ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fart Spray Prank Sends Students To Hospital, Shuts Down School

IIRC they have finals early in Texas.
I'll never understand why Jersey goes to in some school districts the 3rd freaking week of June. School year should start like a day or 2 after Labor Day and end a few days or so before Memorial Day. They could shave at least a couple weeks off the school year by getting rid of the dumb in service days that seemingly are put in place like 1-2 times a month.

Reactions: JDNB
I'll never understand why Jersey goes to in some school districts the 3rd freaking week of June. School year should start like a day or 2 after Labor Day and end a few days or so before Memorial Day. They could shave at least a couple weeks off the school year by getting rid of the dumb in service days that seemingly are put in place like 1-2 times a month.
NJ requires 180 school days a year, and some states have a requirement of only 160. Some states do not even have a requirement.

That would be the difference.

You can count on texas to highly regulate fart spray after an upsetting incident like this.

My grandson in graduating from a non public school in NJ, and his last day was Fri. May 5th. He is on their baseball team, and they still have counties, the state, and other games remaining.

Reactions: bigmatt718
My grandson in graduating from a non public school in NJ, and his last day was Fri. May 5th. He is on their baseball team, and they still have counties, the state, and other games remaining.

Saturday classes?

No on Sat. Lol. Also had a winter break (1wk), plus normal Christmas, and Easter breaks.
It's the idiotic in service days/NJEA Teachers Convention that no teachers with tenure attend that cause the NJ school year to go all the way to middle of June. Just give the kids the holidays like MLK/Presidents Day, Thanksgiving/Black Friday off, normal Christmas and Easter breaks as well as Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur and the school year probably would be cut down about 2 weeks.

I believe in a number of states school starts as early as mid August which is why they get out early.

Reactions: rufancoe00
Students that got sick wouldn’t last a day in Pennsylvania where is smells like that naturally outside. Especially central PA near the Penn State campus

I brought a stink bomb to middle school in the late 80s. Used to get all that great stuff at the Flemington Fair. Well, one of my friends broke it and it was putrid. Day before Christmas break too and I got busted. Was grounded for Christmas that year, only time got in trouble in school too!!

It's the idiotic in service days/NJEA Teachers Convention that no teachers with tenure attend that cause the NJ school year to go all the way to middle of June. Just give the kids the holidays like MLK/Presidents Day, Thanksgiving/Black Friday off, normal Christmas and Easter breaks as well as Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur and the school year probably would be cut down about 2 weeks.
That is only a few days. Again NJ has a minimum of 180 days, and many states do not have that minimum or any minimum. Many NJ districts also like to go over 180. I think my district has like 184 days. We start at the end of August and end June 13th.

How many in service days are there?

There are just two in-service days in our township's calendar during the school year (two more prior to the first day of classes, and one more after the last day of classes). There are two days off for teacher's convention.

Not sure how that manages to cut down the school year by 2 weeks.

That's because we didn't use any snow days this year, and it's not easy to just peel off 3 days at the end of the year without disrupting year end events (like graduation ceremonies) that are usually planned many months in advance.
Boro books the RAC over a year in advance

That is only a few days. Again NJ has a minimum of 180 days, and many states do not have that minimum or any minimum. Many NJ districts also like to go over 180. I think my district has like 184 days. We start at the end of August and end June 13th.

Same approx.
Start Thurs before Labor Day and finish in June.
They actually just gave back the Th/F/Tues around Memorial Day since they didn't use any snow days.
So it's a 6 day break.
I would imagine it's the same for Hillsborough.

I assumed there is a logistical reason they can't end the year 3 days earlier in June and gave back the days in May instead.

Reactions: gef21
That's because we didn't use any snow days this year, and it's not easy to just peel off 3 days at the end of the year without disrupting year end events (like graduation ceremonies) that are usually planned many months in advance.
Stop being so logical. These guys need the next "problem" to rant and rave about.

My school district gets off the traditional holidays listed. In addition, we get off for Diwali and Eid as well. Each district should have a calendar that lines up with their families needs and situations so I'm glad we do it.

In 2 years we actually have a 16 day winter break due to Xmas/New years falling on a Thursday. It doesn't make economic sense to open up and prepare a building for a day and a half before a holiday break so this is the solution. Also, fi you actually do open it up on those days, many people don't even come because they travel and it screws up attendance figures. We go VERY late that year, but that's little you can do about it.

I wonder if Mark Rober is aware of this and wondering if a package thief will end up suing him... he uses an intense fart spray.. for one year's video (he has at least 5 versions of his glitter bomb package) he sprayed it for Home Alone's Macaulay Culkin to walk thru..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT