ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Knicks 2019-20 Season Thread

rufeelinit

Heisman Winner
May 16, 2010
I will be shocked if this thread stays on the first page for more than a week since few care and there is no reason to be invested in this team. Another gaffe when they did not hire David Griffin when the opportunity presented itself. This roster is a mess with 3 PG whose minutes in the first game were topped by Payton getting 26. Shouldn't Frankie smokes and Dennis Smith be the priority? Who has really gotten better under Fizdale and Perry? There are very few candidates when you turnover nearly the entire team but other than Mitchell Robinson I don't see much building going on here.

Frankie is the furthest thing from a priority. Morris Randle Barrett all looks good. Knox scored off the bench. Peyton looked good. Frankie should be traded or demoted to the G league to get minutes and work on his game. He's not good.

The Knicks looked good minus that one bad stretch run. They were winning in the 4th quarter. This post is just weird

Frankie is the furthest thing from a priority. Morris Randle Barrett all looks good. Knox scored off the bench. Peyton looked good. Frankie should be traded or demoted to the G league to get minutes and work on his game. He's not good.

The Knicks looked good minus that one bad stretch run. They were winning in the 4th quarter. This post is just weird
The OP is probably a Net fan. Encouraged by how Barrett and Knox looked last night. Not sure why Fizdale tried Barrett at the point to start.

Have thought Payton should be the PG. Liked him in Orlando. Only two Knicks were in + territory. Not the beall and end all, but it tells you the point differential when they were in the game. Payton was +14. 11 points, 8 assists, 5 steals. Only other Knick in + figures was Randle, who had a nice debut at 25 and 11 with 5 assists. Barrett was close, -2 with his 21 points and 5 boards. Knox was decent, but -11, was it? But you have to be happy about Barrett, Randle and Payton. The OP is probably a Mets, Jets, and Nets fan who had season tickets to the Sets. If he thinks Knick fans are going to fade away, he needs therapy.

Fizdale is a farce of a coach who is just a placeholder while this team accumulates draft picks. They freed up cap space and tried free agency in the summer of LeBron about 8 years ago and struck out. The tried it again last summer freeing up space for two max contracts and struck out again. They will be trying it again soon after they tank for a couple more years. (I still can’t believe the garbage they got back for Porzinigis). This is just a fake team to get them to pile up picks and try free agency again in a couple years while hoping players like Knox, Barrett and Robinson become studs.

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
RUinFla- the Knicks really struggled when Payton got his 5th foul and had to sit. The game turned there. I think he played very well last night.

Very competitive tonight. I rarely follow the NBA but am stuck at home. Would be nice if they could develop a little rivalry. Nice to see KD on the bench.lurking.

Mitchell Robinson and RJ Barrett are the pillars you build this team around. They need a playmaking PG in the lottery next year then they’ll really start to have something going.

Reactions: Scangg
The OP is probably a Net fan. Encouraged by how Barrett and Knox looked last night. Not sure why Fizdale tried Barrett at the point to start.

The OP has been a Knick fan since the days of #10, #12, #19, #22 and #24. Nobody including Namath, was cooler than Clyde when I was growing up.

So they played hard the first 2 games and have two losses to show for it. There over and under for the season was set at 28 for a particular reason.

I have just had it with Dolan allowing Steve Mills to get in front of the media at the beginning of the preseason and posture that this was the plan all along once they knew KD and KI were going to Brooklyn. That he has the balls to think people will believe that, is why Dolan keeps him around. He values blind loyalty.

They should have maintained salary cap space to take other teams unwanted contracts and making them attach future assets to seal the deal. That is how the Nets and others have improved their situations.

The knick just go out and spend their entire wad over about 48 hours with the only piece that possibly has a long term future with the team is Randle. They have 3 PGs but have no PGs. Anyone can look good on certain nights, (even Mudiay) but they are diminishing whatever value Nilitkina and Smith have by not having the confidence to play them. They also have too many 4's. Those guys are going to be happy if not getting minutes if the losing continues. Who has history of making three point shots besides Ellington?

Hopefully Knox, RJ and Robinson are legitimate building blocks. There should a full fledged youth movement going on but the Knicks have been bad for so long they have no creditability with the fans to fulfill a plan.

Finally with regard to Fizdale, does he take any of the blame for not healing the rift with KP? Seems like that relationship got off on the wrong foot day one. I doubt the Knicks will get an asset close to KP's talent back with the picks they received. So we wait at least another two years although in reality as long as Dolan is there things will not change.

Barrett and Robinson are two nice pieces. Randle is is okay but not someone you want the offense to flow through. Knox is okay off the bench. With one elite (top 20) player this would be a playoff team, but nobody want to come to the Knicks.

Nice comeback win at the Garden--would guess they were hearing it when they fell way behind the Bulls, but they caught them in the 4th. Barrett another solid game- 19 points, 15 rebounds and 5 assists. Been rebounding really well for a guard. Had a block, too. If it's me, I pick him with the #1 pick if the Knicks had gotten it. You could tell at Duke that Zion was going to have knee problems because he puts so much pressure on them. He isn't super sized like Yao or my favorite non-Knick of his time, Muresan, but he puts even more pressure on his knees than they did. Would he be the same player if he lost weight and toned down the leaping just a bit?

2nd sister of New York Knicks player killed in Baltimore

The second sister of NBA player Reggie Bullock was shot and killed in Baltimore, five years after his first sister was stabbed to death in the city.

News sources report Baltimore police say a civilian brought 22-year-old Keiosha Moore to Sinai Hospital just before 8 p.m. Monday with gunshot wounds to her chest. She died at the hospital.

Police said nine people were shot in Baltimore on Monday, and three died.

https://pix11.com/2019/10/31/2nd-sister-of-new-york-knicks-player-killed-in-baltimore

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT