ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LAUSD Cancel Fall Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having seen "online" classes, I'd call it a joke. These teachers just don't want to work. American kids are going to be so far behind. More than they already are.
One quarter isn’t going to kill anyone? No summer break next school year.

Are privates schools opening in person teaching in Sept?

Reactions: Greg2020
Having seen "online" classes, I'd call it a joke. These teachers just don't want to work. American kids are going to be so far behind. More than they already are.

where have you seen? Two teachers in the family. They are working extra to prep plans, put it online, deal with stressed moron parents in a new environment. Will learning be the same as in person, absolutely not. But don’t place that on teachers that don’t care. Please share you direct experience.

I just did. Kids have like two hours of work out here...if they are lucky. It's an absolute joke. Zero education going on out here in public school "online learning".

It's more like online vacation. Teachers are essential services and should be viewed as such.

One quarter isn’t going to kill anyone? No summer break next school year.

Are privates schools opening in person teaching in Sept?

It's not one quarter. It's basically a year from when this started.

As of now, yes. And people wonder why kids from private schools do so much better in life.

where have you seen? Two teachers in the family. They are working extra to prep plans, put it online, deal with stressed moron parents in a new environment. Will learning be the same as in person, absolutely not. But don’t place that on teachers that don’t care. Please share you direct experience.
He doesn't have any direct experience. He surfs and spends his time trolling here. It's full time work.

I just did. Kids have like two hours of work out here...if they are lucky. It's an absolute joke. Zero education going on out here in public school "online learning".

It's more like online vacation. Teachers are essential services and should be viewed as such.
Then you live in a crappy district. Ours provided tablets for every kid. Google docs lessons. Video lessons for the one I know who teaches 125 different kids ever day 6 classes x about 20 kids in math and then live sessions around parents schedules.

For every young kid that stays home the parents have to find a way to have someone there too. What if the parents have jobs that cannot be performed remotely?

Has many ramifications.

Learning will happen...kids learn fast. I’m worried about the eviscerating of social skills which were already really bad. Fast forward 10-20 years and the “adults” coming into the work force are going be scary bad at social interaction. Critical “soft” skills not being learned.

Learning will happen...kids learn fast. I’m worried about the eviscerating of social skills which were already really bad. Fast forward 10-20 years and the “adults” coming into the work force are going be scary bad at social interaction. Critical “soft” skills not being learned.
I thought that was why kids go away for college.

Could not disagree more. My wife and I teach in northern NJ. We had zero time to figure out how to teach virtual learning. We both busted our a@@es not only teachIng the students, but incorporating different ways of learning, Has zero to do with teachers not wanting to work.

Cali is ignorant and doesn’t know how it works that’s y. I was teaching my own kids and doing live lessons with kids . I’m doing work now in July because i have to basically change all of the way my lessons are done because of social distancing a new rules . This is all because his hero is the worst leader of all of all time and believes in the love connection guys theories more than dr. Fauci or other scientists

Could not disagree more. My wife and I teach in northern NJ. We had zero time to figure out how to teach virtual learning. We both busted our a@@es not only teachIng the students, but incorporating different ways of learning, Has zero to do with teachers not wanting to work.
Again , Cali is one of the most ignorant posters on the board . He knows one teacher ok Cali that was having fun while not teaching and now it’s no teachers want to teach . Anything to deflect attention away from the fact that his hero is an epic failure .

Then you live in a crappy district. Ours provided tablets for every kid. Google docs lessons. Video lessons for the one I know who teaches 125 different kids ever day 6 classes x about 20 kids in math and then live sessions around parents schedules.
Mine did similar things on the fly as well and now with months to plan we will have even more content at our disposal. Is it perfect , no but this is the situation trump has put us all in by his failures.

Reactions: Greg2020
Cali is ignorant and doesn’t know how it works that’s y. I was teaching my own kids and doing live lessons with kids . I’m doing work now in July because i have to basically change all of the way my lessons are done because of social distancing a new rules . This is all because his hero is the worst leader of all of all time and believes in the love connection guys theories more than dr. Fauci or other scientists

Testy lol. I know of no teachers who feel like you do. At a minimum, teachers pay should be cut. The same services aren't being provided.

Testy lol. I know of no teachers who feel like you do. At a minimum, teachers pay should be cut. The same services aren't being provided.
We’re actually going to be doing more now , but you wouldn’t know that . Assuming we go back , we’ll be asked to provide our normal lessons and instructions (and by normal I mean kids wearing masks with limited or no contact for small group work , limited sharing of equipment and resources , etc) plus provide remote learning lessons for students either not in school that day or students when they get home from school . And on top of that make sure we don’t bring Covid back to our families . But hey , yea, let’s cut our pay more .

We’re actually going to be doing more now , but you wouldn’t know that . Assuming we go back , we’ll be asked to provide our normal lessons and instructions (and by normal I mean kids wearing masks with limited or no contact for small group work , limited sharing of equipment and resources , etc) plus provide remote learning lessons for students either not in school that day or students when they get home from school . And on top of that make sure we don’t bring Covid back to our families . But hey , yea, let’s cut our pay more .

Teachers are essential. If you aren't going to work you shouldn't get paid. "Online teaching" isn't doing your job. Sorry.

Also, how many teachers so you actually know ? A few somewhere in Cali don’t represent the vast majority . Do you have school aged kids ? How would you know what is being taught remotely then and that they are doing a horrible job where U are ?

No one knows yet when kids will be going back to school in NYC in September. Will they go for 2 days, 3 days,online or a combination?
But, today NYC has allowed all Day Care centers to open. There are sensible guidelines for wearing masks and cleanliness.
Why is it OK to just go ahead and open thousands of day care centers while saying school age kids a

I can share my direct experience. I have three kids in school in a good school district in NJ. 8th, 11th and 12th grade. I realize that teachers had no time to transition but 50% of them across the three kids were mailing it in.

Some teachers did 15 minute recorded lessons which were great and followed up with homework. Some only did homework and no teaching. Two of them had the same English teacher and the guy disappeared for 10 days with no posts at all in Google classroom. Basically, it was a mixed bag. The responsible teachers did a good job and the others less so.

Based on what I saw, I can't imagine that all these teachers were putting in more time. In most cases, it was probably much less.

Reactions: T2Kplus10

And they wonder why public schools in LA are an absolute disaster.

"We can't teach unless police are defunded!" Makes perfect sense.

They just want a bigger piece of the pie. We voted on another increase in taxes to supposedly pay for more teachers and smaller classes sizes last year. Noble right? Until you read the fine print. 97 cents out of every dollar was going to the union. Thank God it failed.

Spot on!

That’s not my fault that we are online. I didn’t ask to be online . That is the result of poor leadership overall in our country .

Some teachers will have to be online teaching whether or not they're also in classroom. Plenty of high-risk kids who will not be attending in person regardless. So online teaching is in fact the job they're being paid for.

Last springs online learning was thrust upon the teachers & schools at the last minute. With more planning and prep online learning should be much improved going forward.

I'm from NJ and live in PA and had no idea what LAUSD was. Had to look it up. Thought it might be a college in Louisiana.
Anyway their current situation is a lot different than NY and NJ.
I had no idea either. What's with the "Unified" part? Were they once divided and at war with each other?

Newsom just shut down the state again, which we all figured was coming. Funny what they allow and don't.

Didn't see golf on the list so all good there for now.

Newsom just shut down the state again, which we all figured was coming. Funny what they allow and don't.

Didn't see golf on the list so all good there for now.
Economy was coming back a little too fast for some people's liking. I expect some of the other large blue states to follow. After November it will be amazing how quickly some of these states begin to open up, of course with the mandatory tax increases to follow, payoffs to the teachers unions, etc., etc., etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT