ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dammit, looks like Tennessee found a coach

Makes you wonder what Phil Fulmer thinks of Tee Martin. And although this specific situation was amusing, watch out for those 17th-choice references. I seem to recall one of our basketball searches going roughly that long.

Anyone who thought they would get Flood II was dreaming. I hope they go unbeaten in the SEC and lose all four nonconference games. I'd love that.

Very good choice for Tennessee and this is the route they should have went from the beginning.

Looks like he will stay with Alabama to coach the playoff game. I hated it when Ash did this to us, but am definitely enjoying it happening it to TN. Hopefully there are a couple of surprising early signings that go against TN.

Yeah poor Tennessee, they only have seven 4-star recruits.I'd much rather have our "stability" and diamonds in the rough that CA has brought. I thought we had one 4-star but apparently the QB got downgraded to three after he committed to us. LOL

I mentioned there wasn't an early signing period in the past but 4-8 is what it was under Jones, not sure it's as dire as the record may indicate though.

The cupboard isn't bare, according to recruiting rankings at least, and before this year even Jones who I wasn't impressed with was winning 9 games and .500 or better in the SEC. So I think if he's any good a coach with a decent staff he should be able to add at least 3 games to that 4-8 record. Mind you haven't looked at their schedule.

It's somewhat like a Harbaugh and Hoke in my mind. Not that Pruitt has anywhere near the track record of Harbaugh when he took over Michigan but in the sense that the potential to hit the ground running in his first year is there like Harbaugh. Maybe not 9 wins but 7-8 seems doable.
The class rankings are what they are. It didn't seem to help their record so it does not look like the kids were developed in anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT