ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Manasquan Boys Basketball sues NJSIAA over Camden loss

I heard on the radio it was more than that and wasn't the coaches. What was said was the Camden AD and one of the heads of the NJ athletic association were sitting together. Camden AD spoke to the association rep who them came onto the court to speak to the lead referee. Then refs conferred and call was changed. I did not see this so can't vouch if true but supposedly there is video.

It should be noted that Camden does have a weird relationship with the NJSIAA, with some saying they get preferential treatment from the NJSIAA. The NJSIAA has looked the other way sometimes when Camden brought in players that frankly, they should have looked at more closely as whether or not they are legitimate players.

Further, last year it was the school district that blocked them from the postseason after the brawl with Eastside High in the Camden County Tournament. The NJSIAA had not made a ruling before the Camden School district banned them. But there were rumors the NJSIAA was looking for a way to keep them eligible to play if the decision had came down to them.

I am not suggesting a conspiracy here but frankly, the whole thing looks odd. Another report was that the referee who said it was not good actually didn't even make a stink right away. He started walked off the court but then after Camden made a stink, the head ref pulled the group together. If that's true, that's odd as well.

Course not. But typically when you don't score for an entire fourth quarter you don't win. This is a total collapse. The refs took the game away, but it never should have been close to begin with.

they actually did score in the 4th quarter. Check the video there was about a half second left when their one shot went in.

Course not. But typically when you don't score for an entire fourth quarter you don't win. This is a total collapse. The refs took the game away, but it never should have been close to begin with.
You win by scoring more than your opponent and Manasquan did just that. Ask Manasquan and the Camden team who when the game outcome changed found themselves 1 pt ahead. Think that proved what everyone knows the wrong team got the dub.

Reactions: newell138
Opens the door to sue for a ref or ump error.
I'm not sure I agree with that.
But if so, why is that a problem ? People get sued all the time for their ****-ups.
Why should basketball officials have complete immunity ?

I'm not sure I agree with that.
But if so, why is that a problem ? People get sued all the time for their ****-ups.
Why should basketball officials have complete immunity ?
The video showed he walked on the winning basket- you want that in court?

Reactions: Scarlet1984
You win by scoring more than your opponent and Manasquan did just that. Ask Manasquan and the Camden team who when the game outcome changed found themselves 1 pt ahead. Think that proved what everyone knows the wrong team got the dub.
Thank you for explaining what is obvious. Manasquan won the game. Refs took it away…nothing to argue about. Point is it shouldn’t have ever been an issue. How do you go 7 minutes 59 and a half seconds without scoring. Refs stole the game but Manasquan set it up to happen. I am sure there were many bad calls during the game that cost each team points along the way. This was obviously incredibly blatant…but when you are winnng by fourteen points, don’t go 7:59.5 without a single point and expect good things to happen.

Reactions: Bagarocks
You are clearly not mentally stable. Take the pacifier out of your hiney and put it back in your mouth.
I’m extremely stabile and rational unlike your postings on this game. I take a complete annual physical and a mental exam which determined no signs of cognizant decline for 4 years. May I suggest you do the same😜

I’m sure you have had plenty of inanimate objects inserted in your hiney for many years.

The video showed he walked on the winning basket- you want that in court?
I think these things should be decided on a case-by-case basis.
And the Manasquan-Camden ripoff is clearly one that needed to be corrected.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
my problem with this is when a "mistake" is not really a "mistake".. but a choice by certain bad actors.

Does anyone know if the box score showed anything else unusually slanted?

Fix it and that means even if it was a choice those bad actors did not get what they wanted. Bad actors or not, it is the right thing to do.

Good lesson for the kids

You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. ……. Homer Simpson

• Haha
Reactions: goru1869
As if this situation couldn't get any more uneasy, the Camden vs Arts game at noon today at Rutgers is followed by the Manasquan Girls game at 2:00pm.

• Wow
Reactions: newell138
What a shame for Manasquan. How could the refs do that?! I understand human error but it wasn't even that close of a call. The ball was basically entering the rim when the horn sounded and the clock expired.

Reactions: Kbee3
https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports...hopeful-ending-to-this-ugly-story-politi.htmlCan you say the ultimate class shown by Manasquan? Paywall, but the kids stood for well over a minute after the game.
The ultimate class would have been for the people at the Camden school to turn down the game and tell the Manasquan team, that since they won, they can play. IMO, it is easier to explain to the losing team, why they can't play instead of telling the winning team, why they can't play.

The ultimate class would have been for the people at the Camden school to turn down the game and tell the Manasquan team, that since they won, they can play. IMO, it is easier to explain to the losing team, why they can't play instead of telling the winning team, why they can't play.
I don’t think Camden has the authority to do that. NJSIAA probably would have ruled it a Camden forfeit.

Reactions: tico brown
Keep in mind this entire story was not about a great game , between two great teams and an exciting finish , it became the game where 3 incompetent referees changed the outcome and dramatically caused a legitimate public outcry . This may be over for now but the state needs to make sure this doesn’t occur again in the near and distant future.

If Camden voluntarily stepped aside there is no doubt the NJSSIA would have allowed Manasquan to play in the final.
You may be right but I would need to see that verified before taking it as fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT