ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cyber attack at Rutgers

Rutgers85

Senior
Jul 5, 2014
Rutgers sources tell NBC news that the computer system has been hacked from China and Ukraine. WTF?

This post was edited on 3/29 9:25 PM by Rutgers85

Re: OT: Cyber attack at Rutger

Yep, I got an email about it. I've been having trouble logging in and now i know why.

Can we finally get some leaks about the investment plan for the Men's BB programs?

A little misleading. A botnet that has mostly infected computers located in China and the Ukraine has been launching a DDoS on Sakai, CAS, and the Rutgers WiFi equipment since Friday.

Quite annoying.

They hit our local elementary school and encrypted everything during the time they were giving the PARCC. Had to cancel them and bring in a ton of experts to sort it out.

Sakai is voluntarily shut down externally. Will be brought up once the DDoS is taken care of.

I'm sure they're just having a little fun until the real attacks come................

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:
They hit our local elementary school and encrypted everything during the time they were giving the PARCC. Had to cancel them and bring in a ton of experts to sort it out.
A hack and a DDoS are very different things.

I don't know if it is related but two weeks ago, Rutgers ordered 10's of thousands of $$$ of computer equipment from us. We were notified by FBI after order was placed, that it was a phoney order...

The problem seems to have been solved, at least for Rutgers faculty. A system that didn't work all weekend is now operational, thus making it possible for my students to look at their assignments for this week.

Jerry: Kudos

Nice turn of phrase.

MO
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by yesrutgers01:
I don't know if it is related but two weeks ago, Rutgers ordered 10's of thousands of $$$ of computer equipment from us. We were notified by FBI after order was placed, that it was a phoney order...
nothing-to-see-here-gif.gif

Jesus that's horrifying. I know I'm not alone but this whole underworld of hackers that can control everything just scares the piss out of me. They can literally do whatever they want.

Originally posted by babbs09:
Jesus that's horrifying. I know I'm not alone but this whole underworld of hackers that can control everything just scares the piss out of me. They can literally do whatever they want.
Relax Babbs. It's just a script kiddie.

I don't even know what u just said Pratyk. I'm not a kid nor do I find cyber attacks/terrorism to be funny. But thanks for your contribution.

A DDoS is the internet equivalent of a bunch of noisy teenagers showing up and making so much noise that you can't get anything done

So does this mean we just injected our own virus, The RUScrew, into China and Ukraine??

Originally posted by babbs09:
I don't even know what u just said Pratyk. I'm not a kid nor do I find cyber attacks/terrorism to be funny. But thanks for your contribution.
Try googling before you post IMO.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=script+kiddie

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT