ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fairfield University opens $10M lacrosse-only facility

Very impressive for a smaller school, but note the key part of the article that it was built with "donor funds"- that lack at RU explains the dismal state of most of our non-revenue sports facilities and .performance.

Good for Fairfield. I think smaller colleges would be smart by basically going all-in on certain sports since football and basketball aren't really their bread and butter. Make themselves known for certain things.

We used to have a clear advantage in facilities, but those days are long gone.

It isn't just Fairfield. Check out Hopkins, Michigan, Ohio St., Penn St., Loyola, and a number of others, in addition to all of the acc schools.

As always, it comes down to funding. We need way more of it across the board, including and obviously private donations.

Well Fairfield is a powerhouse in Lacrosse. If they play Monmouth they may have a chance for the upset.

Originally posted by red sail:
They don't have a football team at fairfield anymore.
Didn't know that until I read this.

Pretty sure that's where this new LAX facility is going, over the old FB field/stadium.

And they got rid of varsity hockey too.

Originally posted by RUTrack94:
Well Fairfield is a powerhouse in Lacrosse. If they play Monmouth they may have a chance for the upset.
Fairfield is LIGHT YEARS away from being a powerhouse in lacrosse(I am hoping that was sarcasm LOL)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT