ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jim Harbaugh

Knightmancometh

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2023
What does everyone think Harbaugh does next?

Will he go to the NFL and try and win that Super Bowl that will put him into an elite status as football coach?

If he does go to the NFL, will he go to a team that is a complete rebuild like Carolina or New England? Or a team that's ready made like the Chargers?

Will he stay at Michigan and ride this tidal wave he has the Wolverines on now?

Open NFL Jobs: Carolina Panthers, LA Chargers, Atlanta Falcons, Washington Commanders

Pending NFL Jobs: Chicago Bears, Las Vegas Raiders, New Orleans Saints, Tennessee Titans

Will he go to the NFL and try and win that Super Bowl that will put him into an elite status as football coach?

If he does go to the NFL, will he go to a team that is a complete rebuild like Carolina or New England? Or a team that's ready made like the Chargers?

Open NFL Jobs: Carolina Panthers, LA Chargers, Atlanta Falcons, Washington Commanders

Pending NFL Jobs: Chicago Bears, Las Vegas Raiders, New Orleans Saints, Tennessee Titans
I say he leaves especially after the win, and of course he won’t be able to cheat next year as he is being watched carefully now.

I would think he’ll go to the NFL. I’ll go against the grain and throw the Commanders out there as an option. I could see Harris/Blitzer throwing the bag at him and he’d have a high enough draft pick to get his own QB in there. Bears wouldn’t shock me either. Chargers would be the best in terms of existing roster but I don’t think Spanos can get out of his own way.

I would think he’ll go to the NFL. I’ll go against the grain and throw the Commanders out there as an option. I could see Harris/Blitzer throwing the bag at him and he’d have a high enough draft pick to get his own QB in there. Bears wouldn’t shock me either. Chargers would be the best in terms of existing roster but I don’t think Spanos can get out of his own way.
Bears would be interesting... the pre-eminent legendary Midwest franchise that has fallen on hard time for a while now - and really has nowhere to go but up. If he likes Fields, it might be tempting.

Reactions: GORU2014
I think he goes but where I have no clue. Then the additional ? is who comes to UM?

Bears would be interesting... the pre-eminent legendary Midwest franchise that has fallen on hard time for a while now - and really has nowhere to go but up. If he likes Fields, it might be tempting.
Exactly, plus the option to bring in Williams at QB even if he doesn’t like Fields

Reactions: RU-Esq
NE just needs a QB. They have 72 mil in cap space and a good defense. Only lost 4 games double digits.
I just don't see why an Alpha Male like Harbaugh would want to step in after one of the great coaches of our time just won six SBs there.

I think someone like him would want to make his own mark.

He’s going to Disney Land

Plus he played there too.

Reactions: RU-Esq
NE just needs a QB. They have 72 mil in cap space and a good defense. Only lost 4 games double digits.
Just needs a QB?! That entire offense is abysmal. There's nobody on that side of the ball I would want on my team.

Now can 72 Million change your fortunes on offense, most definitely.

Just needs a QB?! That entire offense is abysmal. There's nobody on that side of the ball I would want on my team.

Now can 72 Million change your fortunes on offense, most definitely.
Oh I agree with the offense. Im just saying its starts with the QB

I just don't see why an Alpha Male like Harbaugh would want to step in after one of the great coaches of our time just won six SBs there.

I think someone like him would want to make his own mark.
I agree. Im just saying NE is more attractive job than people think.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
This National Championship win cements him with Michigan.
Michigan will offer him the years and money that will end any thought of leaving for NFL
He did what Michigan's greatest FB HC . Bo Schembechler, never accomplished:
>Win a National Championship<.
A few more years might see Harbaugh be considered better than BO.
The chance of being called the GOAT of Michigan's coaches might just keep him in Ann Arbor

This National Championship win cements him with Michigan.
Michigan will offer him the years and money that will end any thought of leaving for NFL
He did what Michigan's greatest FB HC . Bo Schembechler, never accomplished:
>Win a National Championship<.
A few more years might see Harbaugh be considered better than BO.
The chance of being called the GOAT of Michigan's coaches might just keep him in Ann Arbor
Isn’t he still under investigation for that cheating he did ? How will that play into it ?

I think he goes to the NFL.

Chargers seems obvious, but I dunno — zero fan base, pretty dysfunctional organization.

I could see Washington backing up the truck to get him. Jim & John both in the DC Metro area.

Or how about an off-the-wall scenario: Dallas gets smoked at home this weekend. Jerry Jones flies off the handle, fires McCarthy, and does whatever it takes to get Harbaugh.

if he is going to the NFL and has a choice of teams he is going to the Chargers. They have the most important piece.

NFL. He's achieved the highest achivement in college football and Michigan fans will now expect him to win every year. Also, leaving for the NFL allows him to avoid any penalties for stealing signs, since, of course, the NFL won't care. Once upon a time they might've cared not to take on a guy caught cheating but today rules don't matter anywhere

Reactions: RUEd
Isn’t he still under investigation for that cheating he did ? How will that play into it ?
Michigan will accept any punishment while backing Harbaugh and I expect him to get a slap on the wrist because the NCAA isn't going to take the National Championship away from Michigan or claim the National Championship winning HC was a cheater.
The NCAA will fine Michigan and suspend Harbaugh for the first two game in 2024 for not controlling the actions of his staff members , but will absolve him of knowing what Connor Stalions was doing

Michigan will accept any punishment while backing Harbaugh and I expect him to get a slap on the wrist because the NCAA isn't going to take the National Championship away from Michigan or claim the National Championship winning HC was a cheater.
The NCAA will fine Michigan and suspend Harbaugh for the first two game in 2024 for not controlling the actions of his staff members , but will absolve him of knowing what Connor Stalions was doing
What a joke

People are overplaying the cheating scandal as everyone admits that all teams try to steal signs. They took it too another level but nothing like Houston in baseball

Reactions: ashokan
The Titans owner isn’t too bright, he just fired a very good HC. They don’t grow on trees. I think Harbaugh will leave Mich and get the Chargers job, possibly the Washington job . As a Jet fan, I hope Vabrel does not end up with the New England job, which is possible.

Bears are notoriously cheap - like the Bengals

The fact that he hasn’t closed the door on the NFL means he still wants to go and it might just depend on if he thinks the situation is right for him. He was interviewing with the Vikings last season iirc and they didn’t offer him or he would’ve gone.

I think he might be in the catbird’s seat this year though if he wants to go. I don’t follow the NFL anymore to know which team is the best situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT