ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ime Udoka Ex-Celtics coach

Groz

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2001
With all of the craziness involving the Nets, I am having a hard time with why so many people are getting crazy and are against the Nets possibly hiring Ime Udoka.

Unless a lot more comes out against Udoka with respect to abuse or anything close to it, I do not see why the Nets shouldn't hire him.

I know that Udoka was suspended this whole year because the Celtics have a zero-tolerance policy that employees are not allowed under any circumstances to have affairs with co-workers. I get that, and they have to come down hard on a coach who disobeyed a team rule.

But, not justifying his actions, how many people in the work force would lose their jobs if they were caught having an extra marital affair with a co-worker? I am sure there are many on this board who might have done the same thing over the years.

I know he is wrong, but it seems to me that the woman he had an affair with is probably just mad that he might have cut it off or something to that way and she claims verbal abuse or something like that to get back at him. It really is his wife who should be pissed.

My point is that he is a good coach, had a transgression, and unless there is much more to the story, he should be able to coach again.

Your thoughts?

Best of Luck,
Groz

I read somewhere that under the surface the story is a lot uglier than what’s out there now. Forget who said it, maybe jalen rose.

Reactions: Kbee3 and GSGS
There was a point where there was speculation that he also slept with an exec’s wife. But who knows. Once he’s hired by the nets I’m sure it’ll come out.

In the corporate world there are clear guidelines for handling supervisor/subordinate relationships. Thou shall not boink the staff is one of those golden rules. It creates awkward situations, emotional distress and can invite litigation against the company.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
One thing is certain, regardless of how long it takes for him to coach again, the sordid details will resurface and the debate will begin anew.

I read somewhere that under the surface the story is a lot uglier than what’s out there now. Forget who said it, maybe jalen rose.
If the story is so much uglier than what's out there, why not just fire him? Why create a distraction for an entire season by suspending him for a year? The fact that they're letting him go to the Nets without asking for compensation shows that they weren't going to bring him back after the suspension anyway. It's baffling.

Why hire him ? Dude has no morals. I could care less whether he can coach. Nets just keep inviting trouble. They ll probably trade for Draymond Green.

Why hire him ? Dude has no morals. I could care less whether he can coach. Nets just keep inviting trouble. They ll probably trade for Draymond Green.
They showed no honor in going to Brooklyn in the first place. F' the Nets. Hell.. they should change their name. How about the Dodgers?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT