ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fall Fest at Lambertville Station

Peddlers is great, but I’d recommend checking out Fall Fest. Beyond whatever is going on at the Station, you have all of Lambertville & New Hope to explore at your leisure, whereas Peddlers is a bit more isolated.

Great time of year to visit. As a local, I shouldn’t be promoting it — town has been mobbed the last few weekends.

Peddlers is great, but I’d recommend checking out Fall Fest. Beyond whatever is going on at the Station, you have all of Lambertville & New Hope to explore at your leisure, whereas Peddlers is a bit more isolated.

Great time of year to visit. As a local, I shouldn’t be promoting it — town has been mobbed the last few weekends.

I’ve never been to Peddlers Village but have stayed at the Lambertville Inn. Had a great Fall weekend in New Hope, Lambertville and the area. The inn exceeded our expectations and we‘d happily stay there again.

edit: Station. Not Inn

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfinally2008
I’ve never been to Peddlers Village but have stayed at the Lambertville Inn. Had a great Fall weekend in New Hope, Lambertville and the area. The inn exceeded our expectations and we‘d happily stay there again.
Not to nitpick, but there is no Lambertville Inn. Either Lambertville Station or Lambertville House. By your description, I suspect you were at Lambertville House.

Not to nitpick, but there is no Lambertville Inn. Either Lambertville Station or Lambertville House. By your description, I suspect you were at Lambertville House.
Not to nitpick your nitpick neighbor but the hotel at the station is called The Inn at the Lambertville Station.

This is the first fall fest as the station is under new ownership. Drove by this morning and looked pretty busy. I’d go there over Peddlers Village

Not to nitpick your nitpick neighbor but the hotel at the station is called The Inn at the Lambertville Station.

This is the first fall fest as the station is under new ownership. Drove by this morning and looked pretty busy. I’d go there over Peddlers Village
Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Short walk out onto wing dam is always nice (and a dip in summer)

Well we went today, and it was crowded for sure. Great views and took that short walk over the bridge into New Hope,PA. What was I thinking wearing my NY Mets windbreaker and Rutgers hat? Lol. Got a lot of smirks from a boat load of Phillies fans.
311602688_2162909623889952_4064869373495144028_n.jpg
312117202_2162909897223258_6151362954183074672_n.jpg
311456032_2162909847223263_5073142704209449269_n.jpg
311109297_2162909597223288_3868166603993717718_n.jpg

Reactions: RU848789 and Rhuarc
We did Lambertville, New Hope, and Peddler’s Village on Thursday. We had a delicious lunch at Lambertville Station, and the trip to Peddler’s Village did not disappoint, because they had a scarecrow-making competition. Some of the entries were very creative.

Scarlet Jerry

We did Lambertville, New Hope, and Peddler’s Village on Thursday. We had a delicious lunch at Lambertville Station, and the trip to Peddler’s Village did not disappoint, because they had a scarecrow-making competition. Some of the entries were very creative.

Scarlet Jerry
Can you call ahead for reservations at Peddlers Village? We always get shutout of that one place we want to go The Cock'n Bull Restaurant and settle for whatever the name is of the restaurant that's below street level.

And why did you choose to go here today rather than to the game?
Went to almost all Rutgers home games and with the weather great and the Giants finally must watch TV, on Sundays, and throw in Friday Night HS football every week also, I was afraid of sleeping on the couch if we didn't do something other than football, lol. There you go,at some point in marriage{42 years} the Boss has lots of leverage. 😁

Reactions: patk89 and BigLou
Went to almost all Rutgers home games and with the weather great and the Giants finally must watch TV, on Sundays, and throw in Friday Night HS football every week also, I was afraid of sleeping on the couch if we didn't do something other than football, lol. There you go,at some point in marriage{42 years} the Boss has lots of leverage. 😁
Ha! You missed our 1st home B1G win in 5yrs. I would never let my wife live that one down. I would bring up anything you bought that day, I remember this, we bought this the day Rutgers got its first home B1G win in 5yrs. that was a special day wasn't it.

Last edited:
The fam and I went to Peddler's village last Saturday, late afternoon. It was an absolute madhouse. There were actual lines to get into some of the stores. It's brutal to drive around there with so many people trying to cross the street. Weekday evenings are much better.

We stay in Lambertville at least once a year at Lambertville House (the one with the little French cafe), which we love, usually on our dating anniversary in mid-March. Really nice inn/hotel and the cafe is fantastic. Tons of other great restaurants in town too. Not fans of Peddler's Village - much more enjoy the funkiness (and sometimes elegance) of Lambertville. New Hope is nice, too. Have been to almost every NJ/PA river town along the DE from north of Trenton up to the Water Gap - gorgeous ride and some cool small towns/villages.

Sometimes you have to take one for the team, especially if you want to make to 42 years! We're at 31 and I often miss one September game each season, as that's when we like going to OCNJ (or if the game is on 9/1, which is our wedding anniversary).

So nice to live 10 mins up the hill in Rocktown.
Wife is heading down there tomorrow for the dog rescue Halloween parade.

Reactions: RU848789
Ha! You missed our 1st home B1G win in 5yrs. I would never let my wife live that one down. I would bring up anything you bought that day, I remember this, we bought this the day Rutgers got its first home B1G win in 5yrs. that was a special day wasn't it.
Great, make me feel even worse, lol

• Haha
Reactions: koleszar
Sometimes you have to take one for the team, especially if you want to make to 42 years! We're at 31 and I often miss one September game each season, as that's when we like going to OCNJ (or if the game is on 9/1, which is our wedding anniversary).
Congrats on 31 years. Amazing how many friends I have with failed marriages. I met my wife when I was 18 and she was 16, dated for 5 years so I always remind her she had PLENTY of time to change her mind,lol. Two sons,both Rutgers grads and a granddaughter and grandson. Funny thing is we lived across the street from each other and never met. Her side of the road went to one HS and my side another.

Lambertville and New Hope for me. Not a huge Peddlers Village fan as it gets to crowded. Will do it for our kids a few times but that is it. So many great places to drive or stop and eat in Bucks County. Fall is amazing here. You really can’t go wrong and it just comes down to the vibe you are looking for. It is all here.

So nice to live 10 mins up the hill in Rocktown.
Wife is heading down there tomorrow for the dog rescue Halloween parade.
I’m 90% sure I drove by the pet parade this morning if we are talking about the same one

Long time ago we use to go to the Cock n Bull restaurant for the King Henry's Feast on Thursday nights, was amazing, went back around 10 years ago & was very disappointed, & read that it has now been discontinued. Wife & I will be spending our 45th Anniversary next week in Minnesota for the game, guess I better find a very nice restaurant out there to celebrate.

Long time ago we use to go to the Cock n Bull restaurant for the King Henry's Feast on Thursday nights, was amazing, went back around 10 years ago & was very disappointed, & read that it has now been discontinued. Wife & I will be spending our 45th Anniversary next week in Minnesota for the game, guess I better find a very nice restaurant out there to celebrate.
45 years!! That's amazing, you just don't hear about commitment like that much anymore. Happy Anniversary to you both.

Reactions: TRU2RU and RU848789
Congrats on 31 years. Amazing how many friends I have with failed marriages. I met my wife when I was 18 and she was 16, dated for 5 years so I always remind her she had PLENTY of time to change her mind,lol. Two sons,both Rutgers grads and a granddaughter and grandson. Funny thing is we lived across the street from each other and never met. Her side of the road went to one HS and my side another.
Thanks and great story! Our son is a 2X RU grad and living with his GF in Edison (after they moved out of our house, as they moved in with us for COVID) so no grandkids. Yet, lol.

Wife and I are going Monday and Tuesday. Will dine at Lambertville Station. I recommend visiting the Halloween House on Union St, at night. Amazing life size caricatures by artist. For Peddlers Village, eat at Earl's.

Reactions: RUMED
45 years!! That's amazing, you just don't hear about commitment like that much anymore. Happy Anniversary to you both.
Thank You! Congratulations to you & Mary on 42 years!!! Son got married on night of Nebraska game & recently they bought a house in Lincroft....Life is Great!!!

Thanks and great story! Our son is a 2X RU grad and living with his GF in Edison (after they moved out of our house, as they moved in with us for COVID) so no grandkids. Yet, lol.
It'll happen and believe me it'll change your life. We go to babysit twice a week, we live 5 minutes away and sometimes we take them to our house for play dates. 5 year old Caroleena and 2 year old Joey are so much fun and consider my wife Mary, Mom 2.0. We'll come home and talk about the cute things they do for hours.Got to play with both my sons on their fast pitch softball team until I was 60. Nothing beats sharing cold beers after the games with their HS and college buddies. Best times, and something I'll always remember with fondness.
309263776_2143815725799342_4914342652552215655_n.jpg
310059179_2143815795799335_5685447368820333272_n.jpg
188845093_1778187485695503_1847468769506863899_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tom1944 and TRU2RU
Thank You! Congratulations to you & Mary on 42 years!!! Son got married on night of Nebraska game & recently they bought a house in Lincroft....Life is Great!!!
Tell Johnny congratulations and may they have as long and rewarding a marriage as both you guys and we have had. Open up a second bank account for the Grandkids they will eventually gift you guys. Believe me, you will spoil them rotten, lol. That's in the grandparent gene we all carry, you see something online you know the kids would like, and the card comes out, lol.

Reactions: TRU2RU
It's a fun day.

You don't have to like fish to have a good time, but if you do shad is tasty.
My wife and I both love flounder and catfish, does it taste anything like that? Actually the best seafood dinner I ever had was at the old Long Johns in the Highlands along Raritan Bay. They had a special fresh catch of the day on Mako shark steak. It was a piece cut about 3" thick and was amazing. They also had a great salad bar and the most amazing popovers that were served piping hot. Really was sad when they knocked down that restaurant for condos and the ferry terminal.

My wife and I both love flounder and catfish, does it taste anything like that? Actually the best seafood dinner I ever had was at the old Long Johns in the Highlands along Raritan Bay. They had a special fresh catch of the day on Mako shark steak. It was a piece cut about 3" thick and was amazing. They also had a great salad bar and the most amazing popovers that were served piping hot. Really was sad when they knocked down that restaurant for condos and the ferry terminal.

Shad are part of the herring family

What is a shad?
The American Shad is the largest fish in the herring family. Every spring, shad migrate from salt water to fresh water to reproduce. Fishermen call this the “annual spring shad run.”

What’s the best way to eat shad?
Chefs prepare shad in a variety of ways. A lot of people like it smoked. One of the best local shad recipes is from Paul Eschallier of Bell’s Tavern: Shad & Shrimp Fritters. Yum.

Can you share some of your favorite places? Now that I retired, I’m interested in exploring these river towns. My wife and I really liked Lambertville.

No. It's a fatty fish. Gross but still go. Fun times

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT