ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hurley targeted by Lakers

When did Hurley not live up to his word?
Ever since he left RU he’s been an immoral liar. Don’t you know by now that’s how the extreme jealousy and homerism on this site manifests ? He’s not in the same integrity universe as Schiano and Pike, duh.

• Haha
Reactions: walshtrips
Schiano is the arrogant, dominant, financial sponge milking every last penny from the university. Football rules here. I would suspect for that reason alone Pike would seriously consider going to a school with the opposite dynamic. He'd be the big dog driving the luxury bus.
Big dog driving the bus is an interesting take. Dovetails with my thought that even though the Big East is a helluva conference, what’s the easier road to The Dance? UConn in the BE or Rutgers slogging it through the B10?

Big dog driving the bus is an interesting take. Dovetails with my thought that even though the Big East is a helluva conference, what’s the easier road to The Dance? UConn in the BE or Rutgers slogging it through the B10?
Easier road is in the big ten gets more teams into the dance because of its football importance. Big East harder basketball conference and does get respect it deserves. No football arm so has no clout in the room

Ever since he left RU he’s been an immoral liar. Don’t you know by now that’s how the extreme jealousy and homerism on this site manifests ? He’s not in the same integrity universe as Schiano and Pike, duh.
Schiano is the most immoral human being ever to walk the Ru campus. Worst decision Hobbs made bringing him back

Schiano is the most immoral human being ever to walk the Ru campus. Worst decision Hobbs made bringing him back
Pls elaborate on what makes schiano the “most immoral human being“ with specific proven examples

Walked out on us last minute his first go around

Multiple reports of his treatment of staff and players at Tampa

His involvement in the largest pedophila case in sports history (Free report, testimony,)

Never should have been allowed back

Seriously? That makes him the most immoral?

Him leaving - he left RU (At that point in a dead end conference to go to pros (after turning down SEVERAL more high profile college jobs

Tampa - he mistreated millionaire pro athletes? First time I’m hearing this. Strongly suspect you’re way over blowing this

Pedd State - his “involvement” is a slight stain. Slight. He was a grad assistant- hardly a position of power . Again it’s still a stain but it’s a bit much to call him the “most immoral” person

Your comment is just silly

Now i remember why I had you on IGNORE. Not sure why i even saw your comment. Just silly . SMDH

Reactions: Goku and Kbee3
Seriously? That makes him the most immoral?

Him leaving - he left RU (At that point in a dead end conference to go to pros (after turning down SEVERAL more high profile college jobs

Tampa - he mistreated millionaire pro athletes? First time I’m hearing this. Strongly suspect you’re way over blowing this

Pedd State - his “involvement” is a slight stain. Slight. He was a grad assistant- hardly a position of power . Again it’s still a stain but it’s a bit much to call him the “most immoral” person

Your comment is just silly

Now i remember why I had you on IGNORE. Not sure why i even saw your comment. Just silly . SMDH
You want to give him a past for leaving fine

It was staff and players

Small stain because he was a grad assistant???? It went on for another 20 years after he left Penn State . He lies about not knowing and made zero effort to help kids long after he was a grown man who had power. He’s a scumbag

• Haha
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
You want to give him a past for leaving fine

It was staff and players

Small stain because he was a grad assistant???? It went on for another 20 years after he left Penn State . He lies about not knowing and made zero effort to help kids long after he was a grown man who had power. He’s a scumbag

Considering the facts at the time - and the opportunity (going to pros) - I think few here blame him. In fact even at the time I don’t remember many here blaming him( even though many including me were disappointed). You choose to blame him simply because you clearly have an agenda. If Schiano is “immoral” for going to Tampa bay then every coach in the history of sports is equally guilty (pike for leaving stony point, etc etc etc etc). You are embarrassing yourself

Tampa bay - first I’m hearing this. I follow this stuff pretty closely. The fact that I never heard this makes me think you are way over blowing it

Pedd state - few people are more critical about of Pedd state than I am. So yes ANY involvement with Pedd state at that time is a “stain”. But the fact that he was a grad assistant (young guy with no power) IS very significant. The fact the he denies it…. No I don’t like that but on the other do you REALLY expect him to admit knowing anything?!? Seriously- live in the real world.

Re:”made zero effort to help kids long after he was a grown man who had power” - don’t even know what you’re talking about. When this blew up (and he was RUs coach) he should have intervened in the Pedd State matter ?

I don’t know why I’m even engaging - you’re one of this boards one trick ponies. You hate schiano (for whatever reason) and just spew nonsense to support that agenda. 🥱

Last edited:
Reactions: Kbee3 and dfr1966
Easier road is in the big ten gets more teams into the dance because of its football importance. Big East harder basketball conference and does get respect it deserves. No football arm so has no clout in the room

Literally everything you write is wrong

Big East better basketball conference ? Huh?

The NCAA selection committee puts more Big10 teams in the dance due to the importance of football? What?

You smell of troll

Last edited:
Considering the facts at the time - and the opportunity (going to pros) - I think few here blame him. In fact even at the time I don’t remember many here blaming him( even though many including me were disappointed). You choose to blame him simply because you clearly have an agenda. If Schiano is “immoral” for going to Tampa bay then every coach in the history of sports is equally guilty (pike for leaving stony point, etc etc etc etc). You are embarrassing yourself

Tampa bay - first I’m hearing this. I follow this stuff pretty closely. The fact that I never heard this makes me think you are way over blowing it

Pedd state - few people are more critical about of Pedd state than I am. So yes ANY involvement with Pedd state at that time is a “stain”. But the fact that he was a grad assistant (young guy with no power) IS very significant. The fact the he denies it…. No I don’t like that but on the other do you REALLY expect him to admit knowing anything?!? Seriously- live in the real world.

Re:”made zero effort to help kids long after he was a grown man who had power” - don’t even know what you’re talking about. When this blew up (and he was RUs coach) he should have intervened in the Pedd State matter ?

I don’t know why I’m even engaging - you’re one of this boards one trick ponies. You hate schiano (for whatever reason) and just spew nonsense to support that agenda. 🥱
Intervene in the ongoing rape of children? Yes at any point intervene . How can you acknowledge he has a “small stain” in an ongoing rape of children for over 20 years and believe he is a moral person? Seriously!! Do you have children? Can there be any worse crime or imoorality then those against a child?

Any of those individuals involved should never be allowed to coach again.

Literally everything your write is wrong

Big East better basketball conference ? Huh?

The NCAA selection committee puts more Big10 teams in the dance due to the importance of football? What?

You smell of troll
Learn how big collegiate sports work !

If you don’t believe the Big ten and Sec gets preferential treatment because of it’s importance in college football and tv money then your clueless.

2 years ago when we didn’t get in the dance a bigger name head coach would got us in the dance. (Bigger names get more consideration as well if you were unaware)

Big East was definitely a better conference last year and has 2 national championships the last 2 years. At least watch the sport if your going to comment.

Intervene in the ongoing rape of children? Yes at any point intervene . How can you acknowledge he has a “small stain” in an ongoing rape of children for over 20 years and believe he is a moral person? Seriously!! Do you have children? Can there be any worse crime or imoorality then those against a child?

Walking in on your wife having sex with your dog?

that is animal cruelty

• Haha
Reactions: RUDivision
Learn how big collegiate sports work !

If you don’t believe the Big ten and Sec gets preferential treatment because of it’s importance in college football and tv money then your clueless.

2 years ago when we didn’t get in the dance a bigger name head coach would got us in the dance. (Bigger names get more consideration as well if you were unaware)

Big East was definitely a better conference last year and has 2 national championships the last 2 years. At least watch the sport if your going to comment.

You should google conference rankings - every year over last 5 years the Big10 was the higher ranked conference - Big10 was consistently in the 2-3 range EVERY YEAR while the Big East was consistently in the 4-5 range.

The BIg East is top heavy . This is known fact

The Big10 is consistently faaaaaaaaaar deeper

That is why the big 10 is consistently ranked far above the big east and consistently gets more teams in

The above is all fact. Year after year.

Your comments are 100% misguided opinion that are easily discounted by a 30 second google search

You really think the computer rankings for basketball teams and conferences are “faked” to favor the SEC and Big10 because of football?

Take off the aluminum hat buddy

seems very obvious to me you’re actually a fan of some big east team masquerading here (poorly) as an RU fan. In other words - you’re a troll

Last edited:
You should google conference rankings - every year over last 5 years the Big10 was the higher ranked conference - Big10 was consistently in the 2-3 range EVERY YEAR while the Big East was consistently in the 4-5 range.

The BIg East is top heavy . This is known fact

The Big10 is consistently faaaaaaaaaar deeper

That is why the big 10 is consistently ranked far above the big east and consistently gets more teams in

The above is all fact. Year after year.

Your comments are 100% misguided opinion that are easily discounted by a 30 second google search

You really think the computer rankings for basketball teams and conferences are “faked” to favor the SEC and Big10 because of football?

Take off the aluminum hat buddy

seems very obvious to me you’re actually a fan of some big east team masquerading here (poorly) as ab RU fan. In other words - you’re a troll
No one who watched the big east last year and the big ten would say the big ten was better or deeper last year. I don’t care what a computer ranking from some kid who never played came up with on his excel.

If you don’t think the final decision ls being made at tournament time “behind close doors” isn’t influenced by conference heads and tv money your an absolute fool.

• Haha
Reactions: RedTeam1994
I was referring to stature on campus and in the profession, not conference status or path to titles. The UConn basketball HC job is a much more prestigious notch on the belt and much more valued and adored on campus than the football job. Here, Schiano is center-stage.

No one who watched the big east last year and the big ten would say the big ten was better or deeper last year. I don’t care what a computer ranking from some kid who never played came up with on his excel.

If you don’t think the final decision ls being made at tournament time “behind close doors” isn’t influenced by conference heads and tv money your an absolute fool.

I am a fool to believe the vailidity of EVERY ranking - which places the Big10 above the BigEast - by a nice margin - year after year after year after year after year after year after year?

instead we should go with your “eye test”

Ok

I was referring to stature on campus and in the profession, not conference status or path to titles. The UConn basketball HC job is a much more prestigious notch on the belt and much more valued and adored on campus than the football job. Here, Schiano is center-stage.
I know what you were referring to and agreed, I was seconding that with ease of path to titles. Apparently third-person Shelby doesn’t know a compliment when he sees it.

What did he do that made him an immoral liar ?

I know what you were referring to and agreed, I was seconding that with ease of path to titles. Apparently third-person Shelby doesn’t know a compliment when he sees it.
Shelby didn’t recognize the agreement, but he does now and appreciates your wisdom on the matter.

Schiano rules here. Pike may want that status at UConn or other BE school. I don’t think UConn would want his brand of basketball, however, unless he brings Ace and Dylan with him.

What did he do that made him an immoral liar ?
Sarcasm Plum, noting that only Rutgers players and coaches are praiseworthy around these parts. Spencer, GG, Hurley etc are sleazy only for the simple fact that they left.

Great guys for coming here, despicable character for leaving.

Reactions: Plum Street
Maybe he stays at UConn and builds a geno-like dynasty. UConn is already the most successfully basketball (M&W combined) program in college this century. 15 combined NCs and 17 NCs of go back to 1995

And yet the mods will allow this type thread. Why is that? Disgraceful accusation which is allowed to stay by this poster.

Wouldn’t UConn just hire Bobby Hurley?
There are ASU fans that probably hope that happens
Bobby came to the Sun Devils bring a lot of hope of for a great program with him.
So far that hasn't happened and after 9 years a 155-131 record with only 3 Tourney appearances since he was hired makes Sun Devil fans feeling Bobby might not be the one to make ASU a top program .
Hell I bet if UConn hired Bobby Sun Devil fans would spring for his ticket back East 😁

By the way ,Danny Hurley might have his detractors over the way he acts, but no one can say he doesn't win as a HC from his St.Benedict's Prep years to his current UConn program

You have to be one of the biggest assholes on this board!!!!!

Nonsense about Schiano is unreal. If he abused his coaches at Tampa why have many followed him wherever he goes.How long do you think he was a low level grad assistant and db coach at PSU and some idiot is accusing him of being Involved for 20 years ??

This offer is insane. Hurley wanted 7 years from Rutgers ! The lakers offering him 8!!
I look for the Lakers to sweeten the pot and either make it 8 years at $13.5 or 10 at $12.5 because UConn will come up with a deal close to $10 mil a year

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I don’t get it
The Lakers are desperate and UConn is sweating bullets
If UConn can get it's basketball boosters to put up the bucks LA will sweeten the pot rather to come out looking like they can't get the one they targeted for their HC.
A long term contract for close to what Self is making just might convince Danny to stay in the college game and not have yto put up with the players trying to call the shots
NBA players wanting a big say how the team's strategy is might not be what Hurley wants to put up with and a reason he reportedly told his UConn team he's 50-50 on leaving for LA.

Your comments are comical!

Facts!

NCAA Basketball Champions:
- Four Big East teams in the last 8 years, Big Ten ZERO
- Nine Big East teams in the last 2 decades, Big Ten ZERO
- The most recent Big East Champion two months ago, Big Ten 23 years ago

The Rankings are subjective year in and year out. You can bet your bottom dollar that the football conferences get a heavier thumb on the scale. The proof of the best conferences in any sport are in the number of championships, and no conference comes close to the Big East in college basketball.

Long suffering RU fans need to be weary of the following scenario:
- Hurley gets a mega deal from the Lakers
- Pike gets an offer from UConn, and accepts
- Ace and Harper follow Pike to UConn

• Haha
Reactions: RUChoppin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT