ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ex-coach sues Northwestern for $130M for wrongful termination in hazing scandal

Best way to get what's owed, or settle on a price.
Northwestern admitted he didn't know but used the should have as an excuse to dump him

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Got no dogs in this hunt, so don't really care. But based on what the public heard, reading between the lines a bit, I'll venture the guess that Fitzgerald will win this lawsuit or else NW will settle for a very large amount. Far too many logic holes in the stories of the accusers.

But we'll see.

It’s in Northwesterns best interest to come to some sort of an agreement. They have much more to lose than Fitzgerald. Northwestern doesn’t want the curtain to be pulled back and risk showing how the sausage is made.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
It’s in Northwesterns best interest to come to some sort of an agreement. They have much more to lose than Fitzgerald. Northwestern doesn’t want the curtain to be pulled back and risk showing how the sausage is made.
Or cleaned! Sorry, the car wash thing is bizarre.

It is funny to watch Fitzgerald and Tucker think a jury will take them seriously. I think we may see coaches start asking for mandatory arbitration in their agreements to avoid that.

This is why I still say to this day RU should have told Flood and Rice to pound sand.

Maybe the car wash? Hope he whiffs.
for cause firing deserves taken to cleaner treatment , especially since the school fired him for what he didn't know but brought back all his assistants that " didn't know" .

It is funny to watch Fitzgerald and Tucker think a jury will take them seriously. I think we may see coaches start asking for mandatory arbitration in their agreements to avoid that.

This is why I still say to this day RU should have told Flood and Rice to pound sand.
Fitsgerald has a chance since he was the only one fired for something all should have been held accountable for but all his assistants stayed on.
Tucker was terminated for what he did and his assistants didn't have a part in it.

Northwestern set themselves back to the stone age in the name of stupidity. No one really cared about that "scandal", no one. They blew up their program to please some losers on X and now what? I hope he collects bigly.

Fitsgerald has a chance since he was the only one fired for something all should have been held accountable for but all his assistants stayed on.
Tucker was terminated for what he did and his assistants didn't have a part in it.

Possibly, but the details of what happened at NW are so salacious that i think he can't point fingers.

The game is left up to the lawyers. The Coaches have nothing to lose by fighting for $. Eventually the schools will look to settle as legal costs grow and the coaches lawyers will convince Tucker and Fitz that something is better than nothing. Think both get settled between 6-10 million.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT