ADVERTISEMENT

Tidbits - Wake Forest ( Including Songs with Wake in the title to hum throughout the day)

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
- Wake is 4-3 this season and 4 of their games have been against P6 Schools going 1-3.

- Wake losses include at Georgia (3 points) and Neutral site losses to Utah (7 points) and LSU (6 Points).

- P6 Win was against Florida by 11 points at home.

- Wake has 4 players to date that average 30 plus minutes per game and then there's a big drop off. Those players are: G / F Hunter Sallis (19 ppg) /G Cameron Hildreth (18 ppg) /G Kevin Miller (16 ppg) and F/C /F Andrew Carr (16 ppg).

- From our game at the RAC last year, I remember Hildreth (tough 6"4" G from England) and Andrew Carr (6'10" big man).

- Wake got some good news earlier today getting waiver clearance for Efton Reid - a 7' C Transfer from Gonzaga. Sallis is also from Gonzaga.

- Some YTD stats for Wake: FG% - 47% / 3 PT FG 5 - 36% / FT % - 80%.

- Our career record vs Wake is 1-1 winning last year and losing a 1 point game by 1 in 2015 in the ACC Challenge when DJ Karsten called a foul on us with a few seconds remaining. The Wake player hit 2 free throws to beat us.

- Head Coach is Steve Forbes.

- Will be a tough game and I'm concerned about the big guards for Wake (Sallis is 6'5" and Hildreth is 6'4") dominating our guards and the ability of Big Men Carr and Reid to neutralize Cliff. Plus being on the road / not being able to rebound and the revenge factor for Wake are big hurdles to climb.

- And for you Music fans: 3 songs come to mind with Wake in the title to hum throughout the day:

1. Wake me Up when September Ends
2. Wake up Little Susie
3. Wake the World (Beach Boy fans know the song from the Friends Album)
4. Any Bob Dylan Song in preparation for the 4:30 commitment from Dylan Harper

Last edited:
Coach Steve Forbes … guess another presidential run is off the table 😉

Let me add.....
They don't like to offensive rebounds 24.8% or 290th
Our good FT defense (obviously luck) will be challenged.. They are 79.7%.

I see this game coming down to.......
Closing out on the perimeter
Will our 3/4 press wear them down

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT