ADVERTISEMENT

OT: KNICKS playoff thread Go NY Go NY GO

Very, very very tough loss for the Knicks. Allowing 4pt play to Maxey, Hart making only 1 of 2 FT's, Maxey making a 35 ft ? 3 pointer and the Knicks not using two timeouts to set something up with 8 seconds left in regulation. Sixers were just better with executing in OT. Guys played a lot of minutes.

OG missed to go up 7
4 point play
Hart missed to go up 4

Up 5 to start OT

Mitch and Hartenstein allow Embiid to play mini zone due to having almost Zero offensive ability

Randle is becoming a more obvious loss now
He’d be playing center a good portion of the game
When he got hurt he was averaging 25-9-5

I’m done with random thoughts brutal brutal loss

Good knight my fellow RU and Knicks fans

Should have fouled at the end of reg.
Idk. He took the shot from so far out that it had to surprise the Knicks. It was one of those if he is going to let it fly from here then let’s see him make it.

There were a bunch of errors that lead to this brutal loss. You can say this is one and it would hard to argue.

I thought Thibs should have taken a TO to advance the ball and set something up with 8 seconds to go versus another Brunson individual foray down the floor. That was not a great look to end regulation.

As that game got deeper in second half I told my son we are in trouble if this is one possession game the way Maxey is playing. He was either scoring or setting up on seemingly every basket.

I don't mind the Brunson selfish stuff, (that is how we win) but obvious killer was possession when he went to pull real early in shot clock from three, Hartstein dove in to rebound and Brunson had no look, had to pass mid air, with Oubry length jumping out.

Idk. He took the shot from so far out that it had to surprise the Knicks. It was one of those if he is going to let it fly from here then let’s see him make it.

There were a bunch of errors that lead to this brutal loss. You can say this is one and it would hard to argue.

I thought Thibs should have taken a TO to advance the ball and set something up with 8 seconds to go versus another Brunson individual foray down the floor. That was not a great look to end regulation.

Agree. Can't really fault Thibs or the Knicks for not fouling.
It was still very early with 8 seconds left on the clock.

Maxey took that shot to not get fouled later in the possession.

Reactions: toby83

Had a foul to give. You can’t give up a difficult three up 3. You can give up the easiest 2. Reminded me when Johnnie McCrimmon dunking the ball at the end of the game when we need a 3.

Had a foul to give. You can’t give up a difficult three up 3. You can give up the easiest 2. Reminded me when Johnnie McCrimmon dunking the ball at the end of the game when we need a 3.

Reactions: NickRU714

Oh I didn’t realize they had a foul to give.

You’re right then.
You foul right over mid court and force them to reset. Then foul again.

Reactions: SirScarlet
Knicks has one consistent scoring threat and Philadelphia has two high double digit scorers.Maxey is very difficult to stop because he can dribble drive to the basket and also make 3 pointers from deep distances from the basket.Knicks failed to foul Maxey before the winning 3 pointer and they missed critical foul shots.Randle is the missing link to win close games .

I did not realize this either. That does make it more compelling to give a quick foul. Although again, I am not sure that was a good shot by Maxey with 8 seconds on the clock even if he was trying to avoid the foul. We might be giving him too much credit on that one. He has really become a terrific player.

I turned away when it was 96-90 only to jump back when I saw on my phone that it was headed to OT

Boy did it put a big ol smile on my face, esp seeing all the "stars" and former Knicks smiling on TV...

Perhaps evens out the giveaway 76ers had in G2.

Quick turnaround for all, probably hurts 76ers more, but back at home.

Win G6 and all pressure is on a vastly overrated Knicks team...they wouldn't be top half in West.

No excuses Knicks...playing a not good 76ers team with no rebounding and Embiid on 1 leg, Bucks have all stars out, Indiana is very beatable...easiest path to EC Finals will ever have...

I turned away when it was 96-90 only to jump back when I saw on my phone that it was headed to OT

Boy did it put a big ol smile on my face, esp seeing all the "stars" and former Knicks smiling on TV...

Perhaps evens out the giveaway 76ers had in G2.

Quick turnaround for all, probably hurts 76ers more, but back at home.

Win G6 and all pressure is on a vastly overrated Knicks team...they wouldn't be top half in West.

No excuses Knicks...playing a not good 76ers team with no rebounding and Embiid on 1 leg, Bucks have all stars out, Indiana is very beatable...easiest path to EC Finals will ever have...
Everyone needs to stop with the Embid on one leg nonsense. He only limps after a bad play and looked completely fine in overtime. His leg is fine. It's his head accepting that its fine is what we see.

Knicks are depleted. Guys playing waay too many minutes. May lose as a result. Also, that dirty mf Joel, even crippled is better than anything we got.

I don't mind the Brunson selfish stuff, (that is how we win) but obvious killer was possession when he went to pull real early in shot clock from three, Hartstein dove in to rebound and Brunson had no look, had to pass mid air, with Oubry length jumping out.
It seemed like everyone else on the floor was kinda just standing there watching him in OT. Knicks didn’t really get into any type of rhythm on offense.

Josh Hart at the free throw line in the last minute has been a problem two games in a row now.

Make foul shots and you win but where is the sports world uproar over the NBA 2 minute report ????

Not sure what the purpose of this report is. Certainly is not a source comfort to the side that was short changed.

Jaylen Brown just took a jump shot and elbowed Tyler Herro solid in the jaw.
Foul called on Herro.

Same play as RHJ that a bunch of people lost their minds over.

I would be surprised if there wasn’t a missed travel in the last 2 minutes of an NBA game.

The NBA is a joke when it comes to calling traveling and carries.

Don’t get me started on the ridiculous And 1’s that are given.
My 11 year old daughter got called for carry like 4 times in the playoff game. I yelled “they don’t call that in the NBA”.

Please stop. The guy can barely move.
His knee brace is humoungous.....and that is relative to his 7 frame. I could probably wear it as a girdle.

But this is all an advantage to the Knicks as he does look to be wearing down.

If so, then focus on keeping Maxey in check.

Everyone needs to stop with the Embid on one leg nonsense. He only limps after a bad play and looked completely fine in overtime. His leg is fine. It's his head accepting that its fine is what we see.

Okay bro.

He just sat out a couple months for the fun of it.

Please stop. The guy can barely move.
He moves fine when he wants to. It's his mind that causes him not to move, not the leg. I'm sure he's got pain/discomfort, everyone does this time of year. He doesn't trust it the leg though.
People taking from the Knicks because they say Embid hurt, but Randle not playing is barely mentioned.

Okay bro.

He just sat out a couple months for the fun of it.
He sat out after surgery. The injury is repaired. I'm sure he's got discomfort from scar tissue, ect, but he isn't injured anymore. Embiid's own words:

"So, still not where I'm supposed to be, especially mentally, but I just love to play and love basketball and I want to play and any chance that I can be out there, I'm going to take it."

Last edited:
He sat out after surgery. The injury is repaired. I'm sure he's got discomfort from scar tissue, ect, but he isn't injured anymore. Embiid's own words:

"So, still not where I'm supposed to be, especially mentally, but I just love to play and love basketball and I want to play and any chance that I can be out there, I'm going to take it."
He came back too early because he wanted to try to give it a go for the playoffs. His leg is nowhere near repaired. You clearly haven't watched the Sixers this year. Go back and watch how he moved in the first half of the season. It isn't his mind. He's in pain. He's not saying it because he doesn't want to use the excuse. Watch his face throughout the game. He grimmaces like 10x per game.

He came back too early because he wanted to try to give it a go for the playoffs. His leg is nowhere near repaired. You clearly haven't watched the Sixers this year. Go back and watch how he moved in the first half of the season. It isn't his mind. He's in pain. He's not saying it because he doesn't want to use the excuse. Watch his face throughout the game. He grimmaces like 10x per game.
Yeah, and his grimaces are usually right after something went wrong.

I'm mostly just screwing with you guys. He MAY have come back too soon, without knowing exactly what the surgery entailed. Many meniscus surgeries you are fine after 8 weeks. Guys his size almost always have knee issues, so I'm sure he has pain. Dude is hella talented.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT