the foundations. That's circular stupidity.

Whatever else you're bringing into the discussion is irrelevant to anything I've said. I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

you've lost your way. Ostrich96 suggested coaches can't be blamed for foundation shortcomings even though he said coaches are responsible for creating the foundations. That's circular stupidity.

Whatever else you're bringing into the discussion is irrelevant to anything I've said. I don't have any idea what you're talking about.
Why are you talking to me about another poster’s posts? I don’t care, bring it up with whoever this ostrich guy is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT