ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LeSean McCoy Traded to Bills

mikemarc1

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2005
Wow!!! (Per Adam Schefter)

Rex Ryan has a hell of a team

As a Giants fan, glad he's gone. What say you Eagles fans?

they gave up kiko alonso.

seems like a good trade for both teams to me.

Originally posted by RU0517581:
No more Bills speculation for Ray Rice
Yes ,now it will be Rice to Eagles
roll.r191677.gif

Edit :dup post ( site messing up on me today can't post links and running slow)
So will guess that Eagles might be looking to go after Peterson since he might not want to go back to the Vikings
This post was edited on 3/3 7:08 PM by MADHAT1

Not done deal according to Drew Rosenhaus but seems to be semantics since it can't be "done deal" unti, next week. Eagles could go after Petersen( trade) , Spiller (FA) or Murray (when he leaves Dallas).

As a Giant fan, nice to see McCoy out of the division.

Not done deal according to Drew Rosenhaus but seems to be semantics since it can't be "done deal" unti, next week. Eagles could go after Petersen( trade) , Spiller (FA) or Murray (when he leaves Dallas).

Originally posted by RUMcMahon:

As an Eagles fan I'm torn. When he was good he was scary good. He did slip a bit last year and was a big cap hit.

The Eagles will by $50M under the cap after the trade.

Lots of carries and 11.6 mil. Kelly ones a one cut rb for cheap. Not huge on relying on FA and trading everything for a qb. Screams of dan Snyder in manic stage.

I'm fine with it. RBs are easily replaced, can ride them while they're young, but they wear out quickly. Big cap money for a back looking at the edge of decline. Eagles O line had a ton of injuries at the beginning of last year, but even with that he didn't look the same, didn't have the same burst as 2013.

Don't think Eagles will go after Peterson, Rice, etc. Kelly will look to draft a RB, then fill the other holes via FA.

Alonso is a very good MLB if fully healthy, with him and Kendricks they have a really good fast pair.

I wish people would stop referring to this trade as LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonzo. The trade is LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonzo and $9M worth of FAs.

Is the trade worth it? Who knows. But if you're going to draft a RB, this is the year. You could trade back and grab Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley in the first. You can wait until the second round and grab Tevin Coleman in the 3rd or Jeremy Langford in the 4th. Hell, you can take a chance and grab Karlos Williams in the 7th and risk his issues.

This draft is DEEP.

No position has been devalued as much as RB over the past 10 yrs or so. There are a handful who have true value, and the rest are interchangeable. Mccoy was one of them, but based on last year he seems to be on the back side of his career. Good trade for the Eagles.

You can get a good running back in the 2nd round. RR comes to mind and as a Bengals fan I've seen them pick up twp in recent memory, Jeremy Hill and Giovani Bernard. It's rare nowadays that a team will burn a 1st rounder on a RB

Originally posted by Saint Puppy:
No position has been devalued as much as RB over the past 10 yrs or so. There are a handful who have true value, and the rest are interchangeable. Mccoy was one of them, but based on last year he seems to be on the back side of his career. Good trade for the Eagles.
This is true. The NFL has become specialized to the point where the most talented RB might not be the one who fits your system best. In the last 10 years, the first RB taken has been one of the best 5 backs in the draft about 50% of the time. Adrian Peterson is the last back (2007) who was the best back in the draft after being the first one drafted. The one before that was Stephen Jackson (2004) and the second best back, Michael Turner, was drafted in the 5th round. Turner may have had a better career than Jackson if he didn't sit behind Tomlinson for 4 years in San Diego.

I think there are 10 or 11 runningbacks in this draft who could start in the NFL within the next two years. Rex Ryan will be true to his legacy and destroy the Bills and the Jets as his father destroyed the Eagles.

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:
I wish people would stop referring to this trade as LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonzo. The trade is LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonzo and $9M worth of FAs.

Is the trade worth it? Who knows. But if you're going to draft a RB, this is the year. You could trade back and grab Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley in the first. You can wait until the second round and grab Tevin Coleman in the 3rd or Jeremy Langford in the 4th. Hell, you can take a chance and grab Karlos Williams in the 7th and risk his issues.

This draft is DEEP.
If Chip trades high picks for Mariota, then you won't get one of hte elite TBs in this draft.

Sharp memories of Pitt RB LeSean McCoy having a quiet outing at Rutgers and responding to hecklers in the lower rows of Sec. 104 behind the Pitt bench who got to him! No match for the hecklers.

Originally posted by Ty Webb:
Originally posted by PhilaPhans:

This draft is DEEP.
If Chip trades high picks for Mariota, then you won't get one of hte elite TBs in this draft.
Unless it's future picks that he's trading (a one this year, a one next year, a one some other time).

And as I've said already. There are multiple starting RBs in the 4th round and beyond.

I still think it's a bad move. This is why you don't give egotistical college coaches too much power.

Originally posted by RUScrew85:

As an Eagles fan I'm torn. When he was good he was scary good. He did slip a bit last year and was a big cap hit.

Its interresting. UI assumed when they made the deal that they were short on cap room. I guess they just figured - they could get more value from a couple of mid-range guys at other positions plus Alonzo, than by overpaying at RB.

Originally posted by RUScrew85:

That number should reach $60M as soon as this trade comes official as they will than cut DeMeco Ryans. And this from the Philly Daily News

Anyway, the Eagles now certainly have the wherewithal to be major players in free agency. If they want to outbid the rest of the NFL for Seahawks cornerback Byron Maxwell and Patriots safety Devin McCourty, they can do it.

I'd camp out for a McCourty jersey if he signed with Philly. It's tough to give up a player like McCoy and say it's a great trade, but I think this works out for them. RB's are expendable, and with Polk + Sproles still on the roster, they just need to sign another RB that's solid for 15 touches a game and they'll be fine

Originally posted by Terry_2426:
I'd camp out for a McCourty jersey if he signed with Philly. It's tough to give up a player like McCoy and say it's a great trade, but I think this works out for them. RB's are expendable, and with Polk + Sproles still on the roster, they just need to sign another RB that's solid for 15 touches a game and they'll be fine
True that! Loved McCoy but Chip is building HIS team and I say why not? $50-$60 million under the cap isn't a bad place to be right about now.

maybe sproles is gonna be the feature guy, seems like the right kind of rb for kelly. Maybe he managed to get him last year but just couldn't get the organization to trade mccoy at that time and got forced to play him more than he wanted to keep up his value.

Originally posted by RUblackshirt2006:
maybe sproles is gonna be the feature guy, seems like the right kind of rb for kelly. Maybe he managed to get him last year but just couldn't get the organization to trade mccoy at that time and got forced to play him more than he wanted to keep up his value.
Sproles as a feature??? Yikes!-I hope that's not the plan for them.

Deanthony Thomas. LaMichael James.

I don't know, but i suspect I'll be trying really hard to stay one round ahead of everyone in next years fantasy football draft for Sproles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT