ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Golf in Scottsdale?

mesa4234

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2006
I am heading to Scottsdale for a week and looking to play 3 rounds of golf. We are already playing the stadium course and maybe phonecian. Any advice on courses to play?

Don't play golf but I live in the El dorado lakes golf course area. Think hole 7 is where backyard faces so feel free so please don't hit my house before my golf net is installed.

Stadium course isn’t worth playing twice. Until you get to the last 3 holes it’s not that notable. Wekopah- either course would probably be my first choice;, Greyhawk Talon, Raptor is good too. I don’t remember the Phoenician being that great but it’s been years since I played there. Eagle Mountain is a little different, maybe less desert. I like that. Oh, and the 2 courses at the JW Marriott are good. I would go with the Faldo course first. in my opinion the Stadium course is maybe slightly above average for a desert course.

There are so many great choices to play.

The Palmer course at Wildfire is one my favorites.

The Raptor course at Grayhawk is my preference if you end up there

The course at Kierland is always in amazing condition and is a great option also

Troon and Greyhawk, can’t lose with either of them. If you can get to Desert Mountain or Boulders, that would be icing on the cake

Reactions: Section124
Stadium course isn’t worth playing twice. Until you get to the last 3 holes it’s not that notable. Wekopah- either course would probably be my first choice;, Greyhawk Talon, Raptor is good too. I don’t remember the Phoenician being that great but it’s been years since I played there. Eagle Mountain is a little different, maybe less desert. I like that. Oh, and the 2 courses at the JW Marriott are good. I would go with the Faldo course first. in my opinion the Stadium course is maybe slightly above average for a desert course.

I really liked the Stadium course (played the last 4 in -2 as well)... Played it the day after the RU-Louisville game in 06.

Haven't played it, but have been told their other course, the Champions Course, is very nice and at a fraction of the price of the Stadium course.

Also played the Raven at South Mountain many years ago. Loved that as well.

I really liked the Stadium course (played the last 4 in -2 as well)... Played it the day after the RU-Louisville game in 06.

Haven't played it, but have been told their other course, the Champions Course, is very nice and at a fraction of the price of the Stadium course.

Also played the Raven at South Mountain many years ago. Loved that as well.
I haven’t played Champions in a long time but it was more budget friendly and a fun course.

Phoenician is fantastic. I stayed there for a few nights in February.

Check out Steak 44 while you’re in town. 5 minutes from the Phoenician. One of the best steaks I’ve ever had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT