ADVERTISEMENT

OT: disappointing basketball season but some good news

Southern Gentleman

All American
Aug 10, 2011
Well it was an ugly season in basketball down South in Razorback nation. Despite having a bunch of talent, we had very little in the way of results that made me smile. At least Rutgers had some impressive wins! Coach Mussellman is as frustrated as any coach I have seen, and with good reason. IF he doesn’t leave, and IF our better players return, we might be decent NEXT year.

However, I am happy that BOTH the men’s and women’s indoor track and field teams won the National Championships this week!

Well it was an ugly season in basketball down South in Razorback nation. Despite having a bunch of talent, we had very little in the way of results that made me smile. At least Rutgers had some impressive wins! Coach Mussellman is as frustrated as any coach I have seen, and with good reason. IF he doesn’t leave, and IF our better players return, we might be decent NEXT year.

However, I am happy that BOTH the men’s and women’s indoor track and field teams won the National Championships this week!

Not today.

Finally got the result you wanted!

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
It’s March Madness baby! Anything can happen!

And I apologize to y’all about posting about the Hogs winning in track on the day Rutgers was disrespected regarding the tourney.
But you said u want a new coach. Lol. Sounds like many people around here! 🤦🏻‍♂️

But you said u want a new coach. Lol. Sounds like many people around here! 🤦🏻‍♂️
No! I like Coach. The players absolutely love him. He can recruit AND coach. BUT, the team hasn’t played like a team much of this season. Nick Smith, Jr needs to come back for another year. We need to recruit a couple of big men instead of playing 4 guards and a forward.
Happy to be in sweet 16 but there are so many really good teams left that I imagine our run might be short-lived.

@Southern Gentleman - quite sure you don't need to be told to ignore some of our very own trolls Great win over Kansas and was so happy to see Musselman celebrate with your fans

Question for you which you may have answered with your flag comments but:

Do any other fanbases hold you in high regard, almost similar to the cult -like status you have achieved here in the last decade

Soooooie

The Hogs showed up yesterday. That was an excellent win. I have watched a few Ark games this year and the team always looked dangerous. They put one together yesterday. Now let’s see if they can do it again. Good luck!

Last edited:
@Southern Gentleman - quite sure you don't need to be told to ignore some of our very own trolls Great win over Kansas and was so happy to see Musselman celebrate with your fans

Question for you which you may have answered with your flag comments but:

Do any other fanbases hold you in high regard, almost similar to the cult -like status you have achieved here in the last decade

Soooooie
LOL. I ONLY participate on TKR. I like y’all. educated, witty, some are downright funny as hell. Athletically, Rutgers and Arkansas have similar fan bases. We can be the Charlie Brown’s of our respective conferences at times, unfortunately.

i dont talk to any other fan base, even Arkansas’s. I was permanently banned from the Arkansas message board a few years ago for speaking the truth. At least that is my story and I am sticking with it.

Are you just making stuff up as you go?
Most RU fans are likely indifferent, at best, toward Arkansas. Perhaps some have adopted but in no way is it most.
Do it the right way in the SEC? 😆
Ahhhh, a Scarlet Knight fan living in texass. It seems the UT burnt orange is working its way in to your thinking. Self righteousness is not a good look on you.

@Southern Gentleman is always welcome here in my book. Ten years ago when we went to Arkansas on the front end of our home-and-home with them, the Hogs fans showed us how to be welcoming to other fan bases. Many of us had only been contentious toward opposing fans, and it was an eye-opener for many of us that fans can actually enjoy being with the other team as long as folks are convivial. @Southern Gentleman has always been that.

@DJ Spanky Good work with the hauling business on this one.

Last edited:
@Southern Gentleman lives up to his name both here on the boards & in real life. He's a Razorback fan first & a RU fan second as evidenced by the RU flag he flies alongside the Razorback flag on his back deck.
Those of us who made the trip to Fayetteville were embraced by the Razorback fans with respect, kindness & true southern hospitality. We all have a story of someone going above & beyond just to show us a good time.
I take personal offense to anyone disrespecting SG.

LOL. I ONLY participate on TKR. I like y’all. educated, witty, some are downright funny as hell. Athletically, Rutgers and Arkansas have similar fan bases. We can be the Charlie Brown’s of our respective conferences at times, unfortunately.

i dont talk to any other fan base, even Arkansas’s. I was permanently banned from the Arkansas message board a few years ago for speaking the truth. At least that is my story and I am sticking with it.
I identify as either Linus... or Schroeder.

MO

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT