ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Golf Outing Locations Central Jersey

THERAC

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2006
I need to put together a golf outing for my job. Does anyone have a good spot that has a good 19th hole ?
This post was edited on 4/10 12:38 PM by THERAC

Originally posted by THERAC:
I need to put together a golf outing for my job. Does anyone have a good spot that has a good 19th hole ?
This post was edited on 4/10 12:38 PM by THERAC
Back when my company did such things we went to Royce Brook in Hillsborough (not by the Deli)

They did a great job for us.

http://www.roycebrook.com/

How much are you looking to spend per golfer ? Are clients also playing ? There's a wide range of options based on the budget you are working with.

Was going to say Cranny too. Nice course, Nice bar, dining room for indoors meal after outing or big tent for outdoor BBQ type of outing meal. Colleen Suozo runs the place. Ask for her.

Don't know what you consider central jersey, but just south of trenton on the NJTP corridor is a nice semi-private club that does outings called the Old York country club. Been to a couple outings here. The course is well taken care of, enjoyable, and they have excellent Corporate/banquet/outing facilities.

We are paying. Want to keep it resonable in terms of price. Also Cranbury might be a little too far south. I was thinking East Brunswick to all the way in North Jersey.
This post was edited on 4/10 1:41 PM by THERAC

Originally posted by THERAC:

We are paying. Want to keep it resonable in terms of price. Also Cranbury might be a little too far south. I was thinking East Brunswick to all the way in North Jersey.

This post was edited on 4/10 1:41 PM by THERAC
Then Royce Brook is where I'd go.

Or Rutgers...

Fiddler's Elbow, on RTE 78 near 287, does a ton of Corporate outings, they have 3 full 18 hole layouts. Very nice Clubhouse.

Originally posted by RUheart:
Pebble Creek colts Neck NJ off highway 34 near Rt 18 and 195
Sorry but I've played in a few outings there. IMHO Pebble Creek is a true dog track and does not drain rain water very well. Cranbury is also a low end course.

does the OP want to spend 100 or up to 250 per golfer ? The answer to that question will indicate what are the best choices in CNJ.

establish your budget then shop in that price range, just like all other purchases in life.

Figure out how much you can spend.
Metucheb country club is nice.
Every private club for the most part offers outings on Mondays. Just know ur budget and call around.

Got married at Forsgate and then played a round. Course was very well maintained but honestly not as challenging as I thought it'd be. Might be good for an outing. Make your guys feel good about themselves.

Might be out of your range, but check out Makefield Highlands in Yardley, Pa. Just take the first exit in PA off 95 and you're practically there. Course much better than Cranbury or Pebble Creek. The outings there are well run.

Royce Brook in Hillsborough has a great public course for corporate outings and is reasonably priced.

Before everyone answers, can you define your boundaries for Central Jersey
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by mikebal9:
Got married at Forsgate and then played a round. Course was very well maintained but honestly not as challenging as I thought it'd be. Might be good for an outing. Make your guys feel good about themselves.
There are two courses at Foresgate, Sounds like you played the newer course Palmer. The old course, The Banks isn't as forgiving. Hilly, deep bunkers and tough greens. Nothing easy about it.

Originally posted by chriswasky:
Raritan Landing golf course on Sidney road in Piscataway off of Hoes Lane. Par 3
I'm glad to see Raritan Landings get some love. It's a great course for a quick 9 and some work on the short game.

Originally posted by Knightmoves:

Originally posted by RUheart:
Pebble Creek colts Neck NJ off highway 34 near Rt 18 and 195
Sorry but I've played in a few outings there. IMHO Pebble Creek is a true dog track and does not drain rain water very well. Cranbury is also a low end course.

does the OP want to spend 100 or up to 250 per golfer ? The answer to that question will indicate what are the best choices in CNJ.

establish your budget then shop in that price range, just like all other purchases in life.
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me.

Cranbury is a very nice course. Some of the holes are challenging, with little room on either side. Nice variation. No outside beer on the course and its a strict policy, but they have alch.

Pebble creek is a nice course, very pretty with some nice long par fives and some shorter holes. Not sure they have much of a 19th though...

If you want a bargain, and a relaxed course, I reccomend cream ridge. It is not the best course around, but its wide open, relaxed atmosphere, cheap, and very good 19th hole. I play there very often.

Lakewood has Maggie's for 19th hole. Course is OK.

A very nice course is Charleston Springs in Manalapan/Millstone. Its a county course, so idk policy. They have 2 courses

These all may be too far south for you, but I reccomend the Monmouth county area for golf. The courses are nice and you can find bargains if that is a concern. None of these are very expensive. I take the parkway or turnpike and never have a prob getting to these in time. Then again, I grew up down there.

This post was edited on 4/11 10:06 PM by IL Lusciato

Originally posted by WhiteBus:
Originally posted by mikebal9:
There are two courses at Foresgate, Sounds like you played the newer course Palmer. The old course, The Banks isn't as forgiving. Hilly, deep bunkers and tough greens. Nothing easy about it.
Sounds like you're the guy to take me out for a round there.

http://www.gallopinghillgolfcourse.com/I recommend The Palace known as Galloping Hills Golf Course in Kenilworth NJ. Literally right off the garden state parkway, It has a brand new clubhouse paid for by the taxpayers of Union County. Check it out.

http://www.gallopinghillgolfcourse.com/

If you're willing to travel out 78 to western central jersey, there are few better places to spend a day than the Architects Club. Its holes adopt the styles of many famous holes, including Augusta, and it has beautiful views and a nice clubhouse for events.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT