ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Feel Good Songs

DirtyRU

All American
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2002
OK, so there have been tons of song/music threads over the years, but has there been one focused soley on "feel good" vibes? SIAP if so, and I'm being too lazy to search. That said, yeah, a song that, no matter what's going on around you at that exact moment, or in your life, whatever, when it comes on, boom... instant feel good vibes. Puts a smile on your face, etc. Could be the rhythm, the vocals, memory sparks, whatever. Mine changes over time but if I had to single one out, right now, I'm goin' with "Listen To The Music" by the Doobie Brothers. I'm not some ginormous classic rock/folk, etc. guy either. I'm an 80s child, having grown up with 80s pop, then 90s alt. and rap etc. in the mid-90s. But man, that song. Instant smiles! Just has the most amazing chill vibe to it, great lyrics, etc.

What say you? Name yours. Try to narrow it down to one. I know it's hard. I could've listed 200 songs, ha. But for the past several years, I think that's my one. Yup. Goin' with the Doobie Brothers. I mean... "Don't you feel it growing, day by day. People getting ready for the news. Some are happy, some are sad..."

OK, so there have been tons of song/music threads over the years, but has there been one focused soley on "feel good" vibes? SIAP if so, and I'm being too lazy to search. That said, yeah, a song that, no matter what's going on around you at that exact moment, or in your life, whatever, when it comes on, boom... instant feel good vibes. Puts a smile on your face, etc. Could be the rhythm, the vocals, memory sparks, whatever. Mine changes over time but if I had to single one out, right now, I'm goin' with "Listen To The Music" by the Doobie Brothers. I'm not some ginormous classic rock/folk, etc. guy either. I'm an 80s child, having grown up with 80s pop, then 90s alt. and rap etc. in the mid-90s. But man, that song. Instant smiles! Just has the most amazing chill vibe to it, great lyrics, etc.

What say you? Name yours. Try to narrow it down to one. I know it's hard. I could've listed 200 songs, ha. But for the past several years, I think that's my one. Yup. Goin' with the Doobie Brothers. I mean... "Don't you feel it growing, day by day. People getting ready for the news. Some are happy, some are sad..."
Like the group choice but my "feel good" would be Black Water by the Doobie Brothers.

Reactions: DirtyRU
That said, yeah, a song that, no matter what's going on around you at that exact moment, or in your life, whatever, when it comes on, boom... instant feel good vibes.

So, to be truthful, as a DJ there are a bunch of songs that fit that bill for me. I posted the first one that came to mind, but here are a few others (I'll post the names, posting the videos eventually causes the thread to take forever to load):

Lookin' Out My Back Door - CCR
Lay Your Hands On Me - Thompson Twins
This Is It - Kenny Loggins
One Moment In Time - Whitney Houston
Crush - Jennifer Paige
Doing It All For My Baby - Huey Lewis & The News
You Make My Dreams Come True - Hall & Oates
Can't Stop This Thing We Started - Bryan Adams

Reactions: DirtyRU
Begin the day
With a friendly voice
A companion, unobtrusive
Plays the song that’s so elusive
And the magic music makes your morning mood

Off on your way
Hit the open road
There is magic at your fingers
For the Spirit ever lingers
Undemanding contact
In your happy solitude.

Peaceful Easy Feeling, especially the cover done by Little Texas
Jack Tempchin wrote this. You would have been feeling good last night...

Bonus Trivia: What other Eagles hit did he (Jack) write?

This being modern jazz, it won't be most folks cup of tea. But this is one of my go-to songs for reliably going from whatever current mood I'm in to joy in ten minutes. Was another of my kids favorite road-trip songs when young, where they'd wind up jumping around, testing the strength of the belts on their car seats.

Joe Zawinul (of Weather Report fame) formed the Zawinul Syndicate and his live shows (with both bands) were pretty joyous aural experiences. Like Zappa, Zawinul brought in a who's who of the very best, virtuosic, often largely unknown, musicians.

Wish I had a good video of this 1997 live show, but I can't find one. So the track from the World Tour album, with no visuals, will have to do. It's longish, but builds the whole time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT