ADVERTISEMENT

OT Great movie lines

Under 1st Ave NYC - the Ghost Train

That was the N.Y. Central City Albany. It derailed in 1920, killing a lot of people.
Did you happen to get the locomotive number ? (as the train passes thru Ernie Hudson, he turns white)
His reply - " Sorry, I missed it ".

Ghostbusters 2

No more yanky my wanky, Donger needs food.

Fargin icehole

Me so horney, love you long time.

We're on a mission from God

Dyin ain't much of a living boy.

Worm: I guess the sayings' true. In the poker game of life, women are the rake man. They are the f**kin' rake.
Mike McDermott: What the **** are you talkin' about. What saying?
Worm: I-I don't know. There ought to be one though.

Mike McDermott: Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker.
Pay that man, pay him his money, he beat me straight up...KGB

"Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze."

"He lets the last Hungarian go. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and then he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they live in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. Nobody has ever seen him since. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. "Rat on your pop, and Keyser Soze will get you." And no-one ever really believes."

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid:

(both about to jump off a cliff into rapid waters)

Cassidy: "What's the matter with you?!?"
Sundance: "I can't swim!!!"
(pause)
Cassidy: "(laughs).........Are you crazy?!!...........The fall will probably kill ya!"

Reactions: RedSpartan
Dirty Harry: You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?/QUOTE]

My favorite Dirty Harry quote occurs when he blows away some unfortunate miscreant, shakes his head contemptuously and says "A man's got to know his limitations."

"You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!" - - - Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men"

Two quotes from one of my favorite movies :::: How do you measure yourself against other golfers? By height. Don't sell yourself short judge, your a tremendous slouch

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Many good ones cited! I love this threads!

That said: If it is more than 1 line or 1 sentence, it is not a movie "line," it is a "scene."

Some lines I liked (some of which have been cited already, but hey, why not repeat good ones!):

Taxi Driver: "You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me?"

Jerry Maguire: "Show me the money!" AND "You had me at hello."

Clint Eastwood ... many:

1) "Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

2) "You see, in this world there’s two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

3) "Go ahead, make my day."

4) "It’s a hell of a thing, killin’ a man. You take away everything he’s got, and all he’s ever gonna have."

Cool Hand Luke: "What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

Shawshank Redemption: "Get busy living or get busy dying."

Godfather - 1st 2 movies: Too many to quote ... like at least 5-6.

Jaws: "You're gonna need a bigger boat."

The Shining: "He-e-e-e-re's Johnnie!"

The Terminator: "I'll be back."

When Harry Met Sally: "I'll have what she's having."

For anyone who loves movies, there are dozens and dozens of great movie lines - and each person has lines that hit home more than others!

"You're in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history."

"We have a pool and a pond - pond would be good for you."

"He's shooting at these cans!"

"Give me ham on 5 - hold the mayo."

"Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo."

"Get to the choppa!" -- Predator

"Game over man, Game over!" -- Aliens

"The cage goes in water? You go in the cage? The sharks in the water? our shark?
Farewell and adieu you fine spanish ladies..." -- Jaws

"Does your dog bite?"

"No."

(Dog bites him.)

"I thought you said your dog doesn't bite."

"That is not my dog."

This line from a late US Senator, Watergate prosecutor, actor and reverse mortgage pitchman has been on my mind the past two months.

I raised you to be a winner, so damnit boy.....win!

So many lines from Varsity Blues

From Casablanca

Ugarte: You despise me, don't you?
Rick Blaine: If I gave you any thought I probably would.

From perhaps my favorite movie along with Jaws-"Willy Wonka"-was full of quotes...

"Candy is dandy but Liquor is Quicker" (Wonka to Mr. Salt")
"She was a bad egg" (Wonka to Mr. Salt)
"I want it NOOOOWWW" (Veruica Salt")
"The suspense is terrible-I hope it will last"-Wonka to Mrs .Gloop (as Augustus gets sucked up tube)
"You Get NOTHING-You Lose-Good Day Sir!" (Wonkas rave to Uncle Joe and Charlie near end.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams"
"Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted (Wonka to Charliec at end)..."He lived happily ever after".

Don't forget the Ooompa Loompa chants and the creepy song/chant as wonka drives the boat faster and faster over the tunnel over the chocolate river...

Last edited:
"I'm your worst nightmare!!!"

from Duck Soup:

Margaret Dummont: "Oh your excellency!"
Groucho: "Your not so bad yourself!"

from Annie Hall:

Woody Allen: "Remember?............ we had that thing to go to."
Diane Keaton: "What thing?"
Woody Allen: "Remember?..........that thing!"
Diane Keaton: "Oh.......the THING!..........the thing."

from In Society:

crazy woman: "My husband is dead!.........he's dead!" (walks away)
Lou Costello: "He ain't dead lady...........he's hiding!"

ADVERTISEMENT