ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Feel Good Songs

OK, so there have been tons of song/music threads over the years, but has there been one focused soley on "feel good" vibes? SIAP if so, and I'm being too lazy to search. That said, yeah, a song that, no matter what's going on around you at that exact moment, or in your life, whatever, when it comes on, boom... instant feel good vibes. Puts a smile on your face, etc. Could be the rhythm, the vocals, memory sparks, whatever. Mine changes over time but if I had to single one out, right now, I'm goin' with "Listen To The Music" by the Doobie Brothers. I'm not some ginormous classic rock/folk, etc. guy either. I'm an 80s child, having grown up with 80s pop, then 90s alt. and rap etc. in the mid-90s. But man, that song. Instant smiles! Just has the most amazing chill vibe to it, great lyrics, etc.

What say you? Name yours. Try to narrow it down to one. I know it's hard. I could've listed 200 songs, ha. But for the past several years, I think that's my one. Yup. Goin' with the Doobie Brothers. I mean... "Don't you feel it growing, day by day. People getting ready for the news. Some are happy, some are sad..."
Great thread. Thanks for starting it.

• Love
Reactions: DirtyRU
Don't Stop Believing- Journey

Extra points for Sopranos finale.

Working hard to get my fill
Everyone wants a thrill
Payin anything to roll the dice
Just one more time

I'll start with this one. Always liked this song a lot. A bike ride in Belgium in April this year with 16,000 of my friends brought to an epic level. It rained like a MFer for the first half of the ride but a few miles from Ronse it stopped We left Ronse, our last rest stop with two other groups and oddly a lady that looked a lot like a younger Rosie Vela (in this video) started singing the song. With in seconds all 30+ were singing it. All of us still soaking wet but everyone's mood changed. Sang it again within the last 1k. Unreal.

Last edited:
Sweet Freedom, Michael McDonald.
First heard it when Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines were living it up, going to buy a bar in the keys and retire in "Running Scared".
I was ready to sell it all and join them.
Every time I hear it I think "Screw it, I'm done".

What say you? Name yours. Try to narrow it down to one. I know it's hard. I could've listed 200 songs, ha. But for the past several years, I think that's my one. Yup. Goin' with the Doobie Brothers. I mean... "Don't you feel it growing, day by day. People getting ready for the news. Some are happy, some are sad..."
Great idea for a thread and damn! I didnt realize you picked "Listen To the Music" to start this or I wouldnt have made the duplicate choice. But it is an awesome tune.

• Haha
Started to go with this before I decided to say Daydream. In a roundabout way Do You Beleve in Magic sparked my journey into older blues music - read an article that mentioned groups name came from a song by a guy named Mississippi John Hurt. Out of curiosity bought an album, loved it. Next came Lightning Hopkins, then guys like Bukka White, Furry Lewis, Rev. Gary Davis, etc.

Reactions: RUGuitarMan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT