ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Does anyone still have one use plastic grocery bags left?

LOL at all of the fake outrage. Dumb people forget their bags so buy more each time???

When you go to Costco or Sams you never got a bag and just wheeled your car to your car and put your groceries in a bag. So hard you snowflakes can't manage that at shoprite or wegmans. Weakest people ever.

No garbage blowing around now like there used to be the law is doing exactly what was intended some people just can't adjust.

did you even read the article
Expecting fg to use facts is a pipe dream.
And any garbage blowing around is because New Jersey is full of slobs.
I have lived in 5 states. Here and in South and in Midwest.
Drive around any New Jersey jughandle and look at all the garbage there from people just tossing crap out their window. Look at all the "Adopted Miles" on our highways that have to be cleaned up because of same. I never saw that to any significant degree at my other homes.

Drive around any New Jersey jughandle and look at all the garbage there from people just tossing crap out their window. Look at all the "Adopted Miles" on our highways that have to be cleaned up because of same. I never saw that to any significant degree at my other homes.
Same here in my neighborhood there isn’t any trash on the streets

To be clear, you don’t believe some people on the right side of the political spectrum, especially on the fringe, are being misled and seem to not care?
I think people who lack purpose, family, or are mentally not well look for things to grasp on to for a sense of belonging. But I’m looking for policy. I wouldn’t care if crazy people thought banning bags would help. Trenton actually did it

baggers??? the only time I see baggers by us is when one of the local HS teams is bagging to generate donations

Both the Oakland and Wayne ShopRites plus the Stop & Plops used to have baggers, but they're gone now.

I am shocked as well sometimes seeing the amount of trash along the roads especially when i drive through Philly

so great....its all phony and there is always a segment who eats the crap they serve up as helping save the world hahaha

Well, technically the bags didn’t end up in a landfill or the ocean, where’d they’d take a century to decompose, so not so bad.

Would behoove the grocery stores to accept them back since like most, I now have a ton of them in the pantry.

Would behoove the grocery stores to accept them back since like most, I now have a ton of them in the pantry.

Pre-pandemic ShopRite, at least, had a drop off point where you could return the bags for recycling. I remember a few months after the pandemic hit trying to do that, and was told they wouldn't take them anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
To be clear, you don’t believe some people on the right side of the political spectrum, especially on the fringe, are being misled and seem to not care?
I don’t believe anyone injected bleach or whatever their leader was suggesting. And Fauci BS was through two administrations…

Reactions: goru1869
Pre-pandemic ShopRite, at least, had a drop off point where you could return the bags for recycling. I remember a few months after the pandemic hit trying to do that, and was told they wouldn't take them anymore.

I believe @RUDiddy777 is talking about stores taking back reusable bags.
(I also would use the plastic bag recycle box outside our local ACME).

Every Whole Foods delivery comes with 10-20 brand new reusable bags.
Same for Shop Rite.

We have bags in both cars in case we go into a store.
We literally don’t need anymore.
Certainly not 20 new ones a month.

But we just got a new set yesterday.
These stores have to figure out an exchange to take back these branded reusable bags and reuse them.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
As I said, they also great for picking up dog crap from our dogs. Put a real crimp in our style when they got banned. We now buy them in bulk off Amazon. They look like bags from a Chinese takeout place. LOL.
I usually used the bags for when chucking corn or if I was grooming our German Shepherd and have a place to put his fur as I did it.
Always too many holes in the for dog poop pickup. And dog poop bag are cheap anyway. And when I was single great for small garbage cans but no way in hell is a bathroom garbage being lined with a shopping bag now. Wife would have my head.

Reactions: RUDiddy777

My condo had bins (separate) for plastic bags, glass & aluminum. Town picked them up. Still has the glass and aluminum, but not bags.

I don’t believe anyone injected bleach or whatever their leader was suggesting. And Fauci BS was through two administrations…
You mean everyone’s President and we said policy but carry on.

I usually used the bags for when chucking corn or if I was grooming our German Shepherd and have a place to put his fur as I did it.
Always too many holes in the for dog poop pickup. And dog poop bag are cheap anyway. And when I was single great for small garbage cans but no way in hell is a bathroom garbage being lined with a shopping bag now. Wife would have my head.

Oh you gotta check the bottom of the bag for sure before taking it out on your walk. LOL.

I just checked too, seems dog poop bags are now cheaper on Amazon than the cheap plastic bags. Learn something new everyday.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I believe @RUDiddy777 is talking about stores taking back reusable bags.
(I also would use the plastic bag recycle box outside our local ACME).

Every Whole Foods delivery comes with 10-20 brand new reusable bags.
Same for Shop Rite.

We have bags in both cars in case we go into a store.
We literally don’t need anymore.
Certainly not 20 new ones a month.

But we just got a new set yesterday.
These stores have to figure out an exchange to take back these branded reusable bags and reuse them.

Exactly. The challenge was the behavioral change - no one had a habit of remembering to bring those or put them back in your car. It can be improved and it sounds like it will.

The benefit to the grocery stores should be not having to provide a bag - not profiting off of selling reusable bags every time we forget to bring them.

Reactions: Plum Street
I like how he assumes everyone has a car, where they can safely stow their groceries after shopping. His privilege is on display and it ain't pretty.
Yes and a lot of people take mass transit to work and to grocery stores. People got to lug bags around now

I sort of assume everyone here on this forum with either a Rutgers degree, love of Rutgers or many that post with a hate of Rutgers…have a car

Years back I went to a wedding and at the reception all the table gifts for the guests were a nice custom book of matches : with the inscription of the couple’s names and wedding date. “Jen and Joe Forever” 7/1/02 “
A nice little heart gave it a nice touch.
People started using the matches to light up cigarettes as this was before the bans on indoor smoking. The bride through a hissy fit that people were smoking and wanted a smoke free wedding.
This legislation reminds me of that wedding.

And Jen and Joe didn’t make it to forever
Their marital vows went up in smoke, just like the reception?

Aren’t you tired of failed policy based on good intentions? How many times can they royally F up and then go our bad. But We meant well. At what point will the sheep wise up
What are the Vegas odds the 2035 date for all new cars in NJ to be EVs will be pushed forward or canceled?

preach

and then using the morality argument, im a better person, i care about others, i believe in science blah blah blah...2020 behavior taught us alot
You should put a sign on your front lawn

il_340x270.2717712964_64w1.jpg

I've been using these for probably 7 years now. Still using the original bags I bought. Worth every penny. Bought them for my staff 2 years ago when the ban went into place. Everyone loves them

We used them to pick up dog poop.

You can still buy them on Amazon if you really need those plastic bags.

Plastic Bag
I still have a lot. And if I put in just the right weight of groceries in my one use plastic bag, I can get 8 or 9 uses out of it before it gets a hole. Maybe more, I don't count how many times I use one.

Not gonna read 5 pages, but personally I like grocery shopping with re-usable bags:
  • Easy to open (I always hated opening those plastic bags..)
  • Hold more stuff
    • Can balance the bags easier
    • Fewer trips from car to house
  • They are stronger -- no fear of heavy stuff ripping the bag
I will say that we now buy single use small bags as trash can liners (we also use them in the car) so I'm not 100% sure how much plastic we actually saving (maybe none?).

Reactions: mildone
Some observations -
Less T-shirt bags blowing around as litter

T- shirt bags used as garbage bags for bathroom use being replaced via purchase of other kinds of bags.

When traveling out of state being requested by friends to grab bags

Been using the clear produce bags as replacement for bathroom garbage

Turns out the study by Freedonia was paid for by the plastic bag industry lobby.

Turns out the study by Freedonia was paid for by the plastic bag industry lobby.
Shocking and all the dopes fell hard for it.....again you all got played LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Just like they think Tay Tay is rigging the election.

It never stops

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT