ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hedonism

Red Sail- honest story here...2 years ago, my brother in-law died in Jamaica. Had to make last minute arrangements to stay in runaway bay. The only rooms available were at Hedonism. Far from being prudes, we booked a room there...
Let's just say, it's not like any advertisement you have ever seen. Old, hairy and drooping. And that's the women.

Red Sail- honest story here...2 years ago, my brother in-law died in Jamaica. Had to make last minute arrangements to stay in runaway bay. The only rooms available were at Hedonism. Far from being prudes, we booked a room there...
Let's just say, it's not like any advertisement you have ever seen. Old, hairy and drooping. And that's the women.
Lol Yes,
Basically the women look like old scrotums

The place might suck. But the concept gets the mildone good housekeeping seal of approval. Get hookers. And some blow. Mix in a bit of ecstasy. Go nuts. Hedonism for less and without having to deal with airports.

Lol Yes,
Basically the women look like old scrotums

And to think, I was afraid of "shrinkage" this time of year dipping into cold water. Funny stuff YesRutgers. So it would be inappropriate to take my wife and kids here?

Some people like that sort of thing.

I've been. But only a side excursion while staying at a different resort. If I were you I would check to see when they might have events going on that would bring in a younger crowd and go then. Other than that it's largely middle aged Europeans. Lots of British and Germans.

I've been. But only a side excursion while staying at a different resort. If I were you I would check to see when they might have events going on that would bring in a younger crowd and go then. Other than that it's largely middle aged Europeans. Lots of British and Germans.

What he said...lol

Worst part of the trip- wasn't the plexiglass slide over reception but that the airline lost Jackie's luggage(remember, we were there for her brother's funeral) and everytime we tried to check on the status and they asked where we were staying, the response was "oh, then you really don't need your clothes"

What he said...lol

Worst part of the trip- wasn't the plexiglass slide over reception but that the airline lost Jackie's luggage(remember, we were there for her brother's funeral) and everytime we tried to check on the status and they asked where we were staying, the response was "oh, then you really don't need your clothes"

Hahahahahaha. That's tremendous.

One of my roommates at RU and good friend to this day kept it a secret for many years, but somehow, someone found out that his parents used to run vacation excursions for nudists and they lived in a nudist resort down in FL. It explained why he never wanted any of us to go with him when he visited his parents

And to think, I was afraid of "shrinkage" this time of year dipping into cold water. Funny stuff YesRutgers. So it would be inappropriate to take my wife and kids here?

No kids....it's an adult resort.
We've been there many times. We actually were married there 15 years ago. The best time of my life. Some of our friends went with us for our wedding and we were pretty much drunk and/or high the whole week.
The place changed though. When we started going there in the 1990s it's was a mixed crowd and the facilities were pretty much up to par. It slowly got more and more run down and the crowd got older and older. Eventually the combination of the place getting run down and the crowd turning into a wrinkled, old AARP crowd prompted us to look for a better resort in Negril. We love Negril.
Hedonism once was a dynamic place, with a nude area and a prude area...for those like us that didn't wanna get naked. But at night there was only one area for dinner and entertainment on site. The shows at night were pretty entertaining. The house band was always top-notch ( I love me some reggae music) and the place was big on audience participation. Nude or prude, get some drinks...and some other stuff...in the crowd and they could be entertaining as hell. The wet Tee shirt contest was particularly special back then as well.
But eventually it got old...real old. The last time we were there they couldn't even get enough volunteers for the wet Tee shirt contest. That and this real, real old and wrinkled guy wearing as little as possible ( you had to cover up at least a little for meals)standing in line in front of me at the breakfast buffet made me finally decide to ditch Hedonism.
We still go to Negril at least once a year. But we've found better resorts there than Hedonism.
I wouldn't recommend Hedonism unless you're really into old, fat, wrinkled people and swapping or group activity. Although I always loved the mirror on the ceiling over the bed. Nice touch.
Try Couples or Sandals or any one of a number of resorts along the 7-mile beach in Negril.
We love Negril.

Last edited:
Reactions: redking
Didn't know Hedonism was a resort. Always loved hedonism as a philosophy of life, and no, if does not necessarily include any of the things mentioned in this thread. The philosophy of hedonism is just maximizing pleasure (whatever your pleasures are) and minimizing pain. The latter confuses some people. In reality, the definition of "pain" is just non-pleasure. In other words maximize what gives you pleasure (food, wine, women, etc.) and minimize what does not give you pleasure. Simple philosophy for a happy life.

BTW: as a philosophy, hedonism is older than the ancient Greeks, but they were big fans of it.

No kids....it's an adult resort.
We've been there many times. We actually were married there 15 years ago. The best time of my life. Some of our friends went with us for our wedding and we were pretty much drunk and.or high the whole week.
The place changed though. When we started going there in the 1990s it's was a mixed crowd and the facilities were pretty much up to par. It slowly got more and more run down and the crowd got older and older. Eventually the combination of the place getting run down and the crowd turning into a wrinkled, old AARP crowd prompted us to look for a better resort in Negril. We love Negril.
Hedonism once was a dynamic place, with a nude area and a prude area...for those like us that didn't wanna get naked. But at night there was only one area for dinner and entertainment on site. The shows at night were pretty entertaining. The house band was always top-notch ( I love me some reggae music) and the place was big on audience participation. Nude or prude, get some drinks...and some other stuff...in the crowd and they could be entertaining as hell. The wet Tee shirt contest was particularly special back then as well.
But eventually it got old...real old. The last time we were there they couldn't even get enough volunteers for the wet Tee shirt contest. That and this real, real old and wrinkled guy wearing as little as possible ( you had to cover up at least a little for meals)standing in line in front of me at the breakfast buffet made me finally decide to ditch Hedonism.
We still go to Negril at least once a year. But we've found better resorts there than Hedonism.
I wouldn't recommend Hedonism unless you're really into old, fat, wrinkled people and swapping or group activity. Although I always loved the mirror on the ceiling over the bed. Nice touch.
Try Couples or Sandals or any one of a number of resorts along the 7-mile beach in Negril.
We love Negril.

I went to Hedonism twice in my single days in the 1980s. It was mostly a young and singles crowd. There was a nude beach and many of the nudists didn't mind walking nude through the resort to get to the nude section of the beach. Some of the nudists were young and hot while others were a little ragged and worn out. Rastafarians would hang out near the outskirts of the compound to sell the guests mushrooms and pot. They were scary looking but pretty much harmless. I once drank a rum punch concoction given to me by one of the Rastafarians and i was drunk and / or high for two days. I'm still not sure which. I managed to hook up with a single girl from East Brunswick who I dated on and off for a couple years afterwards. There was a pajama party in the Disco / Club during in the middle of the week. Some of the swingers would show up at the Pajama party in sleazy lingerie type of attire. Some of the hot singles would show up in their underwear which was nice We mostly got drunk day and night. It was a lot of fun back then.

Last edited:
Didn't know Hedonism was a resort. Always loved hedonism as a philosophy of life, and no, if does not necessarily include any of the things mentioned in this thread. The philosophy of hedonism is just maximizing pleasure (whatever your pleasures are) and minimizing pain. The latter confuses some people. In reality, the definition of "pain" is just non-pleasure. In other words maximize what gives you pleasure (food, wine, women, etc.) and minimize what does not give you pleasure. Simple philosophy for a happy life.

BTW: as a philosophy, hedonism is older than the ancient Greeks, but they were big fans of it.

Ask the sheep!

MO

Last edited:
Just as an aside there is also a second Hedonism. Like 16-20 years old. I can't speak for that one so it may draw a different crowd. I know somebody who went there back in 2000 who said there was some freakin going on at night.

The place might suck. But the concept gets the mildone good housekeeping seal of approval. Get hookers. And some blow. Mix in a bit of ecstasy. Go nuts. Hedonism for less and without having to deal with airports.
Sounds exactly like one of my vacations in the early 80s

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I walked through it once along the beach as to not want to walk all the way around it just to get to the other side.

There is low grade, then there is that place. I felt like I needed a shower after that experience. This was in the 90's. I am guessing it is even worse now.

Cleveland would be a better option.

Just as an aside there is also a second Hedonism. Like 16-20 years old. I can't speak for that one so it may draw a different crowd. I know somebody who went there back in 2000 who said there was some freakin going on at night.

The other Hedonism .....Hedonism III closed years back.

I walked through it once along the beach as to not want to walk all the way around it just to get to the other side.

There is low grade, then there is that place. I felt like I needed a shower after that experience. This was in the 90's. I am guessing it is even worse now.

Cleveland would be a better option.

Score another point in Hedonism's favor if it scares away a schmuck like this clown from California.

Score another point in Hedonism's favor if it scares away a schmuck like this clown from California.

Lol...we have agreement. Anything that keeps me away from people of your ilk is a great thing. Hedonism away pal. Spend your life there.

Lol...we have agreement. Anything that keeps me away from people of your ilk is a great thing. Hedonism away pal. Spend your life there.

1. You no read so good ? I said that I stopped going there years ago.
2. How someone could be so not smart to think that they can accurately evaluate a resort from a stroll down the beach in front of it is beyond me. My comments were from the perspective of having experienced Hedonism on numerous occasions. Yours....not so much.
I'm surprised you were even in Jamaica. Weren't there too many non-whites for your taste ?
Although the attitude of most Jamaicans towards gays had to make you feel right at home.

Reactions: FanuSanu52
Even your strawman arguments are dumb.

Stick to low grade resorts and hamburger helper. It's more you.

There is a good episode of "Workaholics" about them going there.... im pretty sure it sums up the place well

1. You no read so good ? I said that I stopped going there years ago.
2. How someone could be so not smart to think that they can accurately evaluate a resort from a stroll down the beach in front of it is beyond me. My comments were from the perspective of having experienced Hedonism on numerous occasions. Yours....not so much.
I'm surprised you were even in Jamaica. Weren't there too many non-whites for your taste ?
Although the attitude of most Jamaicans towards gays had to make you feel right at home.

Hell, if everyone wasn't old and saggy, even my ilk would have enjoyed it...I'm not sure what "ilk" cali is referring to... Sound like a problem with open minded people.

So- while we were there- funniest thing. We were in the "prude" section. Clothing was optional but most people kept clothes on in the public areas. We had a 2nd floor room(BTW- so run down) but we are unpacking and our window was on the beach side- I'm looking out and see this couple walking to a large hammock hanging about 50ft from my window. Towels around them but nothing underneath. They get to the hammock and the guy drops his towel and literally jumped onto the hammock which...proceeds to flip upside down, he ends up hanging under it trying to hold on for dear life as he is completely naked with this chick next to him. I am busting out laughing calling Jackie over to see this- she is yelling at me to shuttup and get away from the window. Ends up the chick walks off just leaving him hanging- funniest sight I have ever seen.

Hell, if everyone wasn't old and saggy, even my ilk would have enjoyed it...I'm not sure what "ilk" cali is referring to... Sound like a problem with open minded people.

So- while we were there- funniest thing. We were in the "prude" section. Clothing was optional but most people kept clothes on in the public areas. We had a 2nd floor room(BTW- so run down) but we are unpacking and our window was on the beach side- I'm looking out and see this couple walking to a large hammock hanging about 50ft from my window. Towels around them but nothing underneath. They get to the hammock and the guy drops his towel and literally jumped onto the hammock which...proceeds to flip upside down, he ends up hanging under it trying to hold on for dear life as he is completely naked with this chick next to him. I am busting out laughing calling Jackie over to see this- she is yelling at me to shuttup and get away from the window. Ends up the chick walks off just leaving him hanging- funniest sight I have ever seen.

The "ilk" I was referring to was the same group of people that you so accurately described in your second post about your experience. Maybe you might want to open your mind before you have the balls to start calling out others. Just sayin.

You gotta give Cali some slack, yesrutgers01. He's what you call "special".

Special is saying the place sucks, then getting upset when someone else says it sucks. Perhaps you should re-read your first post in this thread.

Cali- only called it out as you specifically referred to a specific person who said he has gone to them. I had no idea you were referring to my post.

Caliknight said:
"I walked through it once along the beach as to not want to walk all the way around it just to get to the other side."
No, "special" is saying "I walked through it once along the beach" as if that would qualify you to comment on the place. Most of the resort is impossible to see from the beach, because of the many trees between the beach and the bulk of the place. I guess you didn't like the look of the people sunbathing on the beach as you walked by....'cause that's all you can see from walking along the beach at Hedo.

"This was in the 90's. I am guessing it is even worse now."
I was there every year in the late 90s and early in this century. If your reading comprehension wasn't so bad you would not be suggesting that I said the place sucked in the 90s. It gradually went downhill in THIS century. THAT'S what I said. THAT'S why we stopped going there.
How does someone so dumb think they're so damn smart ?

Caliknight said:
"I walked through it once along the beach as to not want to walk all the way around it just to get to the other side."
No, "special" is saying "I walked through it once along the beach" as if that would qualify you to comment on the place. Most of the resort is impossible to see from the beach, because of the many trees between the beach and the bulk of the place. I guess you didn't like the look of the people sunbathing on the beach as you walked by....'cause that's all you can see from walking along the beach at Hedo.

"This was in the 90's. I am guessing it is even worse now."
I was there every year in the late 90s and early in this century. If your reading comprehension wasn't so bad you would not be suggesting that I said the place sucked in the 90s. It gradually went downhill in THIS century. THAT'S what I said. THAT'S why we stopped going there.
How does someone so dumb think they're so damn smart ?

You are making an assumption. A big one. I never read your post before I posted my original post. You are basically ignored without hitting the ignore button. Rarely do I read anything you post. The only reason I responded is because you quoted my post.

I don't need to walk through and see the pleiglass at the front desk that was described in another thread. Based on the people I saw, cheap plastic furniture and what I saw people doing, I don't need to see anymore to know that place sucks. And you know it too, it just took you longer to figure it out.

Reactions: jmc11201
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT