ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jets fire HC Saleh

I hear you. But wasn't the defense more of Saleh's thing? The D hasn't been the problem. Rodgers and his OC are. So, I'm not sure what this solves.
I don't disagree with you there. He's a good defensive mind. However, he was the HC - in charge of the whole show. He reminded me a little of Rex in that way - great defensive teams (and a great cheerleader for them), but without a clue on offense. Teams were often unprepared and undiscplined. As to what this solves - your guess is as good as mine. It's at least someone new to blame.

I don't disagree with you there. He's a good defensive mind. However, he was the HC - in charge of the whole show. He reminded me a little of Rex in that way - great defensive teams (and a great cheerleader for them), but without a clue on offense. Teams were often unprepared and undiscplined. As to what this solves - your guess is as good as mine. It's at least someone new to blame.
It's almost as effective as firing the hitting/pitching coach!

then, why wasnt he at practice today and left a couple of recruits hanging waiting to meet with him.

Expect an announcement before our game on Saturday
I thought you were being sarcastic when you mentioned him, didn’t think you were serious. If that happens you can overtake Plum as board soothesayer lol.

How about Belichick with GS as HCIW? 😉

As a life-long Jets fan, I NEVER supported the decision to bring in Aaron Rodgers. He is exactly what Packers fans said he is. And, I don't really get the allure. He's not good - just look at the stats. And, for some reason, ownership has appointed him King. I assume it's because they've invested so much in him that they don't want egg on their face for having to admit that they made a bad decision. Well, somebody had to take the fall. So, I guess it's Saleh.

When we're back here at the end of the season, and the Jets are a 5-win team, ownership will probably extend a 3-year deal or whatever Rodgers wants. I can't wait until Woody's gone.

I thought you were being sarcastic when you mentioned him, didn’t think you were serious. If that happens you can overtake Plum as board soothesayer lol.

How about Belichick with GS as HCIW? 😉
schiano not going to the NFL .

Forget about GS, I mean also just anyone. It would be very unusual to make a hire that quick plus don’t they still have that Rooney rule in place in the NFL?
referring to some poster saying schiano walked out on RU today and is headed for the jets. not sure what he is smoking .

referring to some poster saying schiano walked out on RU today and is headed for the jets. not sure what he is smoking .
Yea I know and I thought he was just kidding about GS. He’s a good poster so I don’t expect any crazy hyperbole from him. No idea what he must be hearing but regardless of GS or not that would be a light speed timetable for a hire of any candidate especially if the Rooney rule still exists.

Reactions: RUbacker
then, why wasnt he at practice today and left a couple of recruits hanging waiting to meet with him.

If that is actually factual about today, do you think there could possibly be 100 different reasons why he wasn’t around that has nothing to do with the Jets? The Jets announced DC Jeff Ulbricht as interim coach. If something else was imminent, why would they do that? I don’t see Schiano as an NFL HC prospect at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUbacker
If that is actually factual about today, do you think there could possibly be 100 different reasons why he wasn’t around that has nothing to do with the Jets? The Jets announced DC Jeff Ulbrecht as interim coach. If something else was imminent, why would they do that? I don’t see Schiano as an NFL HC prospect at all.
It's bullshit, the whole story!

The poster saying they will be after Greg was making a joke! Geeze. Anyway, the Jets couldn't afford having two head coaches so they fired one. The other one will have double duty as head coach and starting QB.

The poster saying they will be after Greg was making a joke! Geeze. Anyway, the Jets couldn't afford having two head coaches so they fired one. The other one will have double duty as head coach and starting QB.
Actually triple duty - don't forget Chief Medical Officer! 😉

Trivia question: Who was the last Jet coach to compile a career winning record? (In his Jet career, that is.)

If that is actually factual about today, do you think there could possibly be 100 different reasons why he wasn’t around that has nothing to do with the Jets? The Jets announced DC Jeff Ulbricht as interim coach. If something else was imminent, why would they do that? I don’t see Schiano as an NFL HC prospect at all.
he isnt talking to them about an Interim position.

I believe I saw that someone saw him at a steakhouse tonight with Jet Ownership. Table near the window where is was clear it was him from outside.

🤣

Not sure what’s funnier… yes’s teasing posts that GS is leaving for the Jets or backer’s worried insistence that GS would never leave him like that (except that one time, but never ever again, oh no). Epic thread.

Trivia question: Who was the last Jet coach to compile a career winning record? (In his Jet career, that is.)

iIBYOjG.gif

One of the things he likes about this opportunity is that he would have to move again. The biggest issue for us is that we just lost our AD and not sure that will help us in our search for someone to replace him. I don't think any coach on our current staff would be qualified again.

Troll much?

Greg running Jets defense would be pretty interesting.

Greg's offense with Rogers would also be interesting in a Hindenburg sort of way

RgkEmh2.jpeg

YES was joking from the beginning. That was pretty clear. He's a very informed poster. I'm getting a kick out of some of the reactions. Bottom line, GS is at RU until he is ready to retire unless something crazy happens.
He was having fun with the worry-warts on the board.

GS has made a couple public statements that he wants to end his career at RU. That's nice. But I tend to discount all such statements people make about their future. We all like to think that we know exactly how we'll react to hypothetical stuff that arises in the future. But until we're in the situation for real, we really never know for sure.

I would agree that, at this moment in time, GS isn't looking to go anywhere. But I wouldn't agree with anybody's opinion, not even GS's, about what GS might do in all hypothetical future situations.

As with all references to what might happen in the future, we have to wait and see to actually know.

Reactions: Fat Koko
It was a combination of factors! His wearing the Lebanese Flag on his shirt is so anti Jewish and that didn’t go well with some of the Jewish owners. Rogers doesn’t respect him and lastly year 5 isn’t looking good.
Wearing the Lebanese flag on his shirt...especially when one is Lebanese and one's country is being bombed...is hardly "anti-Jewish".

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
Lebanon flag firing
Might be part of the reason. NY Post implied that even though he is of Lebanese heritage and might have been punished for displaying affection for the country his parents emigrated from.
Though it's more likely Aaron isn't the Mr.Rodgers type and wanted him gone.
Rumor has it that Saleh was going to fire Jet's OC Hackett who Rodgers liked and that was part of the reason for being fired
But record of 20-36 has to have been a big part of the decision

Last edited:

He was meeting with Rutgers AL to give him this week’s propaganda to disseminate.

No NFL team is taking a middling college coach who already flamed out in the league once. And on top of that the Jets and Rodgers are highly unlikely to choose another defensive guy to fix the offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT